Jose Baez to read Casey Anthony's Statement regarding her daughter's memorial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, now that makes sense whereas the other way looked like really poor grammar.

It does seem arrogant though to use statements like "I allowed" and "I told".

"We" are family. "I" am the CEO boss.

Casey was mad about the Chili on August 9th, so this has to be infuriating her..... she would not have spoken if she wasn't thoroughly pissed.

Another get-together she is missing...the memorial and it public viewing is annoying her and I am grateful for that.... :violin:

It does seem arrogant though to use statements like "I allowed" and "I told".

"We" are family. "I" am the CEO boss.

I guess George was wrong though :p by the statement read by Baez Casey is indeed not the CEO :p because Caylee was cremated and not put in a coffin and buried and The Anthony family is having a massive memorial. Which is as stated by Baez for his client Not her wishes

her statements make me wonder if she knows CA never plans on burying Caylee's remains. They could just keep her ashes (if she were in fact cremated) in an urn at the home. It's not that uncommon, and I can see CA not wanting to let go of Caylee.

ITA I think this is why Casey is so mad. She doesn't want Cindy to have Caylee.

JB reading a statement from KC - maybe she wrote it maybe they wrote it together maybe LKB wrote it - I don't know but IMO it was public relations event. KC via JB got to make a statement about how much she misses Caylee. KC via JB got to appear motherly and family-like with the private service comment. As horrible as it sounds, with Caylee's Memorial tomorrow, it's still all about the upcoming trial and reasonable doubt IMO

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Several thoughts crossed my mind after hearing Casey's statement. Her protests about the cremation and the public ceremony were unnecessary. This leads me to believe there was a purpose in complaining about those two things.

(1) Cremation. I wonder whether the state didn't detect something she knew should be there and she and Jose decided cremation would preclude them from further testing for it. If the state later puts two and two together, they can't exhume...and it won't be Casey's fault since her parents supposedly went against her wishes and had Caylee cremated.

(2) She complains that she wanted a private ceremony so that when loving, smiling pics of Casey and Caylee are shown tomorrow, it appears as if she wanted no part of it, that it was all her mom's idea. It's a good way to testify without testifying -- get someone else to display positive, endearing photos to a church of 5,000 and thousands more nationwide during the service. Great PR for the defense, as you said.

Cindy and George have said they support Casey no matter what. So I don't believe they are in any way trying to stick it to Casey with the cremation or service. In fact, I think just the opposite. I believe they likely are in agreement to appear to "disagree" publicly. Everything Cindy does (with the exception of the initial 911 call) seems to be for the benefit of Casey's defense.

I hate to be so cynical, but Cindy's previous actions have led me to believe she would do such a thing. I hope I'm wrong. I hope there is not even the first mention or a single photo of Casey displayed tomorrow.

I could just hear that little snot's voice when Baez was reading that statement using that same tone she had with her mom in the August jail house tape. And she let it be know she thinks she will be able to visit Caylee's grave. Ugh! That whole statement just reeked of hatred for her mom in my opinion.

The last thing KC needs is to play up the hatred for her mom cos that's what LE focused on in all the family, close friends, & even KC's interview..It's obvious LE believe it played some role in the murder so why did KC/JB go there?..It could be as simple as stupidity or maybe they think this twisted relationship can also benefit their side?

Cindy and George have said they support Casey no matter what. So I don't believe they are in any way trying to stick it to Casey with the cremation or service. In fact, I think just the opposite. I believe they likely are in agreement to appear to "disagree" publicly. Everything Cindy does (with the exception of the initial 911 call) seems to be for the benefit of Casey's defense.

I hate to be so cynical, but Cindy's previous actions have led me to believe she would do such a thing. I hope I'm wrong. I hope there is not even the first mention or a single photo of Casey displayed tomorrow.

snipped

I'm with you! I think everything said in that statement was with CA's knowledge & support..IOW!..Something very fishy is going on!

About KCs statement;
1. IMO KC only made that statement about the memorial to once again get back at her parents and focus on herself.
2. I agree the funeral should have been private only.
3. Why didnt KC make more of a statement about Caylee? Or help with the plans herself then?

The funeral will be private.

Tomorrow's event is a memorial to honor Caylee's short life.

