Jurors names to be released on or after 10/25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, if the names haven't been released how are the jurors getting threats? No one knows who they are except that #3 and I'm surprised she didn't give her address too.

Speaking of Juror #3, I hope she remembered to have her photo taken with Goofy and Dumbo on that junket to Disney World. :crazy:

Don't care if their names are released or not. Just as long as they crawl back under their rocks and understand the complete contempt that most Americans feel for them. I agree with the restaurateur who took out the ad likening their collective IQ to that of a salad bar. And the subsequent interviews that several members of the jury granted served as nothing more than confirmation.

Casey's "sincere" body language as a basis for acquital?? Laughable. Pitiable, almost. But not quite.

I honestly don't care. I'm not the one who has to live with their decision and think about it for the rest of their lives.

I understand why HHJP believes he needs to protect the jurors. I did find it odd that he quoted a news story in reference to the juror who quit her job and moved . We don't know if she was threatened ,or was just too embarrassed to go back to that job. I thought HH would actually get in touch with the jurors concerning this issues,but in the response it sounds like he's basing knowledge of any threats from media reports.

I also take exception with his description of trials becoming entertainment "soap operas". The public learns a lot about the way our justice system operates when we get to watch all of the proceedings. In THIS case,it was the DT and the Anthony's who turned it into a soap opera . JMO
I had thought for a long time...actually got the distinct impression...that someone was going to go after the Sunshine Law...but thought it would be someone on the DT. Never in a million years did I think it was going to be JP. I do take offense to his referring to this trial as entertainment (in a backwards sort of way)...no one seems to remember that this was case was about the murder of a little girl, Caylee Marie. That's what kept most of the public riveted...no one could understand how a mother could go without reporting her own daughter missing for 31 days...and I think even the majority here can attest to that as well.

Personally, I don't care what their names are - I'm so disgusted by them, it's not like I respect their opinion or want to hear anything else from them.

That actually hurts me to say, as I've always been a firm believer that our justice system is the best. (However, it isn't perfect.)

Nope, I don't have a need to know who they are; I hope they are NOT taunted by press or others. My hope is that in the future, they learn more of what they didn't pay attention to and regret their lack of critical thinking during deliberations.

JMO, etc.
I'm seriously worried about their karma. I don't think they have anyone in particular to fear, but karma has a way of biting one in the proverbial b*tt!

ITA . The DT was far more demonstrative, and even though JA requested HHJP to put a stop to it,he didn't. I don't recall watching any other trial that had the DT putting their arms around a client .

They definitely were allowed to work their con to it's fullest extent. Referring to her as a child, etc. It was an abomination.

"Judge Belvin Perry said in an order Tuesday that releasing the names of jurors "makes a mockery" of Florida's privacy law, especially in high-profile cases where jurors' may receive threats because of their verdict."

I completely disagree with JBP.

Laws were broken under his watch in that courtroom and perjury will not be persued. His courtroom rooms were broken every day by the defendant and her attorneys while he did NOTHING. Before he starts throwing the words 'mockery of justice' around he better look at himself in the mirror.

He rushed jury selection along and 'rehabilitated' people who should have never been on there in the first place. He threatened to go to the homeless camp and pick a jury from there in his rush to seat a jury. No accounting ever took place for the 200k from ABC paid to FCA for pictures after she was declared indigent. The public picked up the tab for a supposed accident.

I don't want to hear anything from him now.

IMO

:goodpost:

Apparently this judge believes his feelings and fears trump the constitution and law.

Hopefully the people of florida throw this clown out at the first opportunity.

I had thought for a long time...actually got the distinct impression...that someone was going to go after the Sunshine Law...but thought it would be someone on the DT. Never in a million years did I think it was going to be JP. I do take offense to his referring to this trial as entertainment (in a backwards sort of way)...no one seems to remember that this was case was about the murder of a little girl, Caylee Marie. That's what kept most of the public riveted...no one could understand how a mother could go without reporting her own daughter missing for 31 days...and I think even the majority here can attest to that as well.

ITA The outcome of the trial was bad enough. I don't need TH's telling us why we were so interested in the proceedings. Yesterday TH's agreed we the public were so interested was because Casey was so attractive. Duh!
What about the innocent little girl who was murdered and thrown in a garbage dump and her mother wouldn't cooperate with LE? Does that ever enter their heads? :maddening:

ITA The outcome of the trial was bad enough. I don't need TH's telling us why we were so interested in the proceedings. Yesterday TH's agreed we the public were so interested was because Casey was so attractive. Duh!
What about the innocent little girl who was murdered and thrown in a garbage dump and her mother wouldn't cooperate with LE? Does that ever enter their heads? :maddening:

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, there are a lot of innocent children that are murdered and nobody gives them a fraction of the attention that this case got. Why is that? Do we blame the media for not highlighting this stuff? I mean, who wants to see that kind of news every single day?

