***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll get LWOP. One appeal and done. Better for family of Theresa. And no DP activists to take his case.

And i don't think his family should see the girls as early on Bonnie was doing the sneaky stuff with them for Mark to get messages. If they still believe in his innocence, or that he was JUSTIFIED in doing it to 'protect the girls' , they will play that up to the girls AND talk bad about their mother.
Supervised visitations will probably happen re the paternal side. They have an outside agency that is facilitating things. IMO

He'll get LWOP. One appeal and done. Better for family of Theresa. And no DP activists to take his case.

And i don't think his family should see the girls as early on Bonnie was doing the sneaky stuff with them for Mark to get messages. If they still believe in his innocence, or that he was JUSTIFIED in doing it to 'protect the girls' , they will play that up to the girls AND talk bad about their mother.

I didn't know about the sneaky stuff she was doing to get them messages. Today makes much more sense after hearing that.

Well LWOP or DP are the only options available.
Correct. I can honestly say I don’t care. I want the jury to do whatever they are comfortable living with. I’ve been on a jury with high stakes so I totally understand the weight of making this decision. I predict it will be LWOP but who knows.

One reason it doesn’t matter to me is because to someone like Mark, LWOP is every bit as severe a punishment as death. This isn’t Jimmy Rodgers ( “in Missouri that’s 15-20 and I’m okay with that”). Prior to the guilty verdicts being read, Mark seriously thought he was headed home in a few days. He truly believed that. He thought that was going to be his last week he would be incarcerated. He appears to still be processing the permanence & gravity of his situation.

Correct. I can honestly say I don’t care. I want the jury to do whatever they are comfortable living with. I’ve been on a jury with high stakes so I totally understand the weight of making this decision. I predict it will be LWOP but who knows.

One reason it doesn’t matter to me is because to someone like Mark, LWOP is every bit as severe a punishment as death. This isn’t Jimmy Rodgers ( “in Missouri that’s 15-20 and I’m okay with that”). Prior to the guilty verdicts being read, Mark seriously thought he was headed home in a few days. He truly believed that. He thought that was going to be his last week he would be incarcerated. He appears to still be processing the permanence & gravity of his situation.

I agree. Vinnie Politan kept arguing with lawyers on CTV saying that the jury isn’t responsible for his death, they are just following the law, so they shouldn’t feel responsible for any of it. But I do think regardless some of them will still carry a burden of their decision with them, no matter what.

I’m for the DP, would be a real ‘psychological SLAP’ in the face for him. BUT considering how long he’d sit on DR with appeals, possible activist groups speaking up for him, not to mention a tasty last meal of his choice... LWOP seems to be a more miserable ongoing time among the general population perils he will face.

I liked what the state’s Hunter said about how Mark was “super dad” and would “do anything to protect his children”.... as I’m remembering Mark’s conversation with CWW about how the girls would be in danger if TS took the girls and left him. Yeah... MS sure would “do anything to protect his children”, even kill their mom if necessary.

I hope they don’t go there. He lost custody of his girls for a good reason. He was denied jail visitation for good reason. His brother lost his petition for guardianship for good reason. The family court records concerning all those hearing are sealed but, suffice it to say, it would be the height of hypocrisy for him to attempt to paint himself as a good father.
Indeed.

A good father does not murder the mother of his children.

I’m for the DP, would be a real ‘psychological SLAP’ in the face for him. BUT considering how long he’d sit on DR with appeals, possible activist groups speaking up for him, not to mention a tasty last meal of his choice... LWOP seems to be a more miserable ongoing time among the general population perils he will face.

I liked what the state’s Hunter said about how Mark was “super dad” and would “do anything to protect his children”.... as I’m remembering Mark’s conversation with CWW about how the girls would be in danger if TS took the girls and left him. Yeah... MS sure would “do anything to protect his children”, even kill their mom if necessary.

Yes, the psychological slap in the face is why I hope they come back with death. I think they will.

I don’t think the girls have had any visitation with dads family since he lost contact privileges. I remember way back the Judge halted calls and all visits because of coded words/letters, German spoken and written with the help of grandma. this was with an outside monitoring service. There might be monitored calls with MS mom again but she may have to apply etc since she violated the trust and rules earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w