JonBenet's Skull Fractures: The Weapon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, otg.
I’ll work on that. Problem is, I’m not so computer savvy. I am going to try something else first, though.

I took the pictures with my phone, then sent them to my email. I thought I would be able to copy them here from one or the other, but I’m just too ignorant in that field. I tried to save them to my computer from my email, but now I can’t find them. I would think it was hilarious if it wasn’t so frustrating.
I’ll have to try to find the file (again) before I can try your advice.

Thanks, help is always appreciated. The pictures aren’t so great anyway, but you never know what little, unexpected clue could lead to something bigger.

I'm going to try to edit one to this post.

From your email you should still be able to export the images to a website. Go to the top toolbar to the "file" and look at the dropdown to see your options to export.

I was just reading the autopsy report. I did not know that JB had on a gold necklace with a cross,. a gold ring on middle finger of rt. hand, and a gold bracelet with her name on it on her rt wrist. If she resisted at all, could any do her jewelry cause many of the marks on her?
I counted the undies listed in the warrants. I get a total of 24 pair. Some said girls underwear, and some just said underwear, so they must have had some all family members.A medical examiner from Illinois viewed the autopsy and said her death showed great emotional involvement, and that someone really hated JB, and had a strong desire to be rid of her. That sounds like BR, but would a jealous Brother go this far?
There was green material in JB's hair. Linda Arndt said it was consistent with the garland on the spiral staircase.

From your email you should still be able to export the images to a website. Go to the top toolbar to the "file" and look at the dropdown to see your options to export.

Sorry, DeeDee, but I just don't see it. I don't see "file" at all. I know it's me.

Thanks.

As far as weapons- in the bathroom I can see PR cleaning up JB and a fight ensues. JB's head gets slammed on the bathtub spigot. The one in my bathtub is a curved cylindrical shape of approx size of the measurements otg calculated earlier in this thread.

8368664712_b9622afdda_m.jpg

Holy cow, I don't know how that happened.

DeeDee, I finally found the 'file' - it was hidden, and after some searching, came across it (ok, with the help of my daughter).

Thanks to you guys for trying to walk me through something that I'm too lame to stumble through.

That is really interesting, M. James. I wonder if you have some free time if you can try out a few other things around the house/kitchen and see what imprints they make.

That is really interesting, M. James. I wonder if you have some free time if you can try out a few other things around the house/kitchen and see what imprints they make.

Hi, deca.

I kind of got ahead of myself by scanning through this thread. I figured (from the title) if otg’s weapon fit like a glove (but not OJ’s), then that would allow me shortcuts. That’s a benefit of coming late to the game.
And, I’m one who would rather look at pictures than read, so I found his pictures interesting.

But, I got caught in the sidelines after realizing otg hadn’t yet named his weapon. Although I don’t feel as I’m ready to make suggestions as what the weapon might have been, I also find it interesting to try to fit that shape. So, yes, if I found something around here that I thought would fit, I’d certainly take time to try. It might be hopeless for me to ‘accidentally’ post a picture again, though.

Thank you.

JonBenet was most likely struck with the elbow of a solid metal prying tool, such as a tire iron or crowbar.

type-simple-machine-crow-bar-800x800.jpg

crowbar.jpg

Stupid question but medical procedures are not my strong point: I thought that during autopsies only the brain was removed. Yet I saw the picture of JB's skull. So was her entire skull removed and then inserted (?) back in for burial? I don't know how this works and its bugging me.

Stupid question but medical procedures are not my strong point: I thought that during autopsies only the brain was removed. Yet I saw the picture of JB's skull. So was her entire skull removed and then inserted (?) back in for burial? I don't know how this works and its bugging me.

yes-- the top of the skull (aka skull cap) is removed which then allows access to the brain

http://science.howstuffworks.com/autopsy5.htm

( welcome to WS and the JBR forum, btw :D )

The indentation on the bone also seems to be a pretty good match for the family's mag-light flashlight, the one that had ALL of the fingerprints removed from the exterior as well as from the batteries inside of it.

The indentation on the bone also seems to be a pretty good match for the family's mag-light flashlight, the one that had ALL of the fingerprints removed from the exterior as well as from the batteries inside of it.

Have you seen the autopsy photo? There is a lot more than just an indentation. There is a plug of bone knocked out and an eight inch fissure across the cranium.

There is no way that this devastation was caused by a flashlight, let alone by a flashlight struck during a snap of parental rage over a bed-wetting incident.

Have you seen the autopsy photo? There is a lot more than just an indentation. There is a plug of bone knocked out and an eight inch fissure across the cranium.

There is no way that this devastation was caused by a flashlight, let alone by a flashlight struck during a snap of parental rage over a bed-wetting incident.

No way are you familiar with a Maglite brand flashlight. This is not some 1/2 lb. plastic job. Maglites are EXTREMELY heavy and durable. All LE here in the states carry them, although I wouldn't expect you to know that. There are a number of incidents where LE has put a perp in the hospital using nothing more than their Maglite.

I have seen one left under the hood of a truck, turned on and forgotten. Then a mile or so down the highway a big thump, look back, and there's the Maglite rolling down the road, STILL LIT!

I've had personal experience with a Maglite to the head. I bent over to pick something up and in the process hit my forehead on a Maglite that was on a shelf. In the end I required plastic surgery to remove a large hematoma. That was just from hitting my head on it, not from it being swung at me. Whether or not the Maglite was the weapon used in this case, there is no question that swinging a 4, 5, or 6 cell Maglite at someones head could bash their skull in.

That won't be necessary. The evidence speaks for itself.

There was a mag flashlight found in the home wiped clean of prints. Including the batteries.

No where was there a tire iron.

You are pulling the tire iron out of mid air. Not one dr has ever suggested it was a tire iron.

There was a mag flashlight found in the home wiped clean of prints. Including the batteries.

No where was there a tire iron.

You are pulling the tire iron out of mid air. Not one dr has ever suggested it was a tire iron.

I might imagine that the intruders put the tire iron or crowbar back in their burglary kit, perhaps along with the duct tape, and the cord, and whatever other burglary tools they brought with them that evening.

These intruders were apparently very careful not to leave behind a lot of forensic evidence that could be traced back to them, just as surely as they were apparently very careful about making absolutely certain that JonBenet was dead. It would have been odd for them to have not taken the crowbar with them when they left.

No way are you familiar with a Maglite brand flashlight. This is not some 1/2 lb. plastic job. Maglites are EXTREMELY heavy and durable. All LE here in the states carry them, although I wouldn't expect you to know that. There are a number of incidents where LE has put a perp in the hospital using nothing more than their Maglite.

I have seen one left under the hood of a truck, turned on and forgotten. Then a mile or so down the highway a big thump, look back, and there's the Maglite rolling down the road, STILL LIT!

I've had personal experience with a Maglite to the head. I bent over to pick something up and in the process hit my forehead on a Maglite that was on a shelf. In the end I required plastic surgery to remove a large hematoma. That was just from hitting my head on it, not from it being swung at me. Whether or not the Maglite was the weapon used in this case, there is no question that swinging a 4, 5, or 6 cell Maglite at someones head could bash their skull in.

Now go ahead and make the snide remarks I know are coming about my experience.

I have a Maglite too. You could EASILY kill someone by hitting them over the head with it and leave a large skull fracture with a plug of bone missing.

Thank you for the welcome :)

Maybe I was looking at the picture from ACR wrong. It looks like a picture of the entire skull and not just the skull cap.

yw :)

when i first saw the skull i was confused too... the front of her skull that sits over her eyes is towards the right of the picture of her skull (which i won't re-post here)... the fracture leads from about just above her right ear along the right side of her skull with the displaced fragment towards the back of the skull.

here is a pic of a model of a skull... the skull cap would be the section above the dark line that encircles the skull:

A21_01_Numbered-Human-Classic-Skull-Model-3-part.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV