Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, at the last hearing he made it clear he should get the boys back because he had moved out of his father's home. His mother moved up to his father's home to live. The house he just destroyed is NOT his father's Puyallup home where he formerly lived with his dad and siblings.

That is what CNN is reporting on air right now.
Sorry.
My msitake.

The social worker reported SMELLING gas. I'd assume that meant natural gas which will explode.

I am not going to assume anything right now. Early info is frequently wrong.

Their father was already a murderer and he was intent on murdering the boys. I really don't think holding their hands would have stopped Josh after he set up the murder scene.

It would have kept the boys from running ahead of her into the house; maybe she would have smelled the gas and steered them all away from the house. All except Josh, the one who deserved to die. IMO. Of course this is all maybe maybe maybe...no one could have predicted this particular thing happening but they sure could have expected something evil from that monster.

I am not sure if they are just now receiving them or just now reading them. Lawyer didn't read his for two hours. It's Sunday. Could be the same for the rest of the e-mails.

That's true, also possible. I guess we will know more specifics later.

OMG... Sick to my stomach. The only comfort is knowing Susan and her sons are together now. Prayers for the Cox family.. my heart is just breaking for them again.

I cannot believe the courts let them visit at his home. I am so freaking angry right now.

How do we know that this was gas as opposed to some sort of explosion devise?

I guess we don't at this point... just reports that the social worker smelled gas... could have also been gas like car gas as well? The situation is very fluid at this point

OMG. I am so angry. We all saw something like this happening. :rose:I remember posting about it here. The chance that he would carry out a murder suicide involving his sweet boys. DAMN. I hate that man and his sick twisted father. I better sit on my hands, unless it is too late for that too. :furious:

Josh Powell is a loathesome coward :furious: who cared for no one but himself. No doubt the social worker knew that Powell was volatile and headed to her car when she sensed that something was amiss. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Susan's boys have been united with their mother and will never have to suffer again. Sadly, Susan's mother and father are left to grieve the loss of their beloved daughter and grandchildren at the hands of someone they believed would love, honor, and respect their daughter. May their faith give them the courage and strength to endure this unfathomable suffering.

:cry: I just found this, my heart just sank.......

Prayers for Mr. and Mrs. Cox and any extended family and friends affected by this horrible horrible outcome...

I guess we don't at this point... just reports that the social worker smelled gas... could have also been gas like car gas as well? The situation is very fluid at this point

If she smelled gas, especially strong smell of gas, I would expect a call to 911 immediately, because that is an emergency. If she was on the phone with her supervisor (as reported) then it doesn't appear she believed it was an emergency. So I don't know what she smelled or didn't smell.

It would have kept the boys from running ahead of her into the house; maybe she would have smelled the gas and steered them all away from the house. All except Josh, the one who deserved to die. IMO. Of course this is all maybe maybe maybe...no one could have predicted this particular thing happening but they sure could have expected something evil from that monster.

I personally think that once he was determined to kill them, it was just a matter of how he would get them into the house. Grab them, entice them, call out to them - whatever. And we have no idea when she smelled gas or how much time she even had to react.

Some have questioned what Steven Powell must be feeling right now, I say he is probably relieved. My guess is that he knew what this plan was; and he likely helped plan the action. My guess is that SP and JP talked about what to do if and/or when Susan's body was ever found. But this is all about control. That is all that matters to these Powell men. Josh no longer had control of his possessions (his children); just like he was losing control of his other possession - Susan. He couldn't stand the thought that Susan was going to leave him and take "his" children away. He had to get rid of her. Now, the wonderful and stable Cox family had "his" children; and the judge said that he was going to have to undergo evalutations. Control was being taken away from him at every turn. This guy is truly a monster years and years in the making (molded from another monster already serving time in jail).

I have one relief in all of this. Those boys are in the arms of their beautiful mother. Susan is comforting them; and they know the true plan now. Josh may have felt that he was controling the kids by taking them away from the Cox family; but ultimately, he lost. Susan has those two beautiful, precious boys; and Josh will have NO loved ones around him EVER again! He will get his judgement much sooner than I had thought.

I have worried about justice for Susan as there seemed to be only the circumstantial evidence to try Josh. I knew that after this life he would get judgement. He just speeded up the process. What a ! What a coward of the worst kind!

Yes, I think this is exactly what we will hear. Powell doesnt know how to feel real sadness imo. He will say poor Josh was persecuted and Ill even go so far as to say he could have put Josh up to all of this.

Exactly! I couldn't think of the word persecuted when I wrote my post. You watch, his dad will do this....

The Cox family must be devastated. I pray they can make it through this utterly despicable act. :rose:

OMG. I am so angry. We all saw something like this happening. :rose:I remember posting about it here. The chance that he would carry out a murder suicide involving his sweet boys. DAMN. I hate that man and his sick twisted father. I better sit on my hands, unless it is too late for that too. :furious:

Yes, we did. Unbelievable to me that I'm listening to a reporter right now say that while a female reporter shared similar sentiments, he thought, "No way."

Yet here was a guy who was not only a person of interest, he was a person of interest in a case where it was likely there was premeditation, she was poisoned before being disposed of.

Why would WA not take that into account?

But WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY was he allowed visits at his house?

Just imagine all the other possibilities, not just gas but knives of any kind. Plastic bags. Cords and ropes.
An unarmed social worker.

And she called her supervisor instead of 911?
Brilliant, Washington. Just brilliant.

BBM

This is very unfortunately common practice for social workers. It makes no sense. I interviewed for a social work job right out of college and during the interview I was asked what I would do if I thought I was in danger or my client was in danger of hurting himself/herself or someone else. My answer was call the police. The man interviewing me went on to tell me it was company police to notify the supervisor first and let him/her decide if police involvement is necessary. I wanted to say, "You're crazy if you think I am not calling 911 if I feel that I or someone else is in serious danger." This is something that REALLY needs to change IMO.

How on earth was a home visit scheduled? Where was the safety for the social worker and the kids in a building they could not control? Why was that even allowed? There needs to be a Charlie and Braden law now.

Also BBM

I agree completely and hope that Susan's family and friends can muster up the emotional strength to help make this happen. The system is a complete mess as it stands right now and it unfortunately takes something big happening in order to get the ball rolling. As sad as this situation is, I truly hope this is the is the beginning of some serious changes. Things absolutely HAVE to change.

I am absolutely sickened by today's events. Those poor boys....they should have never been allowed to be in that man's house. I hope that sorry excuse for a man, father, and husband rots for all eternity.

I'm completely shocked, sad, and disgusted.

My prayers for the Cox family.

I'm just in shock.

My stomach is all twisted in knots thinking about what the Cox family must be going through tonight. Omg....those poor, poor, poor people. If you believe in the power of prayer - please take a few moments and say prayers for them. I just can't fathom the gut wrenching sadness they must be experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668