Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like her memorial tributes, this final sensual sendoff was part of her sealing him to eternity before her final act of exorcism. It's almost as if she was living some paranormal fantasy film.

This part I disagree with, Jodie is by far not the sharpest pencil in the box, actually quite dumb, I believe she is dumb enough to think her writing that will make her not look like a suspect, I imagine she even got a kick out of it but the whole eternity, exorcism is not something I think Jodie is capable of understanding.

Hi, pip. Thanks for this description. To me, that sounds logical. Attacking the much larger and stronger Travis with a knife would have been a mistake. Any plans that Jodi had for a one-shot resolution, of course, turned out to be impossible, but even if the shot didn't kill him; it almost certainly disoriented him and perhaps partly blinded him with the blood. He might not have even seen the gun or known that he was shot, but nevertheless could feel the pain and blood.

But as you say, we will likely never know the truth.

One thing is for sure.. he did go to the sink as evidenced by the amount dripping and splattering of blood seen there. The only reason I can think of him going to the sink is for the mirror, instinctively to see the gunshot damage to his face. He wouldn't have needed a mirror to see his chest wound, had that been the first insult. He would have been trying to get out of the house at that point, not to the mirror. That's also why I believe the GSW came first. He was still ambulatory to go from the shower to mirror, it was after the stabbing started that he finally went down.

One thing is for sure.. he did go to the sink as evidenced by the amount dripping and splattering of blood seen there. The only reason I can think of him going to the sink is for the mirror, instinctively to see the gunshot damage to his face. He wouldn't have needed a mirror to see his chest wound, had that been the first insult. He would have been trying to get out of the house at that point, not to the mirror. That's also why I believe the GSW came first. He was still ambulatory to go from the shower to mirror, it was after the stabbing started that he finally went down.

Hi, Pip. I think that you are right. Just a few weeks ago, a policeman in New York was shot but even though he had heard the gun and was physically impaired, he didn't know that he was wounded.

For Jodi, not killing him with a shot to his head must have been completely unnerving.

This part I disagree with, Jodie is by far not the sharpest pencil in the box, actually quite dumb, I believe she is dumb enough to think her writing that will make her not look like a suspect, I imagine she even got a kick out of it but the whole eternity, exorcism is not something I think Jodie is capable of understanding.

Hi, Manzana. I certainly agree that she's not a bright woman. It's not that she's bright; it's that she is stupidly living out the simplistic new age philosophy that she wrote about on her blog. (Her reading list on her profile is a case study in "think it, it will be done" self-actualization.) Thus, it's not intelligence that made her self-confident enough to ignore any sane lawyer's advice and give multiple major media interviews before she knew the extent of the evidence against her.

Actually, her demeanor reminds me of a few self-deluding female free spirits I knew at college. (One of them, I am told, is now a part-time psychic.)

I've been following this horrible case and have a few thoughts on how it may have played out. I do think she went with the intention of getting him to commit to her and not taking the other girl to Cancun or he would die. Her last straw. She stole the gun with this premeditated plan. I do think that she planned his murder to be with the gun, not knife. I think the first assault on him was with the gun as he sat in the shower. The last known pic of him alive shows the right side of his body facing the shower door. I think she opened the door and fired down onto him. The bullet entered through his right eyebrow and lodged into his left cheek. He likely turned his head away as he saw what was coming. I don't think she would have been confident/brave or powerful enough to make her first assault with a knife. The gun was the plan. I think he got out of the shower and struggled to the to the sink to see the damage she had done. He would have been bleeding profusely and the "splatter" we see could be from coughing blood or arterial bleeding from the GSW. I recall in her story of the "intruders" where a gun was pointed at her and it didn't go off. A little truth in every lie? Perhaps she tried firing at him again and the gun wouldn't fire so she ran and got the knife and began stabbing him from behind while he was at the sink. He tried to escape her and as he turned, the heart stab came. Then lastly she slit his throat. I just have a hard time believing she would try to stab him first when she had the gun plan in advance and the fact that it would be very risky for her to use the knife first on such a large and strong man. She disabled him with the gun and finished with the knife out of necessity, because she couldn't get the gun to work after the first shot which didn't kill him as intended.
JMO/theory
We will likely never know the truth.

The prosecution made a point of showing the bullet casing laying over by the sink and closet door within a puddle of clotted blood and absolutely no blood on the casing at all. As if the casing landed on the blood after the blood was already there and no blood landed on it after that.

I don't know how street smart she is but she didn't get her GED until she was in jail. She has also learned Spanish and taken up...singing while there.

The prosecution made a point of showing the bullet casing laying over by the sink and closet door within a puddle of clotted blood and absolutely no blood on the casing at all. As if the casing landed on the blood after the blood was already there and no blood landed on it after that.

Great point!

True that, but still inconclusive as to whether that casing may have been inadvertently scooted across the floor by foot into a different location, with all the back and forth commotion in the room during the stabbing and clean up efforts.

True that, but still inconclusive as to whether that casing may have been inadvertently scooted across the floor by foot into a different location, with all the back and forth commotion in the room during the stabbing and clean up efforts.

With all of the blood in that room, I think that the casing would have blood on other surfaces besides the part resting in the pool of blood, if it were scooted or kicked across the room. MOO.

It will be very interesting to hear the forensic testimony to see how the prosecution came up with their scenario.

I hope a psych eval has been done and will be presented during this trial. It would be interesting to know what the psych pros have to say about her mental and emotional well-being.

With all of the blood in that room, I think that the casing would have blood on other surfaces besides the part resting in the pool of blood, if it were scooted or kicked across the room. MOO.

It will be very interesting to hear the forensic testimony to see how the prosecution came up with their scenario.
It would depend as to which point in the attack it was and as to how much blood was on the floor when it may have been inadvertently relocated, and whether or not it was kicked up airborn and landed rather than scooted across the floor. Yes, it will be interesting to hear the forensic testimony. I think she will get 1st degree murder, no DP.

I've been following this horrible case and have a few thoughts on how it may have played out. I do think she went with the intention of getting him to commit to her and not taking the other girl to Cancun or he would die. Her last straw. She stole the gun with this premeditated plan. I do think that she planned his murder to be with the gun, not knife. I think the first assault on him was with the gun as he sat in the shower. The last known pic of him alive shows the right side of his body facing the shower door. I think she opened the door and fired down onto him. The bullet entered through his right eyebrow and lodged into his left cheek. He likely turned his head away as he saw what was coming. I don't think she would have been confident/brave or powerful enough to make her first assault with a knife. The gun was the plan. I think he got out of the shower and struggled to the to the sink to see the damage she had done. He would have been bleeding profusely and the "splatter" we see could be from coughing blood or arterial bleeding from the GSW. I recall in her story of the "intruders" where a gun was pointed at her and it didn't go off. A little truth in every lie? Perhaps she tried firing at him again and the gun wouldn't fire so she ran and got the knife and began stabbing him from behind while he was at the sink. He tried to escape her and as he turned, the heart stab came. Then lastly she slit his throat. I just have a hard time believing she would try to stab him first when she had the gun plan in advance and the fact that it would be very risky for her to use the knife first on such a large and strong man. She disabled him with the gun and finished with the knife out of necessity, because she couldn't get the gun to work after the first shot which didn't kill him as intended.
JMO/theory

ohhh, I LIKE this theory. I mentioned I haven't been following this case very closely but did they ever find the gun? I thought they didn't. In any case, if it's not disproved by the actual gun itself (no bullets left/fires perfectly) it makes a lot of sense. As you say, a little truth in every lie. She was probably like "wth?!" if the gun didn't go off on the second shot and that certainly would have stuck strongly in her mind since it would have been "so easy" if the gun had just fired again. On the other hand, follow-up panicked stabbing makes sense, but the throat slitting (gah!) not so much, to me at least.

Hi, GobBluth, blood does not adhere to all objects equally and I see no reason why the metallic shell casing (which is not a bullet) should necessarily have any blood on it at all in the wettest room in the house. The blood "river" on which the bullet case now rests flowed strongly; it might have slightly and briefly lifted the relatively light shell-casing.

The original police report said that the gun was used before the knife. It might be that explaining the downward angle of the shot as a late wound might simplify the prosecution case.

All I have to say after reading about this case is, she better come up with something better than the self-defense defense. Twenty-seven stab wounds with ten being in his back, does not make self defense a plausible or possible defense. Throw in the GSW and the cutting of his throat, and we have crossed into overkill. JA is obviously not the brightest bulb on the strand.

JMO, IMO, :moo: , and all other disclaimers.

JMO/theory

Great theory.

I believe the opening statement was that TA was stabbed in the heart first, stabbed repeatedly and the gunshot was done last. Since the prosecution has the medical reports sadly I think they know exactly how it happened. All the stabbing and cutting appears to have been done outside the shower. The photo shows her dragging him over to the shower where he was found. It appears he was not attacked in the shower. jmo

jmo but the descriptors of a horrific AND evil murder are exactly what IMO makes it death penalty worthy...

not to mention cold blooded, calculating, methodically planning even to the extent of having staged a robbery of her home A WEEK PRIOR TO THE MURDER to claim one of the murder weapons(.25 caliber handgun) was "stolen from her home"..moo clearly indicating a great deal of prior thought and premeditation..

quite obvious Travis Alexander's family disagrees wholeheartedly that this cold blooded slaughtering of their family member IS NOT death penalty worthy..
I agree and IMO what you stated about her "staging a robbery of the gun" is pretty much proof she had intended to kill him no matter what.

Which really does not make much sense, it takes longer to either format or multi-delete pics from a memory card than simply removing the card itself.

I think it comes down to plans vs thoughts. I really do not think Jodi had a plan and if so it was one that was terribly executed. Everyone has thoughts, random, silly or otherwise. A man wearing a toupee, taking it off and throwing it, not one of my thoughts but just an example. Not everyone acts on their thoughts, most do not.

Jodie's thought process I am sure was far more peculiar, strange and odd compared to most. I do not see much of a plan, more-so acting out on bizarre thoughts. Seriously who has an afternoon delight after sleeping in and then decides now is the time I am going to commit the murder I planned some twelve hours later.

I think JA became enraged after all that "afternoon delight" he still would not cancel his plans with another woman to go on vacation. She gives it her best shot(no pun intended) with all the sex and he STILL won't change his mind. She has to face how "used" she was and her sex, which I beleive was her power base, failed. But I think she knew deep down what he felt about her and she planned to kill him if things did not go her way..which is why she brought the gun.

I can't beleive that a jury will buy the abuse aspect. What abused woman, financially independent, not legally bound, with no children ,living out of state...would drive back to the abuser's home and reconnect??

I mean no insult to the victim in saying this but why is everyone trying to
scrub him clean and roll him in sugar? He clearly used this woman for sex and
did not want the world to know that so he projected everything on her. He probably said a lot of " big man" things about her wanting him so bad and him telling her to go away but when they were on the phone or in bed
he said what he had to in order to keep her coming back. All of that being said,
that doesn't mean that he deserved to die. We don't have to claim
that she broke into his computer to send herself mean messages. He probably
did some truly imperfect things. Those things do not have to be hidden for him to be a victim and for her actions to be unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member