Juror questions for Alyce LaViolette: what is your opinion?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Based on the questions asked by the Jury of Alyce LaViolette how are you feeling?

• They are paying attention and completely get the state's case

Votes: 349 68.3%
  • They get it for the most part

Votes: 103 20.2%
  • They kind of get it: but I am still nervous

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • They are not buying the state's case and they benefit the defense

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Not sure/other

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
I'm absolutely thrilled with the juror questions asked of ALV. Thank you Schuby for posting them, real life interrupted by trial watching yesterday so I really appreciate your time in doing this.

A question I would like to see them ask:
"When you finally realize that JA and her DT have completely deceived you and in affect ruined your career, would you then concede that the defendant is evil and should immediately be put to death and her attorney's disbarred? :giggle:

I did not read responses..

I think they show that the jury does not believe Jodi's story and cannot believe that she does. I think it shows that she is being short sighted.

When she answered about how Jodi used to beat up her mom and they asked if she was a perpetrator and she would not call her that, when it is obvious, I think she lost more credibility.

I think she is showing herself to be biased and paid. Not an expert who truly believes what she is saying.

will the defense try to figure out which juror asked this question and try to get that juror kicked with some phony baloney garbage about juror misconduct

I have been wondering the same this morning. We know they are targeting jurors.

After reading the book by the jurors in the SP trial, I'm wondering if these jurors had to answer a lot of written questions during the selection process also. That leads me to wonder if the DT has access to them and could they target specific jurors by comparing their handwriting from other documents and jury questions. If so, some jurors definitely have a target on them this morning.

I'm sure they have a way in place to give a good guess as to which one submitted the question. They could have a system as simple as having a dedicated jury observer during testimony to note who submits a question and at what time.

Tell me I'm being a worrywort.

As one who watched the Anthony trial and cried at the heartbreaking acquittal, I was reluctant to even start watching this trial, because of the bitter after taste left by the jurors from Pinellas County. The State can have the best case in the world but in the end, the jury decides the fate of the accused.

So I am VERY relieved by these questions. This jury is no Pinellas 12! The questions are insightful and intelligent. To me, they say: We know the defense is a sham and we're calling you out on your role in it. I'm feeling more confident by the day that Justice will be served.

Justice for Travis!

Yup. That part definitely has me worried. What are the silent ones thinking? It just takes one or two. :sigh:

I tend to believe that the ones not asking questions don't need to hear any more of her biased opinions. Almost all of the questions asked seem to indicate skepticism in her evaluation. It seem unlikely that no jurors leaning toward defense would have asked any questions to ask confirming their opinion.

Hopefully Juan will find out if the State of Arizona paid for ALV to travel to her daughter's wedding since she brought that up twice in answering questions about when she met with JA.

I would be surprised if they actually unanimously voted for the DP. I think it is more likely she ends up with LWOP. It is hard to get a young woman onto Death Row.

I am hoping for LWOP. I do believe the crime deserves the DP. I just think the DP would be too good for her. Being locked up and everyone forgetting about her will be much worse.

Schuby...I think the question was:
"You testified that when conducting a couple assessment, family of origin of both parties is pursued. You pursued family of origin for Travis in assessing him as a perpetrator, however, why did you not assess Jodi's family of origin, considering Jodi as a possible perpetrator of abuse rather than as a victim."

Thanks for writing all this down!

Yeah, there were a couple where I was behind and didn't catch a few words, I tried to note that in the text if I could. Thanks!

I think the Jury had great questions and I think they get it. I also think that the questions that say "On such and such date...." are written by CEO...just a thought

I think the jurors questions show that they are really paying attention and not buying into ALV's extremely biased assessement. I am just a bit dissapointed that the question about her looking and smiling at Jodi did not really go far enough. Yes' there was something going on between them but there was also a lot of "non verbal communication" between ALV and JW. Her saying she didn't realise she was doing anything and that she was just looking at her friends is just rubbish as it is clear enough to see on camera. I also hated the way that she kept putting more little barbs in about Travis when she was answering a question. I hope the jurors continue with their questions. Unfortunately for ALV I dont think the penny has really dropped yet that she has done herself no favours with her one sided views and that taking on this case was a bad decision. Also think that her admitting she liked Jodi was a grave error on her part. I just hope that after the trial when she she sees the full picture she can admit to herself she make a hugh mistake but that will depend on just how blinkered she is.

I don't think they would refer to her as Ms Arias because they don't have enough respect for her to say that.

I would be surprised if they actually unanimously voted for the DP. I think it is more likely she ends up with LWOP. It is hard to get a young woman onto Death Row.

At the very least, I would hope the photos they've been shown would at least make them willing to consider the DP.

Did you notice that they didn't really address the "sex issues" that are rampant throughout the defense case? I think they're as tired of it as all of us! I'm hoping these questions were asked because the juror had an opinion and wanted to verify it, ai., the violence towards JA's mother. Being that quite a few of the jury are older gentlemen, I don't think that flies with them, no matter what the age of JA. They're looking at the whole picture, not just the behavior from 2007-2009 to 2011 which LVA wanted to specifically focus on.

I'm hedging and said they pretty much get it, but not 100% that they totally get it.

I'm so perplexed by everyone's great reviews of the jury questions.

I find the jurors' questions full of Jodi this & Jodi that. Few of them have "the defendant" or "Ms. Arias" but the majority seems to be on a 1st name basis with a butcher.

How do you vote for death for someone when you use their 1st name? I find that problematic.

Hope I'm way way super wrong but I don't have a good feeling about the ending of this trial. I'm starting to walk away.

I had the same feeling when the questions were being answered by ALV. I thought she came up with very clearly stated, (albeit erroneous,) answers to all of the questions yesterday that explain thoroughly "Jodi's side." Reading through the questions today I have a different, more hopeful reaction, perhaps because I'm not hearing the answers.

Maybe our response is due to the fact that the jury has been hearing ALV's theory for several days and is following along. When Juan gets his turn with his last witnesses hopefully the tide will shift in the right direction.

I do feel that the judge is prejudicial towards the defense. When asking some of the more probing questions of ALV that have a slant towards supporting the prosecution, she looks disgusted and a few times she actually seemed to slam the offensive question down on her desk. Anyone else pick up on this?

Yes, it does seem so at times, But - I think that the reason is because of all the antics the defense attys and JODI are playing has her fed up. I noticed yesterday she was really staring at Jodi a lot, we do not know what has been going on behind those closed chamber doors.

I think the fact a member of the jury payed close enough attention to ask this question is very telling. I agree, her answer was rubbish. Also insulting I think to the juror who asked. They know what they saw and for her to downplay it as if she was looking at her friends. Also would make them wonder why she thinks its acceptable to bring your fan club from elementary school to watch you testify in a very serious death penalty case. ya know.

Also what i like about knowing they are indeed watching the defense table. They must be picking up on the dirty looks JA is giving to Juan and others in the gallery, along with the eye rolls, and just her general "confident and smarter than all" attitude.

I think the jurors questions show that they are really paying attention and not buying into ALV's extremely biased assessement. I am just a bit dissapointed that the question about her looking and smiling at Jodi did not really go far enough. Yes' there was something going on between them but there was also a lot of "non verbal communication" between ALV and JW. Her saying she didn't realise she was doing anything and that she was just looking at her friends is just rubbish as it is clear enough to see on camera.

Thanks for posting all the questions. I think the jury is doing great with the questions. One of my favorites was about the magazines and JA wrote messages in them etc. I loved it cause it tells me they havnt forgot the little... but important things! and the secret codes shows she is still manipulating people from jail. very important.
The little things really do add up! They are so important because they show that she IS manipulative and that she is still trying to lie and cover her tracks.

As an aside, I'd love it if the jurors knew about this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-Martinez-vertically-challenged-target.html

I have transcribed the jury questions from today that I can send to anyone who wants them or I'm happy to post them if someone will give a greenie some pointers!

I have transcribed the jury questions from today that I can send to anyone who wants them or I'm happy to post them if someone will give a greenie some pointers!

Oh boy! Thank you MrsWilco. They should be posted here: *graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's the sticky (no discussion) link for this case...all the important stuff goes there so that it is easy to refer to.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS! Those of us who can't watch and can't keep up with the thread are able to find all the details there. You rock!

Also...WELCOME to WS!

Oh boy! Thank you MrsWilco. They should be posted here: *graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's the sticky (no discussion) link for this case...all the important stuff goes there so that it is easy to refer to.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS! Those of us who can't watch and can't keep up with the thread are able to find all the details there. You rock!

Also...WELCOME to WS!
Thanks!

77. Please explain why you feel Jodi is not manipulative, either before or after the killing, based on the review of statements and interviews.

78. On the one side, we have demeaning, multiple verbal slurs, a slap, a shove, a choke hold, and a lunge perpetrated on Jodi. On the other, we have a gunshot to the head, a 4 inch deep slit throat, and close to 30 stab wounds delivered by Jodi to Travis. Is not the perpetrator of the greatest domestic violence Jodi?

79. In the hypothetical given by Mr. Martinez about it being possible Travis was the one who told Jodi he wanted her to leave, if that were true, then isn’t it likely Travis never hit her that day?

80. When Jodi went to confront Bianca about being with Matt McCartney, can’t that be seen as she did it because she was jealous?

81. Jodi went through Travis’ emails, text messages and his inbox of his Myspace page. Did you take any of that into consideration when making your assessment?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back