Kathleen Savio's Death Ruled a Homicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still wonder about the neighbor...was it Mary? What has she told the GJ? She was Kathleen's friend, not Drews. She won't be his puppet like Steve.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/22/missing.wife/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

(snips)
State police and grand jury investigations continue into Stacy Peterson's disappearance. Prosecutors have said that both entities are also investigating Savio's death, so if any criminal charges are warranted, they would probably not be filed until the grand jury completes its investigation and hands up an indictment.
Savio's family, however, has said they always believed that her death was not an accident. Melissa Doman, Savio's niece, said relatives think Drew Peterson stood to gain about $3 million from Savio's death, based on the couple's shared business interests in a bar and a printing company, their home and payments from five life insurance policies Savio had on herself.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/22/missing.wife/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

(snips)
State police and grand jury investigations continue into Stacy Peterson's disappearance. Prosecutors have said that both entities are also investigating Savio's death, so if any criminal charges are warranted, they would probably not be filed until the grand jury completes its investigation and hands up an indictment.
Savio's family, however, has said they always believed that her death was not an accident. Melissa Doman, Savio's niece, said relatives think Drew Peterson stood to gain about $3 million from Savio's death, based on the couple's shared business interests in a bar and a printing company, their home and payments from five life insurance policies Savio had on herself.

I am certainly hoping that in light of all this...they are keeping a close eye on Drew Peterson. It frightens me to think what a man like DP would do when "cornered" WITH his children. I fear for those children every single day until he is behind bars. He's just arrogant enough to take himself out & the children with him once he realizes he has run out of options.

I still wonder about the neighbor...was it Mary? What has she told the GJ? She was Kathleen's friend, not Drews. She won't be his puppet like Steve.

I would hope whatever Mary has told the GJ is being kept very quiet. I agree that she won't be controlled by DP like some others.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson-manual-080223,0,2847000.story

Peterson says the truth will set him free. He also says the bruising on Kathleen could've been caused by exercising or by wrestling with the boys.

I thought his whole issue of going to the house was he was trying to return the boys after several days with him- how would she have fresh bruises from the boys if they were with drew? The truth will set him where he belongs!

I am certainly hoping that in light of all this...they are keeping a close eye on Drew Peterson. It frightens me to think what a man like DP would do when "cornered" WITH his children. I fear for those children every single day until he is behind bars. He's just arrogant enough to take himself out & the children with him once he realizes he has run out of options.

Oh yes, I really agree with this...I think he would do just exactly as you say.

What a jerk. The truth will hopefully put him behiind bars. He said nothing about sorrow for Kathleen's family or for her children. Just more smart comments such as, "I'm a suspect for everything," he said. "If Abraham Lincoln were killed a few years later, they'd be looking at me for that too."

I repeat......what a jerk.

He is just as arrogant as he is a coward, if you ask me. I don't think he will harm the children other than psychological damage he is doing to them (which is certainly bad enough!). He thinks too much of himself to commit suicide...besides being a coward. Not going to happen.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson-manual-080223,0,2847000.story

Peterson says the truth will set him free. He also says the bruising on Kathleen could've been caused by exercising or by wrestling with the boys.

I thought his whole issue of going to the house was he was trying to return the boys after several days with him- how would she have fresh bruises from the boys if they were with drew? The truth will set him where he belongs!
Unless her exercise regime is throwing herself down a flight of stairs, banging herself on hard, oval shaped objects, or smacking herself with a nightstick...I guess I don't see it!! Was she a hemophiliac? I don't think so or we would have already heard that in one of the many autopsies.

You have a great point...the boys weren't with her preceding her death.

Yes we we have been discussing it. Post #46 this same thread .

Fascinating that he hasn't even mentioned any of this to his two sons by Kathleen. Those poor boys have to go to school tomorrow and face friends , without their father even preparing them with this news.

JMHO

DeltaDawn,
Sorry about that.
Why is he keeping this from Kathleen's sons?
Embarrassment?
Fear of losing their trust?
Fear of them knowing what he (DP) did?

Philamena, IMO it is just that he doesn't think it should be important to them. Why would it be important- they have their father. The woman that gave birth to them has been gone for years, they have adjusted. So why (to him) would the difference of being dead from an accident vs. dead from a murder make a difference to them? One thing that has seemed to be consistent to DrewP is a lack of knowlege about other's emotions.

IMO, DrewP feels little emotion. Except maybe anger and contempt. Maybe fear of being caught lately. IMO he has learned to simulate other emotions when it will benefit him but he doesn't feel them. That is why he has failed to use cues from other's emotions to his own benefit (if he had said that Stacy's loss of her sister had seemed to cause changes in her, she became dissatified so she left to seek a better life- I think less attention would have been paid to Stacy leaving. People know that grief makes people do funny things.) That is why the comments about women- he doesn't feel emotion about women- but they are convienent in a few ways. And that is why all the outrageous comments. He thinks he is being funny, and he doesn't realize why others get upset.

To have a finding of murder, the state has to prove intent to cause death. DrewP has alleged that when Kathleen Savio died, he was at home, in bed asleep. So according to him, he wasn't present when Kathleen died. When caught, many persons who have killed and eventually confessed will say the death was an accident. (They accidently pulled the trigger, held their head under water, held the pillow over their face, stabbed or struck them. They weren't intending murder, they were just trying to control them, or stop them or scare them.)

Brodsky has now made a statement that the first autopsy was right- saying it was an accident, not the second saying it was murder. If as he has alleged DrewP was home in bed, how would he know if Kathleen's death was an accident or murder? He isn't claiming that someone else entered the home and killed her. He is claiming it was an accident. I think we just may have a partial confession here, lol.

Peterson's Attorney: First Savio Autopsy Was Right

An autopsy report says Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was the victim of a homicide, but through his attorney, Peterson insists the first autopsy report that ruled her death an accident is correct.
http://www.wbbm780.com/Peterson-s-Attorney:-First-Savio-Autopsy-Was-Right/1705360

Philamena, IMO it is just that he doesn't think it should be important to them. Why would it be important- they have their father. The woman that gave birth to them has been gone for years, they have adjusted. .....
mysteriew,
Great post btw. ;)
That's another thing about DP that blows my mind.
The smugness and arrogance about the demise of 2 of his ex wives. Aznd his apparent not wanting the boys to know what really happened to their mother.:furious:
When will Kathleen and Stacy get justice?

To have a finding of murder, the state has to prove intent to cause death. DrewP has alleged that when Kathleen Savio died, he was at home, in bed asleep. So according to him, he wasn't present when Kathleen died. When caught, many persons who have killed and eventually confessed will say the death was an accident. (They accidently pulled the trigger, held their head under water, held the pillow over their face, stabbed or struck them. They weren't intending murder, they were just trying to control them, or stop them or scare them.)

Brodsky has now made a statement that the first autopsy was right- saying it was an accident, not the second saying it was murder. If as he has alleged DrewP was home in bed, how would he know if Kathleen's death was an accident or murder? He isn't claiming that someone else entered the home and killed her. He is claiming it was an accident. I think we just may have a partial confession here, lol.
Excellent point!

Mysteriew,
You've made a perfect case of a partial confession. This may be a major mistake on the part of Brodsky, even commenting on the autopsy finding.

Now that Kathleen Savio's death has been ruled a homicide, the next step is finding her killer. In most cases LE looks at who would have reason to kill someone, the opportunity, and who would benefit from that person's death.

In this case, is there any other suspect other than DP? In all that we know of the facts surrounding the death of Kathleen Savio, I don't think there's anyone else but DP, and I can't see LE or the grand jury looking at anyone else as a suspect. Drew Peterson is the sole suspect.

So, now it's a matter of proving it. There are two things that stand out to me. One is the pastor's testimony that Stasi told him that DP killed Kathleen. Whether or not the pastor's testimony will be allowed is another thing. The other thing is the telephone records. Mark Fuhrman has said that those telephone records are the key. If those telephone records show calls from the Peterson home to DP's cell phone the night Kathleen was murdered, then DP wasn't at home and asleep in his bed as he claims. He no longer has an alibi.

I think that there is so much testimony before the grand jury with people like Mary, her husband, Steve C and the pastor that they have alot more facts then we do.
Everyone who was interviewed after their testimony at the GJ hearing gave us some info, but always left with the same remarks that there was more info they had but were asked not to disclose this info by the GJ. Even with everything the pastor said on Greta, he still left it that there were other things he knew/ was told that LE had requested he not speak about at this time.

One can only wonder what all these people had to say that we aren't privy to now. And that point is what is so disturbing to Brodsky and Drew... they really do not know what has been said to the GJ by anyone other then Drew. So Brodsky has no way of defending Drew in the press right now, because he doesn't have the facts the GJ has heard.
JMHO

Brodsky's comments to the media are totally irrelevant. What matters is the secret testimony before the grand jury. THAT will determine whether there is an indictment. You can't believe what a man like Brodsky says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68
Back