Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see why LE or the social worker would lie either.

I read this morning, I think on Fox News that the fire burned 4 hours before they could get the bodies out, by about 7pm.

Story must have been modified since I read it because I can't find it now, but I'm quite sure that's what it says. Immaterial to the bigger picture though. 2 little boys gone, their mother still out there somewhere. They must find her so she can rest in peace with her little boys.

What house was that Josh was living in ? Anyone know? was it a rent house? Just wondering what peoperty it was and whether insurance will cover it? I think if you burn your own home, homeowners will not pay, not sure if it is a rent house?

So Sad still I cant believe it!

BBM

I did have one thought, and sorry if this has already been discussed--considering many of us have felt that JPs father was somewhat of his puppet master, does anyone think that not only SP knew this was about to happen, but perhaps he suggested it to JP?

YES. I also have felt he may have somehow egged Josh on to harm Susan. She may have been about to blow the whistle on SP's harassment of her - and now the kids reportedly were beginning to remember details about their mom's last night. SO? Just get rid of these impediments.

And with the latest development, I am thinking that when SP goes to trial on the *advertiser censored* changes, he'll say, "Oh, those were JOSH'S computers," and there will be no one to contradict it and he'll get off. I'm not sure if this is a rational concern or if my brain is just spinning right now.

That whole insane family compound/daddy-in-charge situation screamed to me of misogyny and god knows what all kinds of dysfunction. I am sure Josh and his sibs had horrible childhoods and that SP is in fact their puppetmaster. He seems a person with no boundaries, considering how he harassed Susan. I can't help thinking his kids suffered violations as well - mental, physical, emotional - who knows?

Josh's mother must be beside herself today as well. I am certain she was virtually helpless to stop or change any of this, even early on. So many good women believe they can change a cold, abusive man ("he just needs love and understanding"). Well, maybe sometimes these types of men can change - if they want to - but SP and JP? No. SP had his sick little fiefdom going on and I don't even know what to say about JP at this point. Horribly damaged - but I do not excuse one thing he did.

New thread about Mommy in the Trunk in the forum now.

Here's the link to the thread to discuss there: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162019"]Mommy was in the trunk - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:rocker: Great point ... I hope Michelle's Mother is "banging down the Judge's door" -- telling him that Michelle's twins should NOT be allowed ANY visitation whatsoever with Dale !

And -- Dale has been named a "suspect" in Michelle's disappearance ...

What Josh did to Susan and her 2 young boys should be enough cause for Judge's to reverse these "supervised vistations" IF there is a missing mother -- or missing family member and the "parent" has been named a SUSPECT or a POI ...

Enough is enough ... sorry for ranting ...

Still in shock about those 2 young boys ...

MOO ...

I agree, if this is not a wake up call I don't know what is. This should be more then enough for the courts to act in Michelle's case.

On another note (not the post I quoted) I think this was very preventable. He may have tried to do this had the visitation place been different but he may not have succeeded, in fact it would have been made so much harder for whatever he had planned. The way this was done gave him 100% chance of success. The system made it so very easy for him to murder his children.

I read the headline this morning on CNN and I am really hurt. This news has just ruined my day and I can't stop thinking about the family picture in that tree where all looked so happy. It's really a nice picture and to think such a horrific tragedy emerged is just really hard to reconcile.

I want to cuss in this post so much right now. I curse that man to the lake of fire. How selfish, dispicable and disgusting he is. I'm going to stop here before I lose control and probably get banned.

What words of comfort can I offer the grandparents? I ask this question as I sit here and weep. How do you get through something like this? The heartache of not knowing where or what happened to Susan waas hard enough to bare but now the grandbabies...those cute, handsome little boys, freakin' blown to smithereens and for what? What piece of shyt did Josh's parents raise? They are probably real proud of him. I bet that throughout his life he could never do any wrong. I bet he's done plenty of wicked mess during his childhood that was never addressed and corrected because this is what they developed. A real dispicable piece of shyt! The phuqin' apple doesn't fall too far from the phuqin' tree! Look how Josh has devestated soooooooooooooo many people. Even ruined my Monday morning and I probably won't be any good for the rest of the phuqin' week! BURN IN HELL, JOSH! BURN IN PHUQIN' HELL!!!!!

Family mourns, investigation continues following Powell deaths

An emotional Denise Cox was reflective, angry and numb Sunday night as she stood at a candlelight vigil at the elementary school of her two nephews.

"This isn't fair he had to be such a jerk and take them away with him," Cox said in tears.

Cox said the boys on Sunday did not want to go to their father's house, which he reportedly was renting, because they wanted to stay and play with their cousins instead.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=19135705&nid=148

This revelation makes an already unbearable outcome even worse. Those poor children did NOT want to see him. I can't say more at this point without breaking down totally.

moderator note:

no more arguing.

no more discussion back and forth about the social worker.

last warning as well

I apologize if this was already posted - am still trying to catch up and assimilate this horror - but I just watched our local (Seattle/Tacoma) news, KCPQ (Fox affiliate, Channel 13) and the newscaster said the children had recently begun to communicate about the night Susan disappeared - that she had been in the trunk when they went on their "camping trip." I don't have a link, so I hope it is OK to share that. I hadn't heard or seem that before.

I rarely post but have been following this case here at Websleuths - I remember reading numerous posts that predicted this kind of ending. Last week when Josh seemed so disordered at his hearing, I thought I wouldn't be surprised if he cracked somehow. But who would have imagined this exact scenario? I still can't take it in. I found out the horrible news via a news crawl during the Superbowl pregame stuff - barely noticed because we were all talking, but suddenly everyone was noticing bits of the news and then waiting, waiting, waiting until it repeated so we could get the whole story. At first I thought they had found JUST Josh and, God help me, my first thought was GOOD! But then my friend's little 11-year-old granddaughter, who had been reading along, said, "NO! The kids are dead too!" and somehow that added to the horror - all our other beloved children having to know that such evil exists, that a parent would do this. I hope I am making sense; I just can hardly still take this in - even knowing how deeply CRAZY Josh and his father have seemed for so long.

I worry about Charlie's classmates, though reports say there ane several grief counselors at the school. I fear for all the children in similar situations to Braden and Charlie. My brain understands that the state didn't have enough proof to keep that monster away from those dear boys but I pray that laws can be changed to protect others. For instance, WHY weren't his visitation rights yanked when he failed to comply with counseling requirements? Why wasn't he forbidden to disparage the grandparents? (I know clauses like this exist.) Last week, why couldn't the judge have had the latitude to say, You WILL take the LTD and undergo the psychosexual evaluation before visitations continue. These things need to happen.

Someone way upthread said they hoped the Coxes would sue and bankrupt the state. While I completely understand the outrage, bankrupting the state would surely hurt other children who need resources. Am trying to turn my brain to anything POSITIVE that can be done.

BBM: Thank-you for your post, Stripehaven. You are so correct about this. Not just the children, either. We all have to accept that such evil exists. :(

I just wanted to say I am sorry I was hard on the case worker yesterday. I was and am in a state of shock over this. I have been fighting for my grandson and his sister safety for the past 2 yrs.It is extremely difficult fighting,knowing children are in danger and not being able to do a damn thing about it. In our case live in boyfriend and a mother who is a complete Narcissist,It's all about her kids are just checks and possessions to use.Kids said he took naked pics,beat with belt,tied to chair for 3 hrs because she would not eat.He cut the head off a stuffed bear my 5yr GS won.CPS worker they have has not followed any of the steps ie counseling,to help the kids and get them any help at all,case worker is only one who can protect the kids.Horrible situation for children and those who love them.Mr and Mrs.Cox did everything to save those boys, followed the law.I am sure they lived on pins and needles every minute those boys went for visitation. I am sure they are in shock but knew what he was capable of.

Hugs to you! We too have been fighting for 2 years for my grandson's safety against a system that just doesn't care and a judge that turns a blind eye and insists on father's rights. The CYS worker in our case testified in court that a "caregiver is expected to touch a childs genitals", despite my GS's counselor testifying for over 8 hours that she has no doubt he is being sexually abused. It is so frustrating and I was sickened, saddened and shocked when I heard the news this morning.

My heart goes out to the Coxes. I don't even want to try to imagine their pain. I too was so happy when they were given custody of those beautiful children. Furthur words fail me.

What house was that Josh was living in ? Anyone know? was it a rent house? Just wondering what peoperty it was and whether insurance will cover it? I think if you burn your own home, homeowners will not pay, not sure if it is a rent house?

So Sad still I cant believe it!

It was a rental property. Not that it matters much considering the fact that two innocent children died, but in my state, renters must have renters insurance for the landlord to collect if a fire was caused deliberately or by negligence by a renter.

So why did the state allow Josh to visit Charlie and Braden if the boys were talking about what he did to their mom Susan ?

How did Josh Powell find out that the boys were talking?
Did LE hint to Josh that the boys were talking in order to apply some heat to see if he would confess, therefore putting the boys in great danger??

Nothing like bringing the prime witnesses straight to the door of the murder!!

I knew this was going to happen. Josh's supporters are going to turn him into a matyr. Makes me want to vomit. They all need to be taken down a few notches, IMO. Oh and after saying all this, said cousin hopes the Cox and Powell families can work together regarding funeral arrangements. You %#&%!!!. If the Cox's work with you it's because of the wonderful loving people they are. There is more at the link I can't read because I'm ready to spit nails.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53451811-78/leach-powell-josh-family.html.csp

(snip)
Josh Powell had been cyberbullied since his wife’s disappearance, on Facebook pages dedicated to finding Susan that named him as a suspect and slandered his behavior, Leach said. The possibility of Josh Powell being required to undergo an invasive psychosexual evaluation as part of his custody dispute, also troubles the family, Leach said.
"I can tell you that Josh was terrorized. I’m sure there are people out there who would consider this appropriate given the mass assumption of his guilt. We all want to see criminals pay for what they have done, but when evidence lacks for due process to make this happen, is this the appropriate method of alternate prosecution? This reminds me of North Korea’s process — walk the accused out into a field and put a bullet in them. The difference here is that everybody spends their time enjoying the prelude as some form of sick entertainment while posting Bible scriptures to justify to themselves the reason for which they are finding so much enjoyment," Leach said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl