Jurors names to be released on or after 10/25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry I know many people on here love Ashton, but he did alot of his own expression throughout the trail. He laughed, rolled his eyes, and let the jury know how he felt about the defense. I don't think Casey was told by the judge she couldn't react but I do remember many people in the media commenting on how expressionless she was in front of the jury.

On the same token, I recall Mr. Baez visibly yawning during the prosecution's closing arguments as well. Is there a difference? I think both sides 'played a bit of that game', as happens in most every jury trial.

On the same token, I recall Mr. Baez visibly yawning during the prosecution's closing arguments as well. Is there a difference? I think both sides 'played a bit of that game', as happens in most every jury trial.

I agree with your opinion, both did IMO. If one is to be punished for it, both should IMO

That was the point I was trying to make in my reply, they all showed expressions and their feelings at certain points in the trail, not just Casey and JB.

I am sorry I know many people on here love Ashton, but he did alot of his own expression throughout the trail. He laughed, rolled his eyes, and let the jury know how he felt about the defense. I don't think Casey was told by the judge she couldn't react but I do remember many people in the media commenting on how expressionless she was in front of the jury.

JA was nothing compared to the defense camp. JBP should have taken them all to task before it got so out of hand. It was JBP's courtroom and he didn't enforce his own rules.

FCA played to the jury every day. She visibly shook her head no, said 'no, said 'that's not true', and many other things in front of the jury. I'm not relying on the media, I'm relying on what I saw with my own eyes. I watched the camera that was fixed on her. She put on quite a show.

IMO

JA was nothing compared to the defense camp. JBP should have taken them all to task before it got so out of hand. It was JBP's courtroom and he didn't enforce his own rules.

FCA played to the jury every day. She visibly shook her head no, said 'no, said 'that's not true', and many other things in front of the jury. I'm not relying on the media, I'm relying on what I saw with my own eyes. I watched the camera that was fixed on her. She put on quite a show.

IMO

JMO they all did.

I agree she did not. Sorry I meant JA, JB, CA. All should be treated the same imo, but I would be very sad if JA was punished. JMO

I agree and I would be sad if JA got punished but if that's what it would have taken to stop FCA playing it up for the jury then so be it. One juror said she seemed sincere. Considering he only heard her cussing out her family and refusing to talk to them about Caylee, how else would he have gotten that impression. The brainiac fell for FCA's theatrics. I put the blame squarely on JBP.

LDB showed great restraint as well as JA. Yes JA slipped up a few times but I just can't compare the two---they are worlds apart. Honestly I'm not sure I could have kept a straight face listening to the stories JB was telling. I mean come on, it was laughable and defies logic.

IMO

Both sides made facially expressions repeatedly and both should have been punished. I'd guess it was already so much of a circus atmosphere that HHJP didnt want to add to it. Good move? Bad move?

"Judge Belvin Perry said in an order Tuesday that releasing the names of jurors "makes a mockery" of Florida's privacy law, especially in high-profile cases where jurors' may receive threats because of their verdict."

I completely disagree with JBP.

Laws were broken under his watch in that courtroom and perjury will not be persued. His courtroom rooms were broken every day by the defendant and her attorneys while he did NOTHING. Before he starts throwing the words 'mockery of justice' around he better look at himself in the mirror.

He rushed jury selection along and 'rehabilitated' people who should have never been on there in the first place. He threatened to go to the homeless camp and pick a jury from there in his rush to seat a jury.
No accounting ever took place for the 200k from ABC paid to FCA for pictures after she was declared indigent. The public picked up the tab for a supposed accident.

I don't want to hear anything from him now.

IMO
I completely agree with you, especially the bolded parts...

I agree and I would be sad if JA got punished but if that's what it would have taken to stop FCA playing it up for the jury then so be it. One juror said she seemed sincere. Considering he only heard her cussing out her family and refusing to talk to them about Caylee, how else would he have gotten that impression. The brainiac fell for FCA's theatrics. I put the blame squarely on JBP.

LDB showed great restraint as well as JA. Yes JA slipped up a few times but I just can't compare the two---they are worlds apart. Honestly I'm not sure I could have kept a straight face listening to the stories JB was telling. I mean come on, it was laughable and defies logic. IMO

bbm, I understand why you feel that way, but in a court room, it is not acceptable, regardless of who does it, ime/imo

It's tough to consider laws, I get that, free speech is one some think of, not relevant, grand jury members, lawyers, doctors, etc etc, precedent is set. Not acceptable IMO/IME

bbm, I understand why you feel that way, but in a court room, it is not acceptable, regardless of who does it, ime/imo

It's tough to consider laws, I get that, free speech is one some think of, not relevant, grand jury members, lawyers, doctors, etc etc, precedent is set. Not acceptable IMO/IME

yet day after day after day nothing was ever done. a lot of bark but no bite. it should have been stopped by both sides right away. this trial was show and all the players happily played to the camera.

i love JA. it must have been damn near impossible to listen to the DTs lies but im sure if he was told after the first expression to stop he would have. JB rolled his eyes so much while in full frontal view of the jury, did the gun to head thing, clicked his pen why making mocking faces, DCS was embracing FCA hugging, patting and cradling this small girl in her tiny chair to make her seem sympathetic, CM always with the touching too. casey's daily testifying, it was all too much and should have been stopped ASAP.

I understand why HHJP believes he needs to protect the jurors. I did find it odd that he quoted a news story in reference to the juror who quit her job and moved . We don't know if she was threatened ,or was just too embarrassed to go back to that job. I thought HH would actually get in touch with the jurors concerning this issues,but in the response it sounds like he's basing knowledge of any threats from media reports.

I also take exception with his description of trials becoming entertainment "soap operas". The public learns a lot about the way our justice system operates when we get to watch all of the proceedings. In THIS case,it was the DT and the Anthony's who turned it into a soap opera . JMO

yet day after day after day nothing was ever done. a lot of bark but no bite. it should have been stopped by both sides right away. this trial was show and all the players happily played to the camera.

i love JA. it must have been damn near impossible to listen to the DTs lies but im sure if he was told after the first expression to stop he would have. JB rolled his eyes so much while in full frontal view of the jury, did the gun to head thing, clicked his pen why making mocking faces, DCS was embracing FCA hugging, patting and cradling this small girl in her tiny chair to make her seem sympathetic, CM always with the touching too. casey's daily testifying, it was all too much and should have been stopped ASAP.

ITA . The DT was far more demonstrative, and even though JA requested HHJP to put a stop to it,he didn't. I don't recall watching any other trial that had the DT putting their arms around a client .

Here we go with the "the public is crazy" nonsense. NO acts of violence have happened to anyone known to be on the jury or to the defense team or FCA. Why keep perpetrating this fallacy? I don't understand it.

Besides, if the names haven't been released how are the jurors getting threats? No one knows who they are except that #3 and I'm surprised she didn't give her address too.

I'm not sure I understand this post. If one of the jurors had been attacked, it would be ok to not release their names? Some of the jurors have received death threats which, IMO, warrants not releasing their names until after a cool down period. I'm glad that HHJP is doing this.

I really don't understand why some people want to know their names. What benefit could that possibly serve?

I don't think one juror has received a threat. How could they...no one knows who they are! Number 3 might say she has received threats just to get attention but I doubt that anyone else has. Ya have to know a person's name before you can send them a threat or call them...right??????

Personally, I don't care what their names are - I'm so disgusted by them, it's not like I respect their opinion or want to hear anything else from them.

That actually hurts me to say, as I've always been a firm believer that our justice system is the best. (However, it isn't perfect.)

Nope, I don't have a need to know who they are; I hope they are NOT taunted by press or others. My hope is that in the future, they learn more of what they didn't pay attention to and regret their lack of critical thinking during deliberations.

JMO, etc.

I don't think one juror has received a threat. How could they...no one knows who they are! Number 3 might say she has received threats just to get attention but I doubt that anyone else has. Ya have to know a person's name before you can send them a threat or call them...right??????

Before they were ever picked, both the DT and State had their names and addresses. Each prospective juror was researched for on-line activities, criminal records, etc. These jurors that have jobs - their employer and co-workers knew they were on jury duty. Neighbors, friends and families knew they were on the jury. I am sure the press was tipped as to who some of them were. I just hope they are left alone and not hassled but, figure each juror and alternate had people who knew who they were.

Both sides made facially expressions repeatedly and both should have been punished. I'd guess it was already so much of a circus atmosphere that HHJP didnt want to add to it. Good move? Bad move?

He let the defense slide because he didn't want to allow anything that had the tiniest chance of causing reversible error. At least that's how it seemed to me. Hence, the defense is allowed the demonstrations while the state is not.

Honestly, if there's any reason I wish the state had not pursued the death penalty, it's because I think this had a profound influence on the way HHJP ran this trial. In addition to being overly concerned with scheduling, he refused peremptory strikes by the state, citing the racial makeup of the jury as a possible point for appeal. I feel he allowed some jurors to be seated that were by their own admission not qualified to sit on this case. When a potential juror tells you they do not believe in the death penalty and you practically have to beg them to reconsider, then it's time to dismiss them for cause, not pat yourself on the back for sticking to your schedule.

While I think JP has little respect for JB as an attorney, I'm starting to believe he was more interested in preserving his record of zero reversals than in holding the defense to their obligations as court officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member