Josh Duggar Charged With Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material *Guilty* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just a reminder to not research the title mentioned in the recent article. You can’t unread the description.
It is horrific. I knew that these things existed, but had never really been interested or exposed to this type of criminal activity. This trial has been an education for me, that children are at risk and used for this type of CSAM. It is beyond cruelty. And I can't imagine what type of physical and psychological effects these children have to deal with for the rest of their lives. That Josh had over 600 different CSAM pictures/videos on his computer, and the types of things he searched for, is absolutely repugnant.

No wonder his family doesn't want to accept that he did these things. It would be an immense cognitive dissonance to Separate "Josh" the son, husband, sibling, father, from the monster who searches, seeks, and thinks CSAM is a hobby or whatever we call it...an addiction? Compulsion?

I know a lot of people who are or have been incarcerated. The scope of their power to manipulate people is epic. Lying comes as easy to them as telling the truth is for normal people. Prison is obviously not a deterrent to criminal behavior, which is why so many of them have been "institutionalized". They prefer prison to being free.
How well do you know them? Have you walked with someone through a sentence, taken their phone calls when they are in agony because medical won't see them (but still they have to work 40 hours a week, without pay), listened to their desperation as they've been preyed upon, watched them lose weight because they don't get enough food, or been absolutely amazed at their resiliency and resolve to rise above it all? If you had, you wouldn't begrudge anyone a life behind bars.

Let us not forget that Josh paid for what he downloaded! He paid for it! Every single time a sick person such as him views and/or downloads this material, it just enables and encourages others with the same sick addiction to forward it to others and so on and so on. But he was not convicted of distribution.

Think about the physical trauma to a little girl’s body parts or a little boy’s body parts after being assaulted in this manner. Just think about it.

10 or 12 years was not long enough. But the judge had to go by the guidelines.

All JMO

How well do you know them? Have you walked with someone through a sentence, taken their phone calls when they are in agony because medical won't see them (but still they have to work 40 hours a week, without pay), listened to their desperation as they've been preyed upon, watched them lose weight because they don't get enough food, or been absolutely amazed at their resiliency and resolve to rise above it all? If you had, you wouldn't begrudge anyone a life behind bars.
Again, if prison was something out of "Les Miserables", maybe there wouldn't be so much recidivism. I have little to no empathy for people in jail and prison. The empathy goes to their families, who are stuck paying for phone calls, putting money into commissary every month, and the victims of the crime, in this case, babies. Babies!!! And Josh Duggar watched CSAM for entertainment? Pleasure?

No, I don't care about him, or his problems, and I wish his prison experience wasn't filled with recreational activities, ham and turkey for dinner with all of the trimmings.

There are numerous articles about the "Duggar Appeal", each one details more information about the amount of evidence the government has against Duggar. From information from his phone, computer downloads, combined with his own statements after a Miranda warning...the fact that he continues to double down on his innocence is repugnant to me. There is zero potential for rehabilitation here.

There are numerous articles about the "Duggar Appeal", each one details more information about the amount of evidence the government has against Duggar. From information from his phone, computer downloads, combined with his own statements after a Miranda warning...the fact that he continues to double down on his innocence is repugnant to me. There is zero potential for rehabilitation here.

Agree about the potential for "rehabilitation". He will be out before we know it. I think what needs to happen is that he can never be allowed to be around children alone again and should be monitored for "digital evidence" for the rest of his life.

I hope that one day he'll admit his guilt and be remorseful, but even so, he will need to be vigilant (and so will LE, family, friends, etc.) for life. It's said that this is a very difficult thing to get out of -that recidivism is prevalent, and it seems that he is an especially hard case for several reasons.

He is one of so, so, many, though. I've looked at the SO registry for my area and they're on practically every block in the county. I have a hard time believing that many of them are different from JD, in that these are the ones who have been convicted. For every one convicted, there are bound to be many who haven't been caught. What a world.

Let us not forget that Josh paid for what he downloaded! He paid for it! Every single time a sick person such as him views and/or downloads this material, it just enables and encourages others with the same sick addiction to forward it to others and so on and so on. But he was not convicted of distribution.

Think about the physical trauma to a little girl’s body parts or a little boy’s body parts after being assaulted in this manner. Just think about it.

10 or 12 years was not long enough. But the judge had to go by the guidelines.

All JMO
I don't think the physical trauma compares to what is done to the heart and soul and mind. Most of the physical trauma can be recovered from, but so many lives are utterly destroyed by this. The lives of the victims, and often the lives of those they touch.

There's a saying about being dropped into the sea with a millstone around one's neck that comes to mind....

I don't think the physical trauma compares to what is done to the heart and soul and mind. Most of the physical trauma can be recovered from, but so many lives are utterly destroyed by this. The lives of the victims, and often the lives of those they touch.

There's a saying about being dropped into the sea with a millstone around one's neck that comes to mind....
Emotional trauma is equally damaging as well.

But little girls reproductive organs and genital areas can suffer permanent damage from sexual assault.

Emotional trauma is equally damaging as well.

But little girls reproductive organs and genital areas can suffer permanent damage from sexual assault.

I agree. I was just commenting that in my mind, the damage done to the soul is incalculable. Your point is well taken, though.

Really, what we’re talking about is TORTURE.

I agree. I was just commenting that in my mind, the damage done to the soul is incalculable. Your point is well taken, though.

And Josh Duggar watched that for pleasure. There is a real problem with that. My personal belief is that watching *advertiser censored*/CSAM is like a "gateway drug" to justifying child sexual abuse.

Torture is a good way to describe it.

Even though Josh has not been accused of sexual assault, someone was doing that to those precious children and he got pleasure from viewing it. As the investigators who had viewed what Josh had viewed as part of their investigation, what they saw was the worst of the worst. A normal person (non pedophile) would throw up looking at such disgusting images. It makes me cry sometimes to even think about what these children have gone through. I’m glad he was caught, but I don’t see him changing. Sorry for rambling.

Torture is a good way to describe it.

Even though Josh has not been accused of sexual assault, someone was doing that to those precious children and he got pleasure from viewing it. As the investigators who had viewed what Josh had viewed as part of their investigation, what they saw was the worst of the worst. A normal person (non pedophile) would throw up looking at such disgusting images. It makes me cry sometimes to even think about what these children have gone through. I’m glad he was caught, but I don’t see him changing. Sorry for rambling.

That’s exactly what the material is now called CSAM and not CP (and don’t get me started on calling it “kiddie P”).

That’s exactly what the material is now called CSAM and not CP (and don’t get me started on calling it “kiddie P”).

Exactly. That minimizes the horror of this act. I really wonder about the addiction model of *advertiser censored*, and if it leads to more depraved types or more than likely, Josh wanted to find this particular type of material.

I personally don't see potential for rehabilitation here. He is too far into denial for treatment to be effective.

Exactly. That minimizes the horror of this act. I really wonder about the addiction model of *advertiser censored*, and if it leads to more depraved types or more than likely, Josh wanted to find this particular type of material.

I personally don't see potential for rehabilitation here. He is too far into denial for treatment to be effective.
I don’t see rehabilitation either. He’s surrounded by enablers who believe he’s innocent and being persecuted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back