Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personally between this guy and Joel Brodsky I am starting to think it may be more than a coincidence .. the level of intelligence and job performance in attorneys who share the initials JB.

Okay, wait a minute. With all due respect to JB, a few things he said seemed to lead in circles.

First of all, he said there's no evidence that he's seen. Is there any reason LE would have to turn over the evidence to him before KC is officially charged?

The other thing is the poisoning of the jury pool. Now, if there's no evidence and he doesn't feel there's a case, why is he worried about a jury pool? In order to bring charges, doesn't LE have to have reasonable cause? Isn't this stuff reviewed by a judge before any murder charges are filed?

Finally, what about the check charges? If this had happened to someone without the added complication of the missing child, would all of the fraud/check charges been brought at one time? If so, isn't there some avenue he can pursue as far as harassment of his client if he really believes she's being harassed and intimidated?

(Sorry, I spent 10 years as a legal assistant but it was mostly wills and real estate, so I don't remember what I learned in school about criminal defense because it was only briefly touched upon.)

The term Missing child was used as an excuse for KC to spend long hours with him in the office. <hmm> Pass the cheese with that whine.

He is just trying to rush LE into pressing charges when they are not ready. The "nonsense" JB cries out about would be humerous if this was not such a serious matter. His client is a thief, liar and possibly a killer. He needs to keep his mouth shut about what justice is about and explain that to "his prescious client." The constitution is working....she has admittedly lied about every aspect of her missing child and she has stollen significant money from several people including her family and friends. The legal system has arrested her as it is their right to do so for these crimes. I absolutely do think she is a flight risk. Who is he kidding? I don't buy any of what he is dishing out.

I hate to say it but I do believe LE and Baez in return is playing games. All at the expense of Caylee. I think Baez has a point. LE needs to do something or get off the pot as they say. Stringing this out. IF Casey isn't talking, AND she didn't tell anyone what she did (other than her parents that aren't going to talk either) and no one saw her do anything AND they have gotten all the evidence they can get, they need to arrest her or give up this charade. She isn't ever going to tell them anything. Baez would be shirking his duty and be disbarred if he was to do anything to help with a conviction.

If they really have all the evidence they claim they have, I have seen people convicted on far less. This game needs to stop. It actually angers me that they arrest her for these petty crimes. Bring all the charges on that and get moving.

I dont care what tactics, scare or not, that LE uses to try and get Casey to talk. I really think they have enough to arrest her but they are using other methods to try and find what Casey has done with Caylee's body. Once they arrest her for murder, their chances of getting her to talk are zero.

This attorney may be "doing his job," but he is living in Fantasyland. His client is a liar....she has lied about her job, her friends, her babysitter. His client is unlikable....she partied while her child was missing, she stayed at her boyfriend's apartment instead of reporting her child "kidnapped." His client is a thief.....she has stolen from her friends, she has stolen from her family. Perhaps he believes her lies but I just can't imagine that. She has told so many different stories. Does he really believe that Casey was held down on the floor while the nanny and her sister took her child, while leaving her a "script" to follow in subsequent days? Who on God's green earth would believe that?

"LE doesn't scare me!" sounds like a teenager who is spoiled rotten. Wake up, Baez! What does LE have to gain by going after your client? Just a last minute shot at finding out what happened to Casey's baby. Let me ask you Jose....what have you been doing to find that child? I know the answer....absolutely nothing.

Fox on National just did a tease about this case and said it's coming on,

Most high-profile case attorneys have a certain smoothness when they address the press - they know they could well be dealing with the media and law enforcement on their next case, and they choose their words carefully.

Jose is pretty green when it comes to public speaking. He lacks the gravitas of more experienced counsel, he fails miserably at acting comfortable in front of a microphone, and has made a peculiar error in choosing probably the single worst public relations spokesperson in the country (Todd 'flunked English' Black).

With each new misstep, he's systematically blowing the career-making opportunity of a lifetime.

Somewhere, I hope little Caylee is smiling.

Poor, poor Joez!! Sounds to me like Baez is upset because he can't get his hands on the forensic evidence yet and is trying to use the media to put pressure on the State. Just doesn't work that way! I think if he had said the word "intimidated" one more time I was gonna barf! The only person playing games is Casey IMO.

Exactly, the DA will prosecute these economic crimes. She will get several months of jail time & many years of probation. Then just one slip up and she is back in prison.
All the while the police take their time building an air-tight case against Casey.

no doubt the trial will be moved to another jurisdiction, but when it does happen and it is beyond a doubt, then Casey wil a brick when she sees it !

When you see Baez and Casey on tv together, do they seem somewhat "closer" than most attorney and clients ? The hours and hours at his office many days? Is she his only client? Maybe Casey should be set down and told that she needs to cooperate with LE and not CONCENTRATE so much on JB. Cause at the end of the day ( or rather trial) no matter what the outcome, JB will be going home to his barcalounger , family and friends. Casey is not guaranteed the same, she needs to give that some thought.

JB has a touch of narcissism, too. A lot of what he says is really about him.

So he is saying that LE is playing games huh? Well he is right, that isn't a lie. However, he failed to mention that the game is Casey's. LE played along with the employment of Casey and even took her to place of employment. They played along with the Nanny story and tried to find her. He also failed to mention that it was while they were playing Casey's game that they came across the fraudulent check charges. He also hasn't mentioned that he, JB, himself is playing games. His game is in the smoke and mirrors and the half truths that he uses to try to protect his client.

Is LE playing games? Heck yeah, but it is a game that was started by his client, a game that they are all playing.

The guided tour.....The Anthony's World......
Tour Guide ....Casey Anthony..

Jose sounded very nervous....IMO

I truly think that he has lost his mind. Doesn't he remember that all this was started by his client jerking LE around?
When things are dying down and one of these people is missing the limelight they hold a press conference. What he fails to realize is that we aren't buying the bologna.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back