Kansas Police: Woman Pried From Boyfriend's Toilet After Sitting on It for 2 Years

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Way to encourage creative problem solving skills, Taxi! Get those kids thinking outside the bathroom...(I mean box) at an early age!

Found this comment on a news site:

"I'm a family member of Pam’s, first off she is NOT in fair condition, she’s anorexic and has been in ICU for two weeks. Kory (the boyfriend) has NOT allowed Pamela to have ANY contact with her family for 15 years. We’ve tried calling, writing and visiting just to have him shut off all of our communication with her. So, abuse? It would be safe to guess that something has been going on. We love Pamela and hope to God that she will talk with us soon."

If she is 25 how could they be together for 15 years? It says he has taken care of her for 16 years...He's 35. his myspace says he is single

One of my liveleak links states she is 35 yrs old....

Maybe she's getting disability payments (gov't) and he's using all the money.

If she is 25 how could they be together for 15 years? It says he has taken care of her for 16 years...He's 35

Every article I've seen puts her age at 35 and him 36. I think wherever you read 25 was a typo.

As for her family coming forward - if true - how sad for her. No wonder she shut herself in the bathroom. Maybe the boyfriend was the source of the abuse rather than her family. Very sad - whatever the case.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Wouldn't your body atrophy if it were in the seated position for too long?

A month is an insanely long time....let alone 2 years!

Also, did she bathe? Did she ever get up?

And most importantly....why didn't the boyfriend call someone way WAY sooner??

The article said her legs had..

Its just really sad that someone was in such a state.

I wonder if she lived in the bathroom because of him. If what her family member said is true then maybe he was abusive and she was too scared to leave him so she moved into the bathroom. She probably became very depressed, maybe he was giving her sedatives, and she just.....sat there.
I have to seriously question his character. She obviously was not in a good mind frame and he didn't do anything to help her. If he really did cut off all communication between her and her family then that is a class A sign of an abusive or potentially abusive person.

Maybe she was agoraphobic?? (afraid to leave the house) i guess he brought her new toilet paper every week? or she just didnt use any. ew. a normal person would think this was odd after what an hour of sitting in there? he must be a bit 'off'.
any other woman wondering what i am about 'aunt flo?' really gross...

I thought I was the only person who referred to it as Aunt Flo:clap: And yes...totally gross!

If this woman truly had sat on that toilet seat for so long, she would have had infected bedsores. Left untreated, she would probably have become feverish and very sick, maybe even with the infection spreading to her blood, which could be deadly. Her butt would have had to have been one big infected sore!

I'm no medical professional, but my intuition tells me she may have lived in the bathroom for two years, but she must not have been stuck to the toilet for that long without some kind of washing or disinfecting going on.

Can you imagine the boredom? I'd like to know what she did for two years besides just sit there. Was there a TV, radio, telephone or computer? Did she read? Play cards...crochet? Journal??!!:waitasec:

Did anyone besides the boyfriend confirm that she had sat there for two years straight?

Susan

Well seriously...how long does it take for one's skin to grow around a toilet seat? So my bet would be on long enough for that to happen. Maybe we should get our sleuthing hats on to find out how long it take for skin to grow like that:waitasec:

Maybe we should get our sleuthing hats on to find out how long it take for skin to grow like that:waitasec:

Heck, my butt falls asleep after fifteen minutes. That's usually my cue to wrap it up.

Nothing like trying to walk downstairs with your butt and both legs completely asleep...

Well seriously...how long does it take for one's skin to grow around a toilet seat? So my bet would be on long enough for that to happen. Maybe we should get our sleuthing hats on to find out how long it take for skin to grow like that:waitasec:

Sounds like a job for the Mythbusters on tv. :) Now who wants to volunteer?

If you have to ask, you've never been to Kansas.

(ETA: I was born 20 miles north of Wichita.)
Could you please explain it to this Kansan? I was born in Barton County Kansas, and grew up there. I still live in Kansas, and it is only today as I read the further updates that this begins to make sense. Thank you in advance for explaining to this Kansan how the minds of those particular Kansans work...

The entire length of my pregnancies I often wondered why I ever left the bathroom. I seriously thought about setting up camp there a time or two. If my feet didn't fall asleep and swell to the size of basketballs after five minutes, I probably would have. :D

This woman obviously has some psychiatric issues going on. She needs to be put in a caring facility that will help her with whatever is going on.

Could you please explain it to this Kansan? I was born in Barton County Kansas, and grew up there. I still live in Kansas, and it is only today as I read the further updates that this begins to make sense. Thank you in advance for explaining to this Kansan how the minds of those particular Kansans work...

Sorry. My jest was unclear and so it didn't work.

I wasn't talking about the psychology of Kansans. I only meant to suggest that there is so little to do in the state, one might as well stay in the bathroom.

This could never happen here as the redbacks and the snakes usually make their homes in our primitive outhouses...its safer to spend as little time as possible on the loo here:D

Sorry. My jest was unclear and so it didn't work.

I wasn't talking about the psychology of Kansans. I only meant to suggest that there is so little to do in the state, one might as well stay in the bathroom.
It depends on your interests. If you like birdwatching for example, the area I grew up in is a *VERY* nice place to live. Cheyenne Bottoms is an Internationally acclaimed important wetlands preserve. Wichita has plenty of things to do, and so do Hutchinson, Topeka, and Kansas City to name a few. You just have to be willing to travel to do things in Kansas I guess. (And, yes, sadly with the cost of gas this isn't as possible unless you and friends split the cost and carpool. ;) )

This could never happen here as the redbacks and the snakes usually make their homes in our primitive outhouses...its safer to spend as little time as possible on the loo here:D

:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back