Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval Thread #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
>snipped by me for clarity<

I don't believe that will be the claim, I doubt that there will ever be a claim made from the panel that Oscar momentarily did not know the difference between right and wrong.

More likely mitigating circumstances will be opined in that Oscar's mental defect (if they find one), his disability, and a noise in the night caused a deadly storm.

Do you think they'll utilise the full 30 days for evaluation for Oscar?

Thank you :-D So the heavier burden, if you will, lies with the State/PT ?

Sure seems that way, otherwise what is the use of even having a prosecutor, the defense presents its case and if no one refutes it then they have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that their version of the event is true.

<modsnip>

Do you think they'll utilise the full 30 days for evaluation for Oscar?

No clue on this one but since it is such a serious matter and he is doing it outpatient I would guess the panel will be diligent and cautious and use all the time they need. I think Oscar is going to be a difficult read, even his written tests will be a bit all over the place IMO.

I think he has an unwell mind.

Sure seems that way, otherwise what is the use of even having a prosecutor, the defense presents its case and if no one refutes it then they have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that their version of the event is true.

<modsnip>

Brilliant. That clarifies that succinctly pour moi ;-)

For me, it's a pity Johnny Depp isn't an esteemed prosecutor . . . . . hee hee

And yet he had a gun license that you would have thought would have been subject to tests of some sort
I believe anyone here would be worried about a 30 day phyco exam and we all have traits of some sorts I don't think they will find anything too bad in Oscar other than his inherent personality

My guess.. Guilty on all charges

No clue on this one but since it is such a serious matter and he is doing it outpatient I would guess the panel will be diligent and cautious and use all the time they need. I think Oscar is going to be a difficult read, even his written tests will be a bit all over the place IMO.

I think he has an unwell mind.

Hi :)

bbm1 - mmmm , will have to respectfully disagree , he's VERY readable.
I've been trying to read my boss for ages , his face is like stone , he shows nothing. OP is the opposite , he displays boatloads of emotions.
What i agree with is that it will be hard to exactly pin-point what has generated whatever will be found. Although the safe bet would be the amputations , to reconstruct that, relying on the recollection of a 1 year old mind would prove , imo , complicated .....assuming OP is willing to let that barrier down and doesn't go berserk.

bbm2 - The evaluation will tell us that but something , imho , is there.

I'm fairly convinced that to me , personally , this evaluation will provide a lot of information, which i'll likely be able to reconcile with what i've seen of OP and what i can't define simply because i'm not a psychiatrist/psychologist.
Which i'll then , in my mind , tie up with everything i've heard and seen at the trial and here , Johnson and Burger , Stander , Stipps ,not hearing Frank , the forensics and ballistics ,hopefully with my perceived wrong evidence that A was the first shot and what OP himself has testified to.

Apologies for long answer :)

For me, any disease, disorder or defect rising to the level of mitigating or negating criminal responsibility is incongruent with it not affecting Oscar's everyday life. He was able to schedule home repairs, have strangers to his home, entertain media appearances, travel globally, and train/compete normally...

But that night, and only that night apparently, his 'disorder' was so acute it impinged on his differentiation between right and wrong?

Alrighty then. ;)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

I don't think that will be found .
Really don't think anything they could potentially , i believe ,find will say that he couldn't distinguish right and wrong.
But i do think they'll find the trigger for the anger/rage that made him do it.

JMHO

Check out the batgunkick facebook / blogspot page. The owner has a very convincing theory of how everything went down that night.

Mrs. Stipp is adamant about 3 bangs in the first set. She testified she was awake, lying in bed with the flu, before the first bang.

Ok... so now you want to discuss Mrs.Stipp's testimony and not Dr.Stipp's?

Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post

But that night, and only that night apparently, his 'disorder' was so acute it impinged on his differentiation between right and wrong?

>snipped by me for clarity<

I don't believe that will be the claim, I doubt that there will ever be a claim made from the panel that Oscar momentarily did not know the difference between right and wrong.

More likely mitigating circumstances will be opined in that Oscar's mental defect (if they find one), his disability, and a noise in the night caused a deadly storm.

My reading comprehension must be really bad because I could have sworn that was what BritsKate just said... :/

For me, any disease, disorder or defect rising to the level of mitigating or negating criminal responsibility is incongruent with it not affecting Oscar's everyday life. He was able to schedule home repairs, have strangers to his home, entertain media appearances, travel globally, and train/compete normally...

Alrighty then. ;)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

And this alleged GAD that caused him to run around screaming (sometimes like a man/sometimes like a woman) for 15 minutes straight didn't evoke a single scream after he tore apart the door and found he blew his girlfriend's brains out (anxiety was suddenly nonexistent despite this horrific discovery?) because he "didn't know what the purpose would be" (huh?) and he was "overcome by sadness" (anxiety morphed into depression?).

Alrighty then. ;)

And this alleged GAD that caused him to run around screaming (sometimes like a man/sometimes like a woman) for 15 minutes straight didn't evoke a single scream after he tore apart the door and found he blew his girlfriend's brains out (anxiety was suddenly nonexistent despite this horrific discovery?) because he "didn't know what the purpose would be" (huh?) and he was "overcome by sadness" (anxiety morphed into depression?).

Alrighty then. ;)

Ikr, an absolute pathetic attempt to cover all his bases, (that note taking wasn't just doodling) tailoring his evidence to suit ear witnesses testimony. He really needs the Judge to believe he sounds like a woman or else he's sunk. :jail:

Alrighty then. ;)

BIB. On another website one gentle soul explained that she would be "sad" if she had put a cake in the oven to bake and later learned that she had left the butter out. But if she had killed a person, "sad" would not be her choice of words. I agree with her.

My reading comprehension must be really bad because I could have sworn that was what BritsKate just said... :/

Its not at all what britskate said. Not knowing bw right n wrong is legal insanity. That's not the issue and no one thinks that.o

Ikr, an absolute pathetic attempt to cover all his bases, (that note taking wasn't just doodling) tailoring his evidence to suit ear witnesses testimony. He really needs the Judge to believe he sounds like a woman or else he's sunk. :jail:

Yes, that's exactly what he did. 'No witness heard screams after shots? Got it. I will say I didn't scream afterwards because it would've been pointless. OH and also because I was so sad. That sounds legit. I got this!!! I will win. I always do.'

BIB. On another website one gentle soul explained that she would be "sad" if she had put a cake in the oven to bake and later learned that she had left the butter out. But if she had killed a person, "sad" would not be her choice of words. I agree with her.

Yeah, 'sad' is an odd emotion to feel at such a tragic moment.

Panicky, anxious, shocked, angry (at himself), distressed, horrified?

Nope, he felt.........sad. :therethere:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member