JVM 7-6 ZFG files defamation suit against KC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe media pays for interviews and those that were done were with her counsel right there. I don't think she was paid, nor would her attorney have accepted payment in lieu of their lawsuit. Morgan and Morgan saw the writing on the wall and knew there was money coming in down the road. Prediction being JB would make sure of it. jmo

No, there were many interviews, including one she did from her motel room, where her attorney was not present.

She was all over the place, all cleaned up to look like a respectable citizen, totally different from her initial appearances. I have no links to show that she was paid for interviews but it doesn't seem to me that we can accuse everyone else who has done the media rounds of being paid while at the same timing believing this woman, who needed money desperately, was not.

I believe that ZG has done nothing wrong other than hold down a job she is qualified to do. Cleaning motel rooms may not be on the top of the best job on the market list but it is a respectable job. Someone has to do the work and ZG went to work daily (unlike KC who lived off her parents claiming to have a faux job). There is nothing disrespectful about ZG. July in Florida ZG was first filmed (I believe) in a tank top and was sweating. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

Morgan and Morgan took her case. That speaks volumes. jmo

At 9:53 Morgan says ZFG was not working, was between jobs, when this happened:

http://www.wftv.com/video/17549823/index.html

Still looking for the link to the job offers.

I've seen this before but I listened to it again and, just as I recalled, Mr. Morgan says nothing about job offers pouring in - to the contrary, he points out how difficult a time ZFG is having finding employment.

ETA: Sorry - Just saw your comment about looking for link about job offers pouring in - TIA!

There is an interesting dilemma simmering beneath.

Many people are hoping that Casey makes no money after she gets out. Even going as far as trying to drum up organized boycotts and refusal to pay any attention to various media outlets that would put money into Casey's hands.

But then there are also people who want Lawsuit-ZG to get a bunch of money from Casey that would inevitably have to come from media payouts. These people might even want Casey to maximize her earnings via media so that ZG gets more and more.

Are these people at some sort of odds with each other?

No, there were many interviews, including one she did from her motel room, where her attorney was not present.

You mean her attorney was not on camera. I do not see John Morgan allowing her to go on camera without someone there to represent her. Not going to happen. jmo

Many people are hoping that Casey makes no money after she gets out. Even going as far as trying to drum up organized boycotts and refusal to pay any attention to various media outlets that would put money into Casey's hands.

But then there are also people who want Lawsuit-ZG to get a bunch of money from Casey that would inevitably have to come from media payouts. These people might even want Casey to maximize her earnings via media so that ZG gets more and more.

No, Hot Dog. History proves she'll somehow make money. She'll make it, they just don't want her to be able to keep it in the name of a dead child. jmo

The suit had to be delayed until the criminal trial was over. Criminal trial takes precedence over civil one. She will get money here. It might not be as much as she deserves but she will get money.

Let's hope that the jury on the case is as good as the one that served on her murder trial. If so ZFG could get all Casey's money for the rest of her life.

Tim Miller was just on In Session and he said he is talking to his lawyer about suing ICA. He said JB said "She was never missing." So he is thinking about it, but isn't sure what he will do yet. I hope he does. I hope ICA is tied up in lawsuits for years and years to come.

Go Tim Go

No, Hot Dog. History proves she'll somehow make money. She'll make it, they just don't want her to be able to keep it in the name of a dead child. jmo

I'm not talking about what is likely to happen. I'm talking about people who are trying to prevent it from actually happening. They think this is possible if many people cooperate and send a message to media.

I'm not talking about what is likely to happen. I'm talking about people who are trying to prevent it from actually happening. They think this is possible if many people cooperate and send a message to media.

Wouldn't be the first time the audience has influenced sponsors.

At 9:53 Morgan says ZFG was not working, was between jobs, when this happened:

http://www.wftv.com/video/17549823/index.html

Still looking for the link to the job offers.

She had been working and was in the process of changing jobs. She had to have an employer of record to even look at those apartments. I believe she said in an interview that her future employer did not want the media hanging around, it was bad for business. All future employers would probably feel the same until the media stopped being interested in her. JM proves his point in your link. As late as 9/08 the A's were still putting things out there that linked ZG to a kidnapping and Caylee was taken to PR and now we know the A's all knew it was not true.

I think ZG has a case. I think Tim Miller has an excellent case along with all the volunteers who donated money to look for a missing child. I also think the A's are going to have a lot of explaining to do about their foundation. This is far from over. jmo

Guys this is huge. You might want to see this post I made about it last night: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143473"]Are you looking forward to the CROSS EXAMINATION OF CASEY ANTHONY? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

KC will be subject to cross examination! That is massive.

Well, if people are paying to watch their TV shows and people are paying for their books and people are buying "rag" magazines shouldn't their concerns be the concerns of the media outlet and not the concern of one person who had no problems selling pictures of her "already" dead daughter and tried to pass her off as "alive and missing" so everyone needs to get off their bums and search for her. People have the right to be outraged and to voice their opinion. It's not Libya, for heaven's sake, as HHJP would say.

And, thankfully, that includes all of us here.

She had been working and was in the process of changing jobs. She had to have an employer of record to even look at those apartments. I believe she said in an interview that her future employer did not want the media hanging around, it was bad for business. All future employers would probably feel the same until the media stopped being interested in her. JM proves his point in your link. As late as 9/08 the A's were still putting things out there that linked ZG to a kidnapping and Caylee was taken to PR and now we know the A's all knew it was not true.

I think ZG has a case. I think Tim Miller has an excellent case along with all the volunteers who donated money to look for a missing child. I also think the A's are going to have a lot of explaining to do about their foundation. This is far from over. jmo

If I recall correctly, ZFG was not allowed to look at the apartments. She was living in a motel because she'd been evicted from her prior residence.

Please don't think that I don't want to see Casey pay for her crimes, including slander, but I just don't see where this particular woman has a case. She is not the woman Casey described as the kidnapper, she's just someone who happens to have the same name.

You mean her attorney was not on camera. I do not see John Morgan allowing her to go on camera without someone there to represent her. Not going to happen. jmo

I seen the interview that she first did and I think that was before Morgan and Morgan got her case. Yes she was in a tank top and looked as if she was sweating.

I want KC to work for Vivid, not Lifetime. :crazy:

I hope she rides that gravy train all over FL. IMO, that woman went through hell because of this and had never even met or heard of her before. As far as I'm concerned, I'll take whatever punishment that KC can get at this point.

ITA, can Roy Kronk sue Jose Baez for the defammation of his character or anything? He was totally massacred by Baez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael