Jose Baez to read Casey Anthony's Statement regarding her daughter's memorial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By JB calling this press conference and delivering this statement, it seems as though JB wants KCs #1 public enemy status to rise to even loftier heights.

Or is he setting himself up to be gracefully exited from the throne?

I agree, his incompetence is staggering. I wish the FLA Bar would remove him from this case. moo

is it time for the cindy show yet? will she be wearing a vera wang outfit? maybe donna karan. this fiasco is definitely not about Caylee. LP and RG are disgusting, as well. it's not about Caylee there, either. i have lost count of the number of ways this little girl has been used for capitalization. get this day over with and may she finally FINALLY rest in peace. i doubt it, though. what a completely and utterly selfish family.

The word LOVE what was shown in the local papers and the way Baez said it on the live presser. I listened to it several times didn't really make a lot of sense to me.

"I love my parents to be in charge...."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18671180/detail.html

I had difficulty with this word as well. I listened a few times and it sounded like he read "loved" even though I had seen the transcript's "allowed." I think something caught in his throat as he read it. A bug maybe...or Jose was so frushtrated...

I heard there was going to be a duel to the death at dawn and the chosen weapon was 'spite'. Odds on favorite is KC. She already took out Caylee and nearly GA.
Ha! Spite sabers at dawn...stainless steel dinner knives.

I can see her threatening him to do it but honestly to me he seemed more annoyed at the background noise (cars--honking) then unwilling or embarrassed to read the statement.
Yeah, That was crazy...my dog started barking everytime a car horn sounded.

FGS, why did he do this presser in what looks like the middle of a freeway? Every time a horn honked he jumped a little and I laughed.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Several thoughts crossed my mind after hearing Casey's statement. Her protests about the cremation and the public ceremony were unnecessary. This leads me to believe there was a purpose in complaining about those two things.

(1) Cremation. I wonder whether the state didn't detect something she knew should be there and she and Jose decided cremation would preclude them from further testing for it. If the state later puts two and two together, they can't exhume...and it won't be Casey's fault since her parents supposedly went against her wishes and had Caylee cremated.

(2) She complains that she wanted a private ceremony so that when loving, smiling pics of Casey and Caylee are shown tomorrow, it appears as if she wanted no part of it, that it was all her mom's idea. It's a good way to testify without testifying -- get someone else to display positive, endearing photos to a church of 5,000 and thousands more nationwide during the service. Great PR for the defense, as you said.

Cindy and George have said they support Casey no matter what. So I don't believe they are in any way trying to stick it to Casey with the cremation or service. In fact, I think just the opposite. I believe they likely are in agreement to appear to "disagree" publicly. Everything Cindy does (with the exception of the initial 911 call) seems to be for the benefit of Casey's defense.

I hate to be so cynical, but Cindy's previous actions have led me to believe she would do such a thing. I hope I'm wrong. I hope there is not even the first mention or a single photo of Casey displayed tomorrow.

This memorial is being televised live all over the country and all over the world on internet. This IMO has put the final nail in the change of venue coffin. Maybe this is the reason behind the statement.

FGS, why did he do this presser in what looks like the middle of a freeway? Every time a horn honked he jumped a little and I laughed.
I'm wondering where the presser was held as well. It appeared to be next to a subdivision. I'm hoping he did not set this up outside of the church...

I hope not but I think this is a show for Cindy to be in
the spotlight one more time and have control of things.
I hope it's for Caylee only and not all about Cindy.
Also I think other people such as LP ect. should be set
aside and think about Caylee today ...Note: Others didn't
start this mess Casey killed her daughter and Cindy George
and Lee know what happen if not all enough to know she did it.

They have used a lot of crowd supression.
Announcing huge numbers to attend.
Lots of security.

Media helped by speculating circus atmosphere.

They have used a lot of crowd supression.
Announcing huge numbers to attend.
Lots of security.

Media helped by speculating circus atmosphere.
As we saw, not so much.

There was no circus atmosphere. There was also no overflow crowd - someone reported that NG is saying 1100 attendees. That would mean the church was about a quarter full. Don't remember seeing wide shots showing all the empty seats, but then I kept flipping channels so didn't see the whole thing.

WHY didn't he read what Casey wrote at the actual Memorial at the Church???
While Casey was not allowed out of Jail and was not there he could have represented her at the actual Memorial.
Anybody know why he did not do that?

Baez gave a statement as he was leaving the jail. Later on the reporter stated that Baez said there is no conflict between his client and her parents. Interesting since he is the one who read the letter yesterday.

WHY didn't he read what Casey wrote at the actual Memorial at the Church???
While Casey was not allowed out of Jail and was not there he could have represented her at the actual Memorial.
Anybody know why he did not do that?

I've been wondering if Baez is on "The List".

I hope not but I think this is a show for Cindy to be in
the spotlight one more time and have control of things.
I hope it's for Caylee only and not all about Cindy.
Also I think other people such as LP ect. should be set
aside and think about Caylee today ...Note: Others didn't
start this mess Casey killed her daughter and Cindy George
and Lee know what happen if not all enough to know she did it.

Originally the family wanted a very privet memorial, and the public was outraged by that and wanted a public farewell.
I do not think this was a Cindy show at all, I think she did not want any more screaming crowds and did whatever they did want her to do.
I am really offended by all the HATE the Anthony's posts.
I think it is not just, those poor people are going through much more then any of us will ever know. :(

I think the tone that JB read her statement in, is not the tone that she wrote it in. I can see her shaking her fists and yelling, spewing venom, making faces and pointing her finger while saying I LET MY PARENTS BE IN CHARGE, I DID NOT WANT A PUBLIC CEREMONY. I don't believe it was a diplomatic as JB presented it.

I think JB was upset having to read that statement. I think he might had advised her otherwise and she didn't listen. With this statement she just nail another gulity vote.

Originally the family wanted a very privet memorial, and the public was outraged by that and wanted a public farewell.
I do not think this was a Cindy show at all, I think she did not want any more screaming crowds and did whatever they did want her to do.
I am really offended by all the HATE the Anthony's posts.
I think it is not just, those poor people are going through much more then any of us will ever know. :(

Agreed.

Yes, they are a grossly disfunctional family from way before Caylee was born, and yes Cindy is a control freak who lacks a certain degree of charisma. But above and beyond that none of us could imagine the horror that they are living through. They have obviously lived with a monster in their midst for a long long time, and it finally did the absolutely unthinkable. I don't know if there is any way to ever mentally recover from what they have been through. And the hordes of reporters and public attention probably doesn't help. On this day I will give them a pass on almost anything if it will help them grieve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back