Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no sympathy from me, but they always put them on suicide watch when stuff like this happens. legalities....

i doubt it phased him much. from what twitters i saw, he called LE names and didn't show much in the way of emotions.

The real Steven Powell shows himself. Think about how he was in his home!

The suicide watch is nothing more than a CYA move...jails never like to have inmates off themselves on their watch, lots of paperwork.

Oh my GOD...I haven't really been following this case, but what a horrendous act of evil...I thought people like Casey Anthony and Elisa Baker were the worst evil out there...this is just a nightmare. Those poor grandparents. I am just sick and horrified. I can't get out of my mind the image of them running to him...and then BOOM...Oh my God...

Rest in Peace, Susan...hold those babies in your arms forever now...and there is SPECIAL place in HELL for you, Josh...

And I suspect a propane leak

I really think all he did was blow all the pilot lights off on the stove and the heater and turned the gas inn full bore and then lit either a match or lighter.

I a just sick over this...I also hope that LE will really put pressure on SP because I have always felt that he knows exactly where Susan's body is, and at the very least the Coxs deserve the right to bury her along with her children.

To begin with, there should be no visits at homes where there is any history of DV or where there is a "person of interest" in a spousal disappearance. No social workers should be put in harm's way in order to "supervise" at a suspect's home.

Just as DFS removes ALL the kids from a home proactively where there is an abuse allegation involving one, ALL the kids should be removed from a home proactively when a parent disappears with suspicious circumstances. Especially when there are additional circumstances like grandpa and his voyeurism and *advertiser censored*.

No DFS worker should be instructed to call a supervisor when the non-custodial parent has just pushed her out the door. She should be empowered to decide whether to call 911 or her supervisor at that point. Or instructed to call 911 no matter what! Terrible that she should be entrusted with this task yet not empowered to make the decision to call police.

We need to leave behind the centuries' old presumption that children are their parents' property. No more meth-heads getting their kids back time and time again, so that the kids suffer attachment disorder and go on to tortured lives of their own. One strike - go to rehab, and if you screw up again, your kids are on their way to a permanent adoptive family.

Why do we have such a strong anti-abortion movement, ostensibly to protect children, but once the kids are here, their "parents" can do whatever with them and we give the parent's "rights" priority over and over again?

Sorry for the rant....I'm just so upset that we keep sacrificing up kids this way. If Joshie had been innocent, he could have taken the tests, and his relationship with the kids would have survived a few more months or a year in the custody of their grandparents. This presumption that kids need to be "reunited" with their parents immediately, puts them at unacceptable risk. Enough is enough.

A Charlie and Braden Law is a very good idea.

Great post. I totally agree.

This is incredibly sad. I was shocked and stunned to read the headline when I logged in a few minutes ago.

For some reason, I thought the kids were in their grandparents custody and either no visitation or supervised visitation at a supervision center. One with professionals on site. Admittedly, I have not followed this case closely.

There are no words really, other than to say I hope someone in the media sticks a microphone in front of the judges mouth who GRANTED Josh visitation. The blood of these children are on the hands of the judge who gave this evil conniving :censored: visitation rights. I hope that judge is sleeping well tonight and every night. :censored:

I pray it happened so fast the children didn't know what happened. They are with their mommy now. And my prayers to Susan' parents and the materal family and friends left behind.

This still seems surreal.

What do you guys think? Would he send LE the info about where Susan's body is?

Don't want to credit Josh Powell, but the guy was cunning enough to have the explosion emerge as "breaking news" during the Super Bowl :furious:

I have no doubt at all that the desire to shock and alarm as many people as possible has everything to do with the timing of his actions. As well as why he left the social worker alive. I think he wanted to cause her the trauma of seeing what he did.

Honestly, I feel terribly sad for the social worker who was there. She was just doing her job and had no control over the situation. The children probably ran to Daddy as they got out of the car, and he hurried them into the house before the social worker could get there.

I am thankful the social worker was not killed also because he probably would have done the same think if she/he would have come inside. Then there would have been one more killed by this jerk. That whole office where that social worker works will be impacted and tortured by this! I pray for peace for this worker along with Susan's family.

Now we are talking.

I ponder Josh's dad now. I dont see him killing himself. I see him preening and drinking up the attention he will receive. He will receive visits and pleas from LE to locate Susan and any other bodies that may lay in his wake. Maybe this is just what he wanted...maybe he whispered this scenario into Josh's ear.

I wouldn't put it past him. Not at all. He is an evil fantasist so this type of grandiose gesture would be right up his alley.

I understand ... but actually, my question was intended to be about
HIS lawyer, who could have known his fragile state and ordered psych care ...

and the judge, who has such nice red nails, but no balls or common sense. :cowcouch:

He's an attorney hired to defend the *** in the media, and as such he was not concerned with the ***'s psych care or anything else. Had he really cared about JP he would have taken different steps than to just defend him. Had he really cared about justice he would have tried to get JP to work with LE instead of simply trying to imply that JP was some kind of great guy. It was not difficult to see what his client was, but he chose to ignore that and instead fought for his client's rights to see his kids, which have now resulted in those innocent boys dying violent deaths. I do not feel sympathy for this attorney at all. He, too, made his bed.

Sorry if I am coming off as intolerant. I am mad. I am sad. I couldn't be nice right now if I tried.

Josh Powells little game was to hurt the Coxs anyway he could there is no way he would give up where Susan is, but I just hope that LE can get it out of SP for the sake if the Coxs.

Can we copy tweets here...

thenewstribune Tacoma News Tribune
by lwhitehurst
Social worker was banging on the doors and windows of the house as the flames spread at #Powell house.
3 hours ago

link...http://twitter.com/lwhitehurst

O.M.G. Just got home after a Super Bowl party and saw this.

I.am.sick. omg. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member