I can't blame Cindy for wanting Caylee to have one shining moment of public recognition. Caylee won't ever walk down the aisle, she won't get gold stars for learning to write her name, win a ribbon for being a fast runner or dance in front of a recital.

It would be horrific if Cindy made some sort of reply to Casey at the memorial service. The service is supposed to be strictly about Caylee (it's about time something was strictly about Caylee).

But Cindy lacks self-control and tends to speak her mind whether or not it's the appropriate time or place to do so. I'm so hoping she won't ruin the service by bickering with her daughter through the eulogy! That would be just awful! :sick:

The funeral will be private.

Tomorrow's event is a memorial to honor Caylee's short life.

I can't blame Cindy for wanting Caylee to have one shining moment of public recognition. Caylee won't ever walk down the aisle, she won't get gold stars for learning to write her name, win a ribbon for being a fast runner or dance in front of a recital.

There is supposed to be a private funeral so either they already had it (?) or msnbc is out of the loop :doh:

"Family members of Caylee Anthony will say their final goodbyes to the slain toddler on Tuesday"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29096285/

Maybe they will make a giant diamond solitaire for KC to wear. When she gets out.

KC is about the last person I want to hear complain about her wishes not being carried out. It is a slap at CA and GA, personally, and KC made it public. The worm has turned. Her first and only public statement is to take a crack at her parents who have nearly killed themselves trying to defend her to the public. Is she grateful? No. The first chance she gets, she mocks them. Is she thankful to all of the people who will gather in prayer for her daughter? No.

Maybe she isn't getting any royalties from the funeral video!

I kinda think that the jewelry they were picking out for the funeral are plastic wrist bands that will be on sale tomorrow. Just like the one KC got in her socks. To benefit the CMA Foundation.

JB will not attend. What an *advertiser censored*. He and everyone on KC's defense team should be there. Maybe they should try to get to know the little girl that their client is accused of murdering. They know the family, they have been in their home, they have the daughter's live in their hands, they should show up and sit on the last seat or stand in the last spot. Show respect without gathering attention to themselves and make a donation to Shriner's Hospital. It's all good.

Unless, of course, KC told him not to go. Or CA uninvited him.

By JB calling this press conference and delivering this statement, it seems as though JB wants KCs #1 public enemy status to rise to even loftier heights.

Or is he setting himself up to be gracefully exited from the throne?

There was that rumor about the cremation weeks ago, guess it was true.
This poor excuse for a family could not even come together to agree on how Caylee could be laid to rest. Why were Cindy and George so adamant on cremating Caylee's remains? Maybe because it is so much cheaper than a casket, tombstone and a normal burial?:(

Cremation is what most people are doing these days. You do or can also bury the ashes and have a tombstone. It is as normal a buriel as any. This is what I did with my daughter who was murdered. I didn't want her body buried and so had her cremated, buried, and bought a beautiful headstone with her picture on it. I really don't see what difference it makes anyway. The living part of your loved one isn't there anymore...just the shell that the living part..spirit...lived in. I don't think people make the choice because of cost either. A family has the right to chose the way they want a loved one put to rest without being critized by others. It is really a private choice.

Absolutely agree with you. How dare she throw this on her family when they have to get through tomorrow????? I feel so sick for George and Cindy right now. This statement seems 100% Casey to me - ME,ME,ME... What I want... How I feel... Typical.

What in the world made Casey Anthony think that anyone cares what she wanted? She has no right to make any decisions about any service for Caylee.
If she doesn't know by now how the public feels about her then she never will. She's better off to just sit in her cell and be quiet.

Like anyone cares if Baez attends the memorial or not! His name is probably on the list anyway. As for the private ceremony why in the world would he attend? I would think that only family and close friends would attend it....people who really knew and loved little Caylee.

There was that rumor about the cremation weeks ago, guess it was true.
This poor excuse for a family could not even come together to agree on how Caylee could be laid to rest. Why were Cindy and George so adamant on cremating Caylee's remains? Maybe because it is so much cheaper than a casket, tombstone and a normal burial?:(

I have just now started to read this thread but I wanted to comment.
I'm happy that the Anthony's did what they wanted to do in regards
to Caylee.
I think it's funny that Casey had no say so at all!
Also... not sure about Florida but where I live it actually cost more
for cremation!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela