Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone here tonight has proven something that joshie never understood. Susan was a very special person, the mother of two beautiful sons. Susan and the boys will be remembered for their goodness.

I'm not the least bit surprised Josh would do this but I am very dissappionted that the boys were not protected from him.
How did he get the supplies to build a bomb?
Why didn't the police know about it?
Why, why, why was Josh allowed to be alone with those poor boys?

I remember our discussions back before the Coxes got custody. I was concerned that Josh would pull a double murder-suicide and so were others.

The judge who allowed him to take those boys without supervision will have to live with this sad outcome. I really don't feel sorry for that judge at all. She should have protected those children from their evil father but instead, she gambled with the boy's lives and lost!

I hope in this case "suicide watch" means they will just sit by and observe Steven Powell kill himself. I think he's too ego-maniacal to do us the favor, though. I am glad Josh is dead. I am that petty. But those beautiful babies dying has me bawling my eyes out. RIP Susan, Charlie and Braden.

What is the link for Josh's website about Susan? Has anyone checked to see if he updated it?

I am stunned and saddened. I agree that JP must have felt cornered and knew that the court was going to find out some very awful things about him. As much as I pray he left some info about Susans whereabouts, I can't see him being kind in any fashion to Susans parents. I don't believe I've seen anyone more evil.

Prayers for the Cox family, Susan, their friends and all LE that are involved in this case.

I just came home and saw this story on my paper's homepage. I'm completely shocked. What an evil selfish waste of flesh Josh was. Those poor little boys, all the hell they had to go through, and now this :(

I hope Josh burns in hell.

Exactly.

Not only that, but I believe there is strong research that shows that the loss of custody is a prime predictor for this kind of violence. I can't link to anything right now, but my memory is that it is akin to risk to women, where the most dangerous time is after they leave and get a restraining order.

DFS in WA is unaware of risk patterns?

DFS Fails in all our States.

this is the worst thing I could here. I'm shocked and saddened. I can't believe I am here crying for complete strangers. I'm so so sorry for the Cox family may God give you what you need to live on the social worker to this most be awful. Susan your with your boys now RIP.

On Sunday, the lawyer for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, told the AP the children had started talking to their grandparents about things they remembered from the night their mother vanished.

"They were beginning to verbalize more," said attorney Steve Downing, whose clients had custody of the children. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that Mommy was in the trunk. Mom and Dad got out of the car and Mom disappeared."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120205/us-missing-mom-utah/

I didn't know this did anyone else or are they talking about the atty stating this today?

I have no words. I've been trying to figure out what to say.

I got nothing.

Nothing but silent, heart-rending prayers for those sweet, innocent boys. Prayers for the Coxes. Prayers for Kirsti. Prayers for Susan. My faith tells me there was a joyful reunion today, between mother and sons. And there was another meeting, between God and Josh. It's now in God's Hands, for eternity.

And prayers for the social worker, who will live with this the rest of her life. Another life ruined by Powell.

Nothing left to say.

Josh: "Oh, please let me & my boys watch the Super Bowl together ALONE."

DCFS: "Okay" (feckless)

Josh: "Watch this house go BOOM !

Evil incarnate !

WHY DOES THIS NOT SURPRISE ME???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/05/josh-powell-susan-powell-home-explosion_n_1256113.html

"Steve Powell didn't seem very upset by the news, but was angry towards authorities who notified him," Troyer said.

Sounds about right. Blame the messenger.

Steve Powell is a narcissist and sociopath just like Josh. He cannot feel real human emotions and probably isn't terribly sorry about Josh and the boys. He doesn't really love his kids any more than Josh loved his. They are possessions to be manipulated for the good of the puppetmaster. No more that that. Now that he is in jail, that is his only concern. The puppets are on their own. If he gets out before he leaves his wretched existence, well, he'll expect to pick up where he left off. He won't miss Josh however, because he was just more trouble than he was worth. Josh is the reason he got caught and is in jail. Probably glad to see Josh gone, quite frankly.

Fire? I wonder if he used fire before... that does say alot. And then with them finding those ashes on that search. I wonder if they were trying to spook him out? Wasn't it mentioned in the beginning that his father played a part in suggesting he get away from Susan? What was all the court dates this past week? Thursday?

On Sunday, the lawyer for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, told the AP the children had started talking to their grandparents about things they remembered from the night their mother vanished.

"They were beginning to verbalize more," said attorney Steve Downing, whose clients had custody of the children. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that Mommy was in the trunk. Mom and Dad got out of the car and Mom disappeared."

I didn't know this did anyone else or are they talking about the atty stating this today?

I thought Ann Bremner is the Cox's attorney?

For anyone getting caught up, a thread from earlier today has updates from when the story broke: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161960"]Explosion at Josh Powell's House[/ame]

These boys did witness horror. I wonder what JP and SP put them through to try to get them to forget.

I think everyone here tonight has proven something that joshie never understood. Susan was a very special person, the mother of two beautiful sons. Susan and the boys will be remembered for their goodness.

I think he probably finally understood, just how important she is. I wonder how involved his father was? Was he a narcissist too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member