Josh Powell blew his house up in WA #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On HLN: I just heard that a picture was drawn (by one of the boys) with Susan in the trunk???

Here's a question that always comes to my mind in such cases: Do these murderers believe in an afterlife too? I wondered that in casey anthony's case and also in this one. Weren't they afraid of what was to come as they planned these horrible acts? I always wonder about that.

Interesting thought isnt it. Was he just at a place where he didnt care? I dont know. I know he had turned his back on everything the LDS church teaches and there is a great deal about the after life. One of my first thoughts when someone like Josh dies is always...well he knows now and he's not happy.

Eta:casey was just deluded enough to think she will be caught up in the rapture. She'll find out different too

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powel...-investigation/story?id=14628030#.TzGZG3orxXY

By COLLEEN CURRY
Sept. 28, 2011

The state's attorney told the judge that during a search of the home in August, police saw a poster depicting a woman with a sword through her genitals and found a hanging noose, and that on other occasions they had arrived at the home to find Josh Powell's brother naked when answering the door.

I agree. Apparently, according to the Coxes, the psychologist who evaluated the situation and the coward, stated he was NOT a danger to his kids.

In addition, CPS stated that they were not concerned and could protect the boys from any risk.

Clearly, both were wrong.

I believe the signs were very, very clear. I also believe that bureaucrats often do the very minimum necessary to investigating such intense cases, either due to too-high case loads because there is too little money with which to hire more workers, or because they just don't care or are offended by anyone challenging their initial, "professional" assumptions.

I would be willing to spend much more in taxes to ensure that little lives like Charlie's and Braden's are not destroyed. But for what I pay, I expect the bureaucrats to care at least HALF as much as I do.

That psychologist sucked. We could tell he posed a risk. He/she should be fired and loose their license each one of these people did NOT protect these children. She/he is supposed to be an expert and a paid professional!
The WA justice system is flawed they often side with the parent with the best attorney. Very corrupt.

I see everyone discussing all the signs that "someone" should have seen in JP so that he could have been prevented from doing the dastardly deed he did.. But, WHO could have seen ALL of the signs that everyone is listing out BEFORE Sunday? From what I'm reading, he was in contact with a lot of people before Sunday, but none of them connected all the dots.. How could any one of them even SEEN all the dots to connect?

We're Monday morning quarterbacking something ghastly that happened on Sunday and I don't see how any one person could have prevented JP from murdering his boys and committing suicide in such a horrific manner. Please enlighten me if anyone has an answer?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powel...-investigation/story?id=14628030#.TzGZG3orxXY

By COLLEEN CURRY
Sept. 28, 2011

The state's attorney told the judge that during a search of the home in August, police saw a poster depicting a woman with a sword through her genitals and found a hanging noose, and that on other occasions they had arrived at the home to find Josh Powell's brother naked when answering the door.

This article is full of some interesting tidbits. Oh my!

I don't think anyone is disputing his suicide warnings, it's the murders that we need to recognize. Suicide warnings signs are there. How about murder?
Those warning signs overlap though. There is a very well defined link between suicide and filicide - especially in paternal filicides. Most current research suggests that the majority of parents who murder their children suffer from depression - some studies report that finding as high as 70%.

Children are at the highest risk of becoming murder victims when a parent is experiencing suicidal ideations.

Here's one paper on the link between filicide and suicide (there are a few), warning signs, possible preventative measures, and statistical data: http://www.jaapl.org/content/33/4/496.full

I see everyone discussing all the signs that "someone" should have seen in JP so that he could have been prevented from doing the dastardly deed he did.. But, WHO could have seen ALL of the signs that everyone is listing out BEFORE Sunday? From what I'm reading, he was in contact with a lot of people before Sunday, but none of them connected all the dots.. How could any one of them even SEEN all the dots to connect?

We're Monday morning quarterbacking something ghastly that happened on Sunday and I don't see how any one person could have prevented JP from murdering his boys and committing suicide in such a horrific manner. Please enlighten me if anyone has an answer?

I did see in an interview this morning that Chuck Cox was very worried and implored DFS to assign more workers to this case and see the danger the boys were in. He said he understands the constraints the office is under with money and manpower.

OK - I just read a post on another blog where Powell's cousin wants an FBI investigation into cyberbullying against Josh Powell. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? My thought on that...well one thought...is IF THERE WAS CYBERBULLYING .... just get off the freaking internet.
I know it is a problem with young teens, etc., but a grown azz man? TURN OFF THE COMPUTER if that is happening. Hello.......?

I did see in an interview this morning that Chuck Cox was very worried and implored DFS to assign more workers to this case and see the danger the boys were in. He said he understands the constraints the office is under with money and manpower.

My heart breaks for them. They knew, their intuition was right. They could see the signs but, the courts, judge did not use common sense.

1) Being the only suspect in a missing wife/murder suspect was the biggest red flag of all
2) father for having child *advertiser censored*
3) noose in house
4) naked brother roaming around
5) Josh's behavior (hostile/unstable)

I wonder if the judge even reads the case dockets?
We gotta push harder for victim's rights esp. children!

Ann Rule's take on Josh Powell. She's also researching a book with the approval of the Cox family.

True-crime writer Ann Rule: Josh Powell among the worst killers
http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=623529
Thank you for the link.. I think Ann Rule has Josh Powell pegged..

Rule is researching a book about the Susan Powell case with the approval of the Coxes. She doesn't think Powell was crazy or psychotic. Like many of her subjects, she thinks Powell was a sociopath who saw himself as the center of the world, with little concern about others, even his own family.

By COLLEEN CURRY
Sept. 28, 2011

Just now reading this.....15 computers seized from the home? Who the heck has 15 computers?????????

I just wish in light of all that they DID know that they acted in the best interests of the children.
I have read that the Coxes gave permission for a home visit...but (IMO) this should never have been a consideration with the Court. A "no discussion" kind of arrangement. Personally, I believe he should have been denied visitation considering all that WAS KNOWN...but hindsight is always the best sight.

OK - I just read a post on another blog where Powell's cousin wants an FBI investigation into cyberbullying against Josh Powell. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? My thought on that...well one thought...is IF THERE WAS CYBERBULLYING .... just get off the freaking internet.
I know it is a problem with young teens, etc., but a grown azz man? TURN OFF THE COMPUTER if that is happening. Hello.......?

Here is the thread on that topic: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162050"]Powell cousin calls FBI; josh was cyberbullied - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

By COLLEEN CURRY
Sept. 28, 2011

The last sentence of this article just broke my heart....

So Chuck and Judy will have their grandsons and they're safe and loved.

:(
Wish we could rewind back to September.

Details of the photo that was presented at the custody hearing at the link.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=138831984&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212

This article is not correct. This is not what caused the judge to order the psychosexual evaluation.

That was actually a poster that authorities found on the wall of Steven's house last summer and the subject of debate in the original custody hearing.

The psychosexual evaluations was ordered by the judge last week because of disturbing pictures found on JP's computer by WVCPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces