Josh Powell blew his house up in WA #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question that always comes to my mind in such cases: Do these murderers believe in an afterlife too? I wondered that in casey anthony's case and also in this one. Weren't they afraid of what was to come as they planned these horrible acts? I always wonder about that.
True sociopaths wouldn't care...IMPO, not one iota.
I did wonder if Casey would be outraged by this story, if it would sicken her the way it does us...but I don't think she would bat an eyelash. It doesn't, afterall, have anything to do with her.

I see everyone discussing all the signs that "someone" should have seen in JP so that he could have been prevented from doing the dastardly deed he did.. But, WHO could have seen ALL of the signs that everyone is listing out BEFORE Sunday? From what I'm reading, he was in contact with a lot of people before Sunday, but none of them connected all the dots.. How could any one of them even SEEN all the dots to connect?

We're Monday morning quarterbacking something ghastly that happened on Sunday and I don't see how any one person could have prevented JP from murdering his boys and committing suicide in such a horrific manner. Please enlighten me if anyone has an answer?
IMO, there were several people who had the knowledge and should have possessed the common sense to say, "Hell no. Those kids shouldn't go to Josh Powell's house. That man is a murder suspect, his family has a history of mental illness, he posted bizarre and very angry statements recently on the internet, his dad was just arrested for being a pedophile, and the boys' grandparents truly believe that he is capable of murdering his children."

I am jumping in...this may have been posted already...but....

Fox News - February 7, 2012 - "Disturbing New Details: Autopsy Reveals Josh Powell Attacked Sons With Hatchet"

"Dan Springer talked with Chuck Cox's attorney, who said that Cox was told by police, that had he lived, Josh Powell would have been arrested by June in the case of his wife's disappearance."

I am jumping in...this may have been posted already...but....

Fox News - February 7, 2012 - "Disturbing New Details: Autopsy Reveals Josh Powell Attacked Sons With Hatchet"

"Dan Springer talked with Chuck Cox's attorney, who said that Cox was told by police, that had he lived, Josh Powell would have been arrested by June in the case of his wife's disappearance."

Yes. Isn't it horrid? :tears:

Here's the thread where it's being discussed: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162091"]Cause of Death-Charles and Braden Powell. **Warning-Graphic Thread** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Something that stood out to me was the statement that he would have to take a polygraph along with the other psychosexual testing. He would obviously have to pass the polygraph which would not happen, therefore at that moment knew he would never have his kids back. That day in court was the turning point. This is such a tragedy, it will haunt us forever.

Something that stood out to me was the statement that he would have to take a polygraph along with the other psychosexual testing. He would obviously have to pass the polygraph which would not happen, therefore at that moment knew he would never have his kids back. That day in court was the turning point. This is such a tragedy, it will haunt us forever.

Interesting-if a poly is not admissable, how do you compel one?

Not admissible in criminal court but this was a child custody case. I am pretty sure they could make him to take a poly if he wanted custody of his kids back.

Good question, Believe.

According to this article, a polygragh is part of the psychosexual evaluation:

"They are highly intrusive," says Pierce Co. Prosecutor Mark Lindquist. "They go on for several hours. The subject's entire life history is studied. The subject's entire sexual history is studied. The subject undergoes a personality test and all of this is done with a polygraph."

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=138831984&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212

It was in connection with the psycosexual (haha, I butchered that spelling) test that was ordered, not about Susan

Thank you-I get that part. But if polys are inadmissable because they are fallible, how can a judge compel one?

Storage unit search discussion can be found here ---->[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162138"]Susan Powell case now being considered a murder investigation*SEARCH WARRANT* 7FEB12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just turned on NG. These poor boys. Her family...no words...the depths of human cruelty can leave me dumbfounded at times.

:(

Thank you-I get that part. But if polys are inadmissable because they are fallible, how can a judge compel one?

I have no idea actually, Im not even sure how the whole test works but it must be inconjunction somehow, maybe gitana1 knows

Gitana, that's some excellent information and if I didn't have a meeting in 15 minutes, I'd be diving right in! :blowkiss:

Later on, I want to move that conversation to a thread that would be perfect for it and easy to find for future reference. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162046"]Parental rights vs. child safety - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Continue on here for now, just wanted you to know in case you guys come back later and can't find the discussion. I really want to see change!!!

Aha, see I knew she would. I hope she doesnt think I stalk her but her posts are so well written and knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1