Josh Powell blew his house up in WA #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gitana, that's some excellent information and if I didn't have a meeting in 15 minutes, I'd be diving right in! :blowkiss:

Later on, I want to move that conversation to a thread that would be perfect for it and easy to find for future reference. Parental rights vs. child safety - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Continue on here for now, just wanted you to know in case you guys come back later and can't find the discussion. I really want to see change!!!

Perfect. I though there was a thread on that.

It doesn't seem as though he was a "person of interest" in any way to the Utah PD or the WA PD. Just as they weren't following him when he rented a car, they weren't monitoring his bank accounts, they weren't keeping him under surveillance when he rented a house he couldn't afford and gave away his kids' possessions, and bought large quantities of gasoline in gas cans, they had never searched his storage unit, and they had no adequate supervision set up to protect the boys from a possible murderer.

Were they waiting for him to put up a billboard? Call up and confess?

It doesn't seem as though he was a "person of interest" in any way to the Utah PD or the WA PD. Just as they weren't following him when he rented a car, they weren't monitoring his bank accounts, they weren't keeping him under surveillance when he rented a house he couldn't afford and gave away his kids' possessions, and bought large quantities of gasoline in gas cans, they had never searched his storage unit, and they had no adequate supervision set up to protect the boys from a possible murderer.

Were they waiting for him to put up a billboard? Call up and confess?

I am in shock. Really he wasn't being monitored or watched this whole time?
Who is in charge of this investigation? I think there needs to be an internal investigation of the LE, and courts over this.
You got to kidding? You get in more trouble with a DUI.

I;m watching NG. I cannot blame the police yet, the way she has, although I will admit they had what seemed to be some keystone cop moments over the summer.

She is wondering why there wasn't an arrest, especially based on the boys' statements.

Well, they lived with their father for two years after he killed their mother. The only statement we heard of early on was that mam was in the mines looking for crystals. That says a lot but was not enough for a murder charge, IMO.

Also, yes, they had recently begun, in their grandparents' care, to speak more and one drew a picture, but when asked more questions, Chuck Cox says they clammed up. They needed more time to be comfortable enough to state what they remembered or to remember at all. Signs are that they were not allowed to discuss their mom so they probably still felt that sense of oppression.

Once they were comfortable, a forensic psychologist would have been necessary to evaluate their readiness to testify, and help them prepare. They weren't there yet.

I don't know what other evidence LE had. We have heard about the fans drying a wet spot, the mileage on the rental care and of course, the coward's ridiculous story about what happened, midnight camping with toddlers in the dead of winter, forgetting it was Sunday, etc. I guess I would be a defense attorney's worst nightmare because frankly, that would have been enough for me as a juror. No "reasonable" doubt there. But in an era of OJ trials and casey anthony verdicts, I can understand why they would feel gun shy. Many jurors just don't use logic.

I saw a floorplan, I think on thread #2 around post 270??? that showed a floorplan of the house that was shown on NG. It was clearly not to scale. Has anyone been able to find a reliable layout of the rental?

My Dh just pointed out in these high profile cases he believes the Prosecutors slow down their stance on a case due to the media scrutiny on the cases, thus causing a lag in filing charges. I tend to agree and in most cases it takes about a year from an arrest to a conviction.

But here we have so much to support an arrest but yet it never happened. According to the Cox family Attorney they have known for almost 2 years what the boys said about mommy in the trunk but LE never acted on it. Why?????

I have to say that I keep having to change my verb tenses when discussing the boys. I still have such a denial about. I can't imagine them dead. I keep thinking about the throughout the day, "Oh, now they will be able to got to church. Now they will be able to reveal what they know." etc. Then I have to stop myself when I remember the coward murdered them.

I keep seeing references to the messages Josh left regarding his money. Where did this money come from? Has he been working?

Yes I posted the article on the previous page.

Here you go Steely. Thanks n/t!

Thank you. That's, really, really, really depraved.

OK - I just read a post on another blog where Powell's cousin wants an FBI investigation into cyberbullying against Josh Powell. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? My thought on that...well one thought...is IF THERE WAS CYBERBULLYING .... just get off the freaking internet.
I know it is a problem with young teens, etc., but a grown azz man? TURN OFF THE COMPUTER if that is happening. Hello.......?

On the one hand I agree with you, but on the other, someone would have to be really stupid to think that making angry statements to a suspected murderer would help anything. JMO

Just now reading this.....15 computers seized from the home? Who the heck has 15 computers?????????

Someone manufacturing CD's and/or DVD's. JMO

I;m watching NG. I cannot blame the police yet, the way she has, although I will admit they had what seemed to be some keystone cop moments over the summer.

She is wondering why there wasn't an arrest, especially based on the boys' statements.

Well, they lived with their father for two years after he killed their mother. The only statement we heard of early on was that mam was in the mines looking for crystals. That says a lot but was not enough for a murder charge, IMO.

Also, yes, they had recently begun, in their grandparents' care, to speak more and one drew a picture, but when asked more questions, Chuck Cox says they clammed up. They needed more time to be comfortable enough to state what they remembered or to remember at all. Signs are that they were not allowed to discuss their mom so they probably still felt that sense of oppression.

Once they were comfortable, a forensic psychologist would have been necessary to evaluate their readiness to testify, and help them prepare. They weren't there yet.

I don't know what other evidence LE had. We have heard about the fans drying a wet spot, the mileage on the rental care and of course, the coward's ridiculous story about what happened, midnight camping with toddlers in the dead of winter, forgetting it was Sunday, etc. I guess I would be a defense attorney's worst nightmare because frankly, that would have been enough for me as a juror. No "reasonable" doubt there. But in an era of OJ trials and casey anthony verdicts, I can understand why they would feel gun shy. Many jurors just don't use logic.

I know as a fictitious potential juror that I would have found him guilty just based on the fan, camping trip, rental car, forgetting it's Monday and the wife/mother missing. However the average IQ in this country, IIRC, is around 100. So half the people have less than that.

I actually think that this visitation may have been a good thing. That sounds super duper crazy, but let me explain. I believe that if the judge had decided to not allow any visits until the tests were done it could have been worse. I think JP would have done a home invasion type thing on the Cox family and then set fire to their home and offed himself. I think this may have saved the Cox's lives. JMO

"Investigators say Josh Powell withdrew $7,000 in cash from a bank the day before he killed himself and his two young sons in a house fire in Washington state."

Just wondered why this money has vanished and did someone tell J. to do this ? (i.e., his dad, SP ?) Curious to what extent SP was controlling things, even from behind bars.

Also from the link below, it would be a good thing if there was a clue as to Susans' disappearance in that storage unit that was searched.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-powell-withdrew-7k-day-killings-011944636.html

"Investigators say Josh Powell withdrew $7,000 in cash from a bank the day before he killed himself and his two young sons in a house fire in Washington state."

http://news.yahoo.com/police-powell-withdrew-7k-day-killings-

Just wondered why this money has vanished and did someone tell J. to do this ? (i.e., his dad, SP ?) Curious to what extent SP was controlling things, even from behind bars.

Also from the link above, it would be a good thing if there was a clue as to Susans' disappearance in that storage unit that was searched.

The link won't work for me. :waitasec:

The link won't work for me. :waitasec:

snipped

Bummer, I clicked on it after posting and I brought up Yahoos' "oops" page....added the link again !
I thought it was my computer, Norton anti-virus, or something like that.

added: linked again and it seems to be working.

Thank you.

I can't say that I was overly impressed with the 911 operators. Also surprised the phone numbers, names and license plate # of the callers were not redacted.

That said, the case worker said that she thought she had been there about 10 minutes by the time she made the second call. I wonder if the house erupted in fire right after she hung up.

There is a very lively discussion on the 911 calls here ---->[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162153"]2012.02.07 - 911 Tapes Released - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I am in shock. Really he wasn't being monitored or watched this whole time?
Who is in charge of this investigation? I think there needs to be an internal investigation of the LE, and courts over this.
You got to kidding? You get in more trouble with a DUI.
snipped by me

Yes, it's too bad those with
authority to do so weren't watching him (JP) with a magnifying glass; especially after his dads' arrest.
Also, it's been brought up that the other tests he was to take should have been a warning sign. :maddening: :maddening:
I know, I know, 'due process' and all that.

There is a lot of new information out there and thankfully we are able to sort it out through threads so if you're up to date on one topic and not another, you can look at the forum index and see what you're missing. And please be sure to keep the media links up-to-date.

Since this thread has pretty much worn out it's usefulness, I'm going to close it soon. If you are lost, click on this link to find the index page for Susan's forum: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=378"]Susan Powell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I feel physically ill from all that has transpired in this case. I am really having a hard time wrapping my head around how anyone could do something like this. I don't understand.
How can a person can be so evil, pure evil?
I wonder what kind of person JP would have been if his father was not in the picture, is this the toll of years of abuse at the hands of his own father? It doesn't excuse it, but it might explain some things... IMO SP is responsible for all these crimes, because I feel his sick nature took it's toll on JP and made him into the sick evil person he became. I am so angry and disgusted. This is my first post since hearing this news...so please be forgiving of me/my anger & confusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1