Justin Billings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there needs to be a literal timeline drafted up for the movements and statements/communications of Justin, based on ex-girlfriends statements, Ashley's and April's separate phone calls, Justin's own outbound voice and text telecoms, as well as LE known facts and media information available in public domain, and of course Clear's and his Grand parents statements.

Even though there is some very odd sounding chronology (ex-GF being told by Justin that parents were 'hit', multiple gun shots to head, safe stolen BEFORE he even got to scene?), it is clear to me that at least SOME of the confusion is from imprecise co-mingling of text,phone, personal conversations, overlaid with public info, and even later facts innocently and thoughtlessly glommed on top after the fact.

For instance, it was during a face to face w/ex-GF mom at a retail store that Justin made the $3,000 protection statement, *then* GF picked up on it, even while Justin was NOT giving same story to police. When confronted, Justin says he was just playing big man... which is plausible, given his own braggart psyche (not a whole lot different than a young Pat Poff, I would surmise).. this is going to take some untangling to see if there really is incriminating a-priori facts coming out of Justin that only someone with guilty knowledge could have known. Again, the press and the Sheriff were *fast* on getting info out on the air waves...

BTW, this may seem off topic, but I want to get it out there -feel free to speak up if you see it differently:

1) There has been much said here regarding Morgan's various statements on whether this was likely to be a 'straight' robbery ONLY, or a 'contract killing PRIMARILY, or (as I think is actually the case) a very messy amalgam of varying and not clearly articulated interests - some thinking robbery, some thinking revenge, ONE thinking of burnishing his reputation as a 'cool' contract killer, doing a huge 'favor' for powerful men who wanted BB gone... in any event, if on such a complex case, with as many threads, as many suspects ,and as rapid a 'round-up' of the major direct principals... well, I'd say hats off! IF there is sleuthing value to exploring more, go for it, but IMHO, dissecting the statements to try to show incompetence or wrongful behavior by Sheriff office is simply foolish, IMHO -- and I have no ax to grind, not from area myself)

2) In one of the interviews in particular, one of Stallworth's co-workers in AC130 gunship maintenance, the poor LE interviewer is clearly out of his element technically, as well as being apparently just plain worn out from back to back activities and interviews that stretched over many days. He just can't get the hang of it -- wandering from 'weapons system' perhaps meaning a side arm (nope), to these guys being like pilots (nope) to being on the airplane during combat (nope), etc. Fortunately, the interviewee picks up on this and clearly tries to assist and clarify, but what if this were an unfriendly interviewee who would be very glad if misconception/misunderstanding by LE led the questions into the weeds and unproductive areas...? Generally, I am not criticizing at all, just pointing out that these HUMANS did what looks to be a huge amount of leg work, with few obvious mistakes (like cataloging some evidence, late giving of receipts, etc) so far.

I was thinking the same thing, but I remembered a news report that said the suspects were surprised to hear the video wasnt' turned off.

Maybe the ninja garb was for the benefit of the suspects who thought they were there only for a robbery.

Even without a camera, they wouldnt' have wanted to be identified. They were thinking the Billingses would be alive afterwards.

true - I didn't think of that. I'm sure the guys there were surprised when LPG started shooting.

Interesting that Justin, on his Myspace, is complaining that he can't go to basic until October now. I don't know how long that has been there... but if my parents were just murdered in such a horrible way I don't think I would be able to function, let alone ***** that I had to change my plans in some way??

The family gets a lawyer from the start. The lawyer was present for the opening of the remaining safe. But Justin doesnt' ask for a lawyer when he clearly is being questioned as a suspect. I think Justin is very immature 20 year old.

I can't hold it against him when he said he didnt' talk to her when he texted her. LE did say to be honest. He very well could have been trying to be as honest as possible. Even the Colorado crap could be true. He could have honestly been asking around, trying to solve the murders himself, and someone told him that.

Dont' know. All I know is that it's not looking good for Justin.

Agreed in that this is a very immature kid. Something that has crossed my mind is how much we can really take from a 20 year old being grilled by detectives so soon after the murder of his parents. I feel certain LE will get to the bottom of whether or not Justin is involved. Not so sure we'll ever find out the truth in a lot of other aspects of this case though.

The fact he was vague is strange too. In another part of an interview when he is discussing a different vehicle with LE, he brags about knowing vehicles because his father is in the car business. If he knows vehicles so well, why was he so vague about the red vehicle. He couldnt' say anything about it except that it was red. Even if he hadn't really noticed the vehicle, he would know remembered it vividly after seeing it on the surveillance videos if that's what sparked his memory. He'd be like "I SAW THAT VAN!!!!" but it didnt' go down like that.

and my 2 cents,the van is very recognizable, odd for that type to be around a mansion.........and zooming by, Justin never thought it to be 'out of place'?

As far as interviewing the grandparents, I imagine they have - there is much more evidence not yet released, I'm sure. I agree that Sheriff Morgan has done a terrific job - and he seems fearless. Not all people would be willing to go up against mafia-related thugs.
As for Justin, I agree that he's an immature 20 yr old with lots of issues. Is he involved? Does he feel guilty for his love/hate relationship with his parents and for the resentment he had regarding his other mother, and siblings? Who was he closest to? Was there another person who had the same access to security system and safes?

O/T, I know this thread is about Justin, but nothing yet for (Mike, Kristen)
Could these children ruled by controlling parents and bad business deals feel the only way out was get rid of parents? Found nuts that wanted to rob? and Jr crazy enough to kill?
ONLY Ashley and Blue want to carry on the "FAMILY BUSINESS & KIDS"
just talking out loud.........any thoughts?

O/T, I know this thread is about Justin, but nothing yet for (Mike, Kristen)
Could these children ruled by controlling parents and bad business deals feel the only way out was get rid of parents? Found nuts that wanted to rob? and Jr crazy enough to kill?
ONLY Ashley and Blue want to carry on the "FAMILY BUSINESS & KIDS"
just talking out loud.........any thoughts?

Yes, I have *some* thoughts, all IMHO, of course!

Having recently fought with parents and moved out on their own, and struggling economically, it looks like Kristen and Hubby were very much on LE minds early, and the interviews were pretty tough on chronology, BUT they rapidly looked to be internally consistent, and made sense, dovetailed with each other and independent information, and also apparently, they had right expressions of grief, other emotions and communications were in line with normal behavior. Reading between the lines, I think Kristen and Hubby are totally cleared.

Perhaps Kristen is cleared, but we haven't read anything about/from Mike yet. From what I understand, he was estranged.

Maybe he has a good alibi and there was no reason to question him.

btw, I'm not so sure Kristen is married to her boyfriend. She only moved out to live with him recently. If she's married, it was a quicky wedding.

I am also curious about Mike. Does anyone know anything about him like his age, occupation, marital status? Was it printed somewhere that he came to Pensacola after the death of his parents, but returned to Tampa before the funeral as the result of fear?

At the time of the murders, Justin lived on the property in a trailer. He only recently moved there sometime since May.

April Spencer said the dogs mysteriously disappeared prior to the murders. Just thought that was interesting and worth mentioning.

Kinda makes you wonder if maybe those dogs weren't inside Justin's trailer, doesn't it?

Was it printed somewhere that he came to Pensacola after the death of his parents, but returned to Tampa before the funeral as the result of fear?

Yes.

Michael Billings, the 44-year-old son of Byrd Billings from a previous marriage, lives in Indian Shores.

He said he went to Pensacola after the murders but returned to his home after just a few hours. He said he won't be going to the couple's funeral.

"I didn't feel safe there," he said

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1018810.ece?comments=legacy

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought he was strange.

The cut hand does bother me, as well as the picture that LPGJr received of the safe. Who else could/would have sent that to him???

Bolded by me..

Lonnie said that the picture of the safe was of a black safe. According to the news reports, the small safe that was taken was a tan one and the other larger safe that was not taken was green.

1) There has been much said here regarding Morgan's various statements on whether this was likely to be a 'straight' robbery ONLY, or a 'contract killing PRIMARILY, or (as I think is actually the case) a very messy amalgam of varying and not clearly articulated interests - some thinking robbery, some thinking revenge, ONE thinking of burnishing his reputation as a 'cool' contract killer, doing a huge 'favor' for powerful men who wanted BB gone... in any event, if on such a complex case, with as many threads, as many suspects ,and as rapid a 'round-up' of the major direct principals... well, I'd say hats off! IF there is sleuthing value to exploring more, go for it, but IMHO, dissecting the statements to try to show incompetence or wrongful behavior by Sheriff office is simply foolish, IMHO -- and I have no ax to grind, not from area myself)

I have no ax to grind either. I think that overall the investigation has been a good one, though I have seen some pretty big mistakes. One of the biggest mistakes, IMO, was this announcement:

Sheriff's spokesman Ted Roy said Tuesday that investigators only considered a contract hit as a possibility for “a fleeting second during the initial phase of the investigation.”

“Could it still be a motive? I guess it could, but someone else other than the investigators assigned to the Billings case will have to investigate it because investigators working the Billings case sure don't believe so,” he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/22/crimesider/entry5179371.shtml

I would certainly like to know why Ted Roy made that statement. Were they trying to catch someone off guard? Give someone a false sense of security? Somehow, I don't think that the people who ordered this hit are so stupid. But I could be wrong, I suppose.

I wonder what would have happend if Rick Outzen had not insisted that it was a hit? Would the investigation have progressed as it has? I think Rick has played a powerful role in the progession of this case. The Sheriff's has done a fine job, but my hat is off to Rick.

Interesting that Justin, on his Myspace, is complaining that he can't go to basic until October now. I don't know how long that has been there... but if my parents were just murdered in such a horrible way I don't think I would be able to function, let alone ***** that I had to change my plans in some way??

That's a good point. If it were my parents, I'd want to be available to help LE, not to mention being in a horrible state of mind & being able to function well.

There are many inconsistencies in Justin's statements.

The closer I parse it, the more I see.

I would certainly like to know why Ted Roy made that statement. Were they trying to catch someone off guard? Give someone a false sense of security? Somehow, I don't think that the people who ordered this hit are so stupid. But I could be wrong, I suppose.
That statement came out the day after the Sheriff said they were investigating the possibility of a contract hit. Immediately following, the Billings' attorney started protecting the reputation of the family. I remember it clearly because it SEEMED like pressure from the Billings' attorney caused the Sheriff's office to retract what the Sheriff said the previous day. I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm just saying that's how it SEEMED at the time. And that very moment is what peeked my interest enough in this case to ultimately find this website.

Interesting that the Billings were shot in their bedroom... I wonder who all knew that that room was the only room without a camera.

Maybe Justin wasn't supposed to shut off the cameras, but instead gave out info that would prevent them from being detected. Hence the ninja garb - they wouldn't have needed it if they thought the cameras would be off.

They needed the garb because the children were NOT going to be hurt, whether they saw the perps or not, IMO. Both LPG and JB would have that concern since LPG actually worked with kids in his "other life".
To answer the question about the bedroom and no camera, it would be someone familiar with THIS security system. Camera angles are individually accessed and as LE has indicated, this was a very sophisticated system. Most likely it was password protected at various levels, possibly including camera access.
As for JB being "immature", I'm not even considering that excuse. I thought it was incredibly illuminating when JB said he had might have fireworks residue on his hands and he "purposely" did not wash his hands. JB is no "child", he's been in on repos and he's been shot at and it makes absolutely no sense that he knows "nothing" about what his Dad does, considering he's worked in the nuts and bolts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back