I have never been called for jury duty or served on a jury before. Personally, I hope to never be on one.

I value my privacy. I didn't even know that there was a chance juror names could be released until this case. So finding that out pretty much sealed me NEVER wanting to serve on a jury.

What would happen if I found a gang member or drug dealer guilty and his friends or family came after me? Or a hated person of the community not guilty and his haters came after me? IMO...I believe there are very unstable people in this world that are very passionate about their beliefs. Passionate enough to inflict harm on others.

As far as the jury went....both sides agreed on the jury members. Well, all except #4 but I haven't heard anything that makes me believe that she was the "reason" for the not guilty verdict. I seem to remember Ms. Ford during jury selection. I was yelling at the state to get rid of her b/c she really wanted on the jury. They didn't. I don't even remember them trying to get rid of her. Maybe the state needs a better jury consultant.

Just my opinion.

Speaking of Juror #3, I hope she remembered to have her photo taken with Goofy and Dumbo on that junket to Disney World. :crazy:

How did the media get her name? She claims they were waiting for her on her return home. Also she was talking on Wednesday about ABC treating herself and family to Disney. How did that happen so fast when no one but defense and the State had their names????? jmo

I have never been called for jury duty or served on a jury before. Personally, I hope to never be on one.

I value my privacy. I didn't even know that there was a chance juror names could be released until this case. So finding that out pretty much sealed me NEVER wanting to serve on a jury.

What would happen if I found a gang member or drug dealer guilty and his friends or family came after me? Or a hated person of the community not guilty and his haters came after me? IMO...I believe there are very unstable people in this world that are very passionate about their beliefs. Passionate enough to inflict harm on others.

As far as the jury went....both sides agreed on the jury members. Well, all except #4 but I haven't heard anything that makes me believe that she was the "reason" for the not guilty verdict. I seem to remember Ms. Ford during jury selection. I was yelling at the state to get rid of her b/c she really wanted on the jury. They didn't. I don't even remember them trying to get rid of her. Maybe the state needs a better jury consultant.

Just my opinion.

I totally understand how you feel. I am hopeful that the Senator who wants to change the laws makes it happen.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, there are a lot of innocent children that are murdered and nobody gives them a fraction of the attention that this case got. Why is that? Do we blame the media for not highlighting this stuff? I mean, who wants to see that kind of news every single day?

I'll take a stab at this...

I can't ever remember reading about a mother that went about her business without ever reporting her child 'missing'. That, in and of itself, was riveting. The infamous 31 days. The manner in which the mother casually described the alleged kidnapping and how she looked for her on her own in clubs and bars. The ever evolving story - how she left her child on the steps of the Sawgrass apartments - uh, no... maybe she was taken by force in Blanchard Park, etc. The calm and yet persistent manner in which she lied and lied and lied some more even when thoroughly painted into the corner.

Then, of course, there is her bizarre family. Who behaved in a manner totally opposite from other victims of like crimes. Who, to this day, keep themselves in the headlines with their ongoing antics.

Throw Baez and Company into the mix. Who was against a gag order because he enjoys his notoriety and loves having his smirky, smarmy face on television. Yet complained daily about the excessive media coverage and how his poor client was being tried by the media/public.

These are but a few reasons and just scratches the surface of why this case garnered the attention it does.

IMO

How did the media get her name? She claims they were waiting for her on her return home. Also she was talking on Wednesday about ABC treating herself and family to Disney. How did that happen so fast when no one but defense and the State had their names????? jmo

Before they left Orlando each juror was handed a "press kit" with contact information for any Network that was interested in doing an interview. More than likely, she's the one who picked ABC, not the other way around.

I think to assume that Ms. Anthony's attractiveness is the reason this case captured such a high level of attention is to take an oversimplified view of the situation. Yes, I'll agree it's a factor, but the whole saga....Ms. Anthony's bizarre behavior (31 days, anyone?), her more than prolific lying, the multitude of over-the-top dramatic displays by Anthony family members, the um...'colorful cast of characters', the fact that it occurred in the city that contains "the happiest place in the world" (according to Disney), the many twists and turns of the whole thing....I could go on, but you get the point. Bottom line, it ALL adds up to a h*ll of a fascinating story. Such a shame it's not fiction.

I'm sure many family members/friends/neighbors/work colleagues/bosses, etc. knew they had been selected for this jury...many ways for those names to have gotten out without having been 'formally released'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper