Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cri.. Roux used a video clip during the trial. . I just cannot suddenly recall at which part. it must have been during his leading of Oscars testimony. certainly the 2nd day, towards the end..

its a clip taken on a CCTV in a sort of service station... Oscar and Reeva shopping and caressing and whatnot while picking up merchandise.. .
of any use??

I had previously seen this but like i thought, unfortunately it's cctv so frames are missing and it's very grainy , not possible to look for anything in the face.
I'm not an absolute believer of body language , for i think much of it is culture influenced and has no scientific backing. Still , some things about body language are a very good and reliable indicator and can be counted on as perceived when taken into a bigger context (i've seen an article just after the beginning of the trial on the dailymail , where an "expert" described OP's behavior in court , one thing was correct the rest was utter rubbish, i personally thought it was a disgrace).

With all this in mind what CAN still be seen , imo , is quite a genuinely positive body language from both of them (although a bit "jumpy" as in bodies close/far/close/far repeatedly). She looks for him , looks for his contact , he smiles happily at that and then right after he does the same...especially the first part where they're closer to the cameras.

However , both instances , at the beginning where they come in contact , he lowers his head ...could be an indicator of slight shame perhaps , as a result of a funny comment from her or whatever. (can't confirm shame because i can't see his face , but he does bow his head) . By slight shame i mean tiny embarrassment too.

All in all this is a positive clip , i really can't see anything wrong at all.
Which doesn't mean that all that followed from here on wasn't a disaster and a tragedy.

The flaw with this is he advanced on the perceived threat so he was no longer in punitive self defense mode. And can you please remind me...we are up to the 3rd defense now right? Or is this 4th?

Well it could be that the judge determined that it's possible he really believed an intruder was about to attack him but he didn't react reasonably. Culpable homicide.

Discuss the OP case and refrain from discussing each other... thanks

BIB I agree the DT had OP assessed/evaluated, but IMO not "✄... way before the trial started... ✄" rather just as the trial ended! What Dr Vorster did was in effect an evaluation of OP's "mental state at the time of offence" even if not as complete as it probably should have been, i.e. she interviewed OP in depth twice, interviewed persons in his circle etc., and IIRC she read his testimony (or watched the video), and read a few court papers. In the US and UK the same evaluations can often be 3 intensive interviews, collateral interviews with a subject's circle and others, with the rest of the investigation looking into past history, psychiatric and criminal, court papers, etc. Snap!
JMHOSNNFS,I,OR☯

Thank you !

However i just don't see someone like Roux not covering that angle.
Would the reason for not being assessed as part of preparing a defense be OP's will not to be tested ? ...or family getting involved and directing parts of the strategy ?

How do you see Roux not covering this as part of preparing the defense?

Well it could be that the judge determined that it's possible he really believed an intruder was about to attack him but he didn't react reasonably. Culpable homicide.

Which would imply that she completely discarded quite a few ear-witnesses , am i correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe