Karr & gender re-assignment & the sex-change clinic -Merged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lizzybeth said:
I have a dear friend that is going for gender reassignment. They were a male and are becoming female. They are still attracted to females. Not sure exactly what that means except now I guess she would be considered a lesbian.
Exactly Lizzybeth - if you ask her she most likely will agree. Most people that are transgender feel (and knowing several through my life- I also feel) that they were born the opposite gender with the wrong plumbing - which would only make them technically "gay" if they are attracted to the same sex as they were born physically.

So far, no male has stepped forward claiming to have had any sexulal contact with John Mark Karr (if they are out there, i would expect them to appear on a television screen near you very, very quickly, for their 15 minutes).

if they did, this would indicate he were homosexual.

demeanour appearing to be effeminate does not always mean a man is homosexual, believe it or not.

even if the child *advertiser censored* collection he had shows he has an interest in male children rather than/or including female children, this would mean he were a PAEDOPHILE, not that he were homosexual.

this is an extremely complicated subject. far too complicated for me to begin to explain without making a hash of it. i refer folk (and Peter Hamilton) here for a glimpse into how complex the subject is:

Homosexuality and Transgender

Homosexuality and transgender are two separate concepts. Homosexuality usually refers to romantic/sexual attraction or behaviour between people of the same gender, while transgender is a matter of gender identity, meaning that a person identifies as a different gender than the one they were assigned (usually) at birth. It can also refer to an individual who idenitfies as neither a man nor a woman. Clear-cut distinctions between homosexuality and transgender are often impossible to make in different cultures and across time, especially where third gender social categories or gender-structured homosexuality exist.

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_transgender

Wikipedia most certainly won't give a most learned study, but it will do for starters.

very basically, if JMK is/has been looking for gender ressignment, be can be termed 'heteronormative'. (i think!)

"The problem of applying the terms *advertiser censored*- and hetero-sexual to transgender and intersex people is deciding what exactly qualifies as same (*advertiser censored*) and what as different (hetero)."

read through the Wikipedia page, then throw in paedophile urges and THEN try applying a simple "He's gay" and feel comfortable doing so.

after reading through that page, you may want to move on to this page:

List of transgender-related topics

Transgender is a very complex topic, where consensual and precise definitions have not yet been reached. Usually, the only way to find out how exactly people identify themselves is to ask them, and sometimes, transgender people either cannot or will not define themselves any more specifically than transgender, queer, or genderqueer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transgender-related_topics

anyone who wants to plough through that lot, get back to me with a potted layman's version, will you?

cos i'm beggared if i know what to label Karr! :doh:

Let me also add -that people who decide to surgically change their sex are just like everyone else - some are psychologically sound and some are nuts. One oddball shouldn't speak for them all.

I would wonder if his mom treated him (Karr) as a little girl because she wanted a girl - or because she was very liberal in allowing him to be as he felt he was. If she forced it on him becaue of her own sick selfishness I would wonder if his transgender actions were not the result of a psychological twisting by his mothers - making it most likely - not healthy.

Floh said:
Wearing a red shirt and tie, the 41-year-old school teacher said nothing to reporters who shouted questions at him.

At least he's learned to keep his stupid mouth shut! :silenced:
Ah, Floh. What words of wisdom you do speak
But seriously have you ever seen such a 3 ringed circus of a press conference?I just wanted to gag that immigration guy.He could get a job at Butlins with that mouth.:doh:

T Broodwater said:
Let me also add -that people who decide to surgically change their sex are just like everyone else - some are psychologically sound and some are nuts. One oddball shouldn't speak for them all.

I wholeheartedly agree. i have met a few transgender (for want of a better word) people in my life and they can't be pigeonholed at all.

this bloke, should it really turn out he was seeking a sex change or not, is most certainly an oddball who represents no group. on that i believe we can all agree.

kazzbar said:
Ah, Floh. What words of wisdom you do speak
But seriously have you ever seen such a 3 ringed circus of a press conference?I just wanted to gag that immigration guy.He could get a job at Butlins with that mouth.:doh:

It was quite extraordinary. d'ya think lessons have been learned for their next international press conference? :crazy:

Floh said:
It was quite extraordinary. d'ya think lessons have been learned for their next international press conference? :crazy:
I would think that the next international press conference will be a sedate affair with no banter! Saw the same thing here when dope dealer Schapelle Corby was sentanced in Indonesia.same crazy briefings by Indonesian officials.

He probably already had the garotte in place and tightened to help his arrousal and then suddenly panicked because it was too late. She was already past coming back, and she knew who he was.
Huh? She was past "coming back" but yet he panicked because she knew who he was?

I'm sick of hearing people saying his looks have anything to do with this case. "He's thin so he must have AIDS!!!11111!!!" "He looks a bit fey to me." "He's fruity." Have none of you ever seen a thin man? Or a man who doesn't work out so therefore he doesn't have a solid chest? Am I the only one who knows beta men (as opposed to alpha men)? We've seen five minutes of a press conference and yet people are projecting their (homophobic) biases onto him.

If he was undergoing procedures to become a woman, that doesn't make him a criminal. It's also not cause for "EWW" responses unless you're 10 years old and don't know any better.

I don't think John Karr did it but it's only because I have yet to hear of him having any ties to Boulder and to the Ramsey's before JonBenet's murder. The way his pants fit which, by the way, could have been someone else's clothes, are of little meaning to this case.

Floh said:
I wholeheartedly agree. i have met a few transgender (for want of a better word) people in my life and they can't be pigeonholed at all.

this bloke, should it really turn out he was seeking a sex change or not, is most certainly an oddball who represents no group. on that i believe we can all agree.
I totally agree with you. My friend is a kind, intelligent person. In no way does she have anything in common with this guy other than gender reassignment. My hope is that people don't make that mistake. People who are in the process or have transgendered have a difficult enough time without people automatically assuming they're pedophiles and murderers.

Would a gay pedophile molest little girls? I would think they would molest little boys. Just a question, not saying he's gay or a pedophile for that matter, I'm politically correct :chicken:

lizzybeth said:
I totally agree with you. My friend is a kind, intelligent person. In no way does she have anything in common with this guy other than gender reassignment. My hope is that people don't make that mistake. People who are in the process or have transgendered have a difficult enough time without people automatically assuming they're pedophiles and murderers.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

akgal said:
Would a gay pedophile molest little girls? I would think they would molest little boys. Just a question, not saying he's gay or a pedophile for that matter, I'm politically correct :chicken:
Don't worry I get what you are saying.:crazy: I have pondered the same thing myself.
I still think we need a shrink!:hand: :p LOL

It was just announced that Karr was looking at sex change clinics. Who else thought this before the announcement? I sure did!!! He's too effeminate, no adam's apple, breasts!!!

peace9274 said:
It was just announced that Karr was looking at sex change clinics. Who else thought this before the announcement? I sure did!!! He's too effeminate, no adam's apple, breasts!!!
I did, and I heard that too. All I can say is NASTY!!! :eek:

kazzbar said:
Don't worry I get what you are saying.:crazy: I have pondered the same thing myself.
I still think we need a shrink!:hand: :p LOL

I just posted on a new thread, about his contacts to sex change clinics.
I guess I'm a day late and a dollar short... ooops.

Re becoming a female... it would make it easier to get a child's confidence and it would be more "proper" to hug and cuddle little girls.

Ewwww...well, we all thought it...but ewwwwww. I wonder why? I mean, he's obviously a pedophile but seems to focus on little girls...why become a girl himself?

He is one sick puppy.

Here is a story about the procedure in Thailand John Mark Karr may have been about to embark upon:

Previously, many Thais had to travel to Japan or Singapore for their plastic fantastic fix. Today, foreign tourists are traveling to Thailand, lured by the cheap prices and a holiday in the tropics thrown in. Indeed, this is the marketing strategy employed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand to attract medical tourists to multi-billion baht institutions like Bamrungrad Hospital.
As well as cost-effectiveness and vacation options, Thai law is also one of the most lackadaisical against transgenderism.
“Unlike China and other countries, Thailand is very liberal,” comments Dr. Thep. “The law here doesn’t interfere in the relationship between doctor and patient. A colleague from Pakistan said this kind of operation is very difficult to carry out in Islamic countries.”

http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/?p=redakt.artikel_detail&ID=24&ArtikelID=108

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery