Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To those who agree with the lawyers comments -- my rebuttal to "if they had evidence, why haven't they charged her"? is that LE probably has enough to charge Casey for kidnapping and/or murder, but are hoping that if she is out, she'll lead them to Caylee's body.

To those who agree with the lawyers comments -- my rebuttal to "if they had evidence, why haven't they charged her"? is that LE probably has enough to charge Casey for kidnapping and/or murder, but are hoping that if she is out, she'll lead them to Caylee's body.

Sorry - my comment above was not very clear.

I'm saying there is at least one reason that LE could have all of the evidence they need to charge her but are not: they are waiting for Casey to lead them to a body. If they already know she did it, there would not be harm in waiting.

Sorry - my comment above was not very clear.

I'm saying there is at least one reason that LE could have all of the evidence they need to charge her but are not: they are waiting for Casey to lead them to a body. If they already know she did it, there would not be harm in waiting.

i understand what you are saying, but HOW can she lead them to a body? She is on HOUSE ARREST...the only places she is allowed to go are very limited, atty. church, meeting with compliance officer at jail. If i'm incorrect please let me know, but this is how i last understood the terms of her bond.

i understand what you are saying, but HOW can she lead them to a body? She is on HOUSE ARREST...the only places she is allowed to go are very limited, atty. church, meeting with compliance officer at jail. If i'm incorrect please let me know, but this is how i last understood the terms of her bond.

the "house" she has to stay at is most likely the scene of the crime anyway - maybe keeping her there is a tactic. via a friend or family member, a conversation, email, text message... much more of a chance she would do something incriminating or reveal something around her friends and family than in a jail cell.

How? She simply calls the OCSO or specifically calls any of the lead detectives (Melich, Wells, or Allen)--or has her attorney Baez call--and tells them she wants to lead them to where Caylee's body is, and they come to the Anthony house, get her, and drive to the site. This is the very thing they have been waiting for.

She'll be with LE and her compliance officer isn't going to stand in the way and say "Hey, you broke house arrest!" In fact, the moment she leads them to the body, Casey will be arrested for murder and house arrest won't be an issue any more. There will be no house arrest from that point on; she'll be in jail until her trial for murder.

Evidence is only evidence in a court of law!! Leaks are not evidence...if LE had anything they wouldn't be playing these games...and that's just what all these economic crime arrests are...games!

So...you don't think she should have to face the responsibility of the laws she has broken? That's not a game.

LOL!

What I just heard was "blah, blah, blah, intimidation, blah, blah, blah, economic crimes, blah, blah, blah, smoke screen, blah, blah, blah, gotta earn my billable hours."

Perhaps if the nation had a collective IQ less than 70 he could pass this "press conference" off as something substantive.

He just got done saying "they should turn over the evidence." HOWEVER, he did just get done saying that they haven't filed other charges, so he insinuates that she must not have done anything. Let's talk out of both sides of our mouth! Note to Baez: the state CAN FILE IN WHATEVER TIMELINE THEY WANT.

Go cry in your cheerios, bud.

LOVED THIS :) "Way to go winner!"

Here's a perfect example of the hatred that's grown for Casey Anthony www.helpfrycasey.com Disclaimer: I disagree with the way this woman has tried and convicted KC but, I gotta hand it to her...she's got conviction.

I've also copied a satire from www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i40741#this
that is clearly marked within in the piece as fictitious. I found it quite funny and especially liked the thinking on JB pants.

Super lawyer and hard hitting TV attorney Nancy Grace has offered to 'punch out' the mother of missing Orlando tot Caylee Anthony herself after she was released from jail Tuesday, mere hours after appearing in court on new charges unrelated to the little girl's disappearance.

Grace, the feisty prosecutor and one of my personal Top 10 Babes of all time, based not only on looks but sheer balls, says she will drive to Orlando herself and 'knock the crap' out of Casey Anthony, 22. Unfortunately the spanking will have come 20 years too late.

Casey Athtony's attorney Jose Baez, who will do anything for publicity, claims he would like to organize a PPV cat fight between the two women. Baez, who is desperately trying to get into Casey's pants before she is sent away for a long time says he and Casey are enjoying the media spotlight - and will milk it as much as they can until, well, they can.

"Maybe if someone had opened a can of whoop *advertiser censored* on this woman a few years ago we wouldn't be where we are now" said Grace as she prepared to drive down to Orlando. Rolling up her sleeves and tying her hair back she menacingly said "I'm coming for you ...I'm coming!"

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious

Congradulations Mr. Baez. You have made a name for yourself by taking on the Casey Anthony case. Unfortunately for you, it is a bad name. You are now costantly critiqued by expert and veteran defense attorneys on national news programs. These veteran attorneys are saying your defense tactics a mockery and laughable. You are now unliked by the majority of public. Additionally, you have publically insulted the State of Florida, The FBI, and the Orange County Sheriff department. Way to go, winner!

**At this point, I wouldn't want your help for a traffic ticket****

</p>
Karen, they are not &quot;fooling around&quot; with the bad check charges...these CRIMES were commited, and the evidence points towards Casey, who is also a suspect/PO in the disappearance and quite possibly murder of her daughter!!Were they not supposed to charge her with these crimes??? And in doing so and getting the monitoring device in place, keeps her from being a flight risk for crying out loud. This child needs to be found by whatever means possible.</p>

JustJax, since JB's all about not wasting the taxpayers money, I thought his negating the fact these are chargeable crimes is a contradiction. Is he suggesting taxpayers pay the bill for the $ KC stole. Hey, why don't we do that for everyone who's a delinquent. What a la-hoo-sa-her! (JB I mean of course).

I know that defense atty's have a job to do... I am not sure how some of them live with themselves. It seems like they almost become caught up in the fantasy of their jobs as becoming the truth...

Evidence is only evidence in a court of law!! Leaks are not evidence...if LE had anything they wouldn't be playing these games...and that's just what all these economic crime arrests are...games!

Tiffertots, who is supposed to pay for the money she stole. It shouldn't fall on taxpayers. And, it's illegal for LE to withhold a charge if they have the evidence for that charge. So with that, once they have the evidence that a crime was committed they must, by law charge. This didn't just happen once...there are 10+ economic crimes that were committed which likely take time to investigate.

the "house" she has to stay at is most likely the scene of the crime anyway - maybe keeping her there is a tactic. via a friend or family member, a conversation, email, text message... much more of a chance she would do something incriminating or reveal something around her friends and family than in a jail cell.

How? She simply calls the OCSO or specifically calls any of the lead detectives (Melich, Wells, or Allen)--or has her attorney Baez call--and tells them she wants to lead them to where Caylee's body is, and they come to the Anthony house, get her, and drive to the site. This is the very thing they have been waiting for.

She'll be with LE and her compliance officer isn't going to stand in the way and say "Hey, you broke house arrest!" In fact, the moment she leads them to the body, Casey will be arrested for murder and house arrest won't be an issue any more. There will be no house arrest from that point on; she'll be in jail until her trial for murder.

And...I don't think media's "leaked" KC's voicebox has been stolen!!! House arrest is not a factor.

How could she do that under house arrest IF she knew where the body is? She has to have permission to go anywhere.

How could she do that under house arrest IF she knew where the body is? She has to have permission to go anywhere.

I am 100% SURE her Home Confinement Officer and LE would give her permission to leave the house if she wanted to lead them to Caylee.

I'm assuming they think she'll slip up on the net, or to a person when JB isn't around. Assuming the house is bugged, internet watched etc.

She could tell them and they can retreive Caylee. Casey will never tell the truth.

I feel as if LE do have enough evidence now to charge her with murder, if they wanted to. I believe they want Caylee's body to ensure those charges stick.

The biggest clue is Caylee is no where to be found. Then they have the decomposing body in her trunk along with the hair from Caylee which proved it came from a dead Caylee. Then there's the choloroform, what the hell did she need cholorform for and where did she get it? Then of course, all those lies, no employment, no nanny, etc..

No. Too many inconsistencies with Casey. I think they can charge her now w/o Caylee's body. They want to find Caylee so the charges will definately stick. That's what's holding them back. I think they have enough evidence to proceed now.

Right now they know they can bring a first degree murder charge, but they are worried that they will only be able to get her convicted on intentional negligent manslaughter. To get the first degree murder conviction they need to show that there was intent to commit murder, or that the murder was committed during the commission of a felony. It will be hard to show it was first degree murder without a body and even with a body. They need to show that there was intent to kill, or that there was some type of behavior that Casey was involved in that had such a disregard for human life that a reaasonable person would believe it was likely to result in death.
It will be hard for them to show the intent as they have no witnesses who saw her hurt Caylee, and they have circumstantial evidence that she did not want to have a child ect. But they may not have enough to show that she intended to kill her. They are afraid that they will go to trial and that the judge will give the jury instructions that if they do not believe there is intent to murder they can convict her of intentional negligent murder. ie. they uses this in cases where a child is left in a hot car and dies and the mother was negligent in putting her there.
They probably dont want intentional negligent manslaughter as the penalties are much lesser. They figure that with the additional charges she faces if that is all that she gets, that at least she will be in jail a long time if she is found guilty on the others too.
LE has not been actively searching for a body. The reason is that they dont really know where to look. The only clue they have are the pings from her phone and those areas to search are large.
They also know that it is very hard to prove intentional murder when it involves a child as most children are not killed by gunshot or stabbing. So it is hard to show how a child died especially if it is strangulation or smothering.
They also know that by now Caylee is a skeleton and that all the tissues are gone and they are not going to know cause of death if they find her now.
I think they will charge her with murder over the next few days or early next week without a body and hope they can get a murder conviction but realize it is more likely they will get intentional negligent manslaughter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back