katie holmes...Did anyone notice

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree that Katie looks thin. But, I think she looks okay (not skeleton like). And maybe she is the one who is trying to lose the weight. Maybe that is the only thing that she now has control over. Her body, her weight and what she eats. Just wondering.

Please don't bash, but who does Suri look like? I just can't see Katie or Tom in her.....
I still think she's a mix of Katie and Chris. :D

suri_cruise180.jpg
ChrisKlein.jpg

Katie.jpg

:eek: :eek: My Gawd...I'm glad I don't have my pics all over the place, just minding my own business. Makes me wonder how many of us would be willing to set ourselves up for public review...in our bathing suits, etc. Wonder what people would say...

Just an observation, but hubby and I have noticed when we travel back to the mid-West to visit family, it seems as though a higher percentage of the population out there are (and I'm not trying to be rude here)...overweight. Maybe it's because we're out here in California...everyone we know keeps fit. We belong to a Club, we work out as much as we can...try to eat healthy. So, to us, Katie really looks positively HEALTHY and TONED. There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with the way she looks. I swear, when we were at Cedar Point (Ohio), at least three fourths of the people we saw walking about were very overweight. I grew up in Ohio, but I don't recall seeing so many people out there so overweight back then.

Personally, I don't care for Katie's choice in a bathing suit, but still, you can still see she has definitely been working out; you can see her muscle tone even in her arms, something I didn't see with her prior to her pregnancy.

I LOVE her hair, but I'm partial to short hair. I have short hair...it's just so much easier to take care of when you have a hectic schedule with kids, pets, etc.

So...differences of opinion, I suppose. I just hope that Katie doesn't read the rags or anything else on the Internet about herself. I'll bet, though, that she's had to develop a really thick skin by this time...she's gonna need it. Sheesh...

Do you notice how long-necked Katie is? She's a tall, long-limbed gal; doubt she'll ever look plump.

I think Suri looks alot like Tom at this point. Katie looks thin but not unhealthy, IMO. I think that particular dress did not become her. Her shorter hair should be layered a bit, rather than one length which hardens, rather than softens her face.

Remember how Lara Flynn Boyle looked???? Now THAT was scary; too thin.

Katy was so girlish looking with the longer hair; the shorter does make her look older, but speaking from these 59-year-old bones; no, she doesn't look OLD. She has beautiful skin and complexion.

Scientology is pretty scary; I'm sorry Suri has to be raised with it; but I guess there could be worse things for a child - like poverty or parental neglect. It doesn't look like she's going to be neglected.

Interesting thoughts Marthatex. Could it be that a person still has a chance at a happy life raised in a "wrong" religion done "right" vs. a "right" religion done "wrong"?

Take the following two scenarios...

child 1 is raised in mainstream Christianity. Has parents that are unhappily married and as a result there is a steady stream of negative conversation between the two that the child overhears on occasion. Religion is concretely presented and rigidly adhered to. The rest of the childs life is basically mainstream also, i.e. a steady diet of current media, video games, lack of exercise, and the "typical" food choices that mainstream America now consumes. Parents are consumed with making ends meet and their own chronic state of unhappiness, thus limiting their ability to expose the child to places, peoples and behaviors that would enable their child to have a larger world view. The expectation of the child is that he/she will grow up to repeat the pattern they are modeling every day. The child is also expected to remain in the family religion.

child 2 is raised in a non Christian alternative religion. The parents are very focused on positivity. Their religion is concretely presented and rigidly adhered to. The child is kept away from "mainstream" tv and instead is exposed to games, sports and travel. The rest of the childs life follows suit in that it also is not "mainstream". For example, medicine is viewed with caution thus mandating a careful focus on healthful eating and living habits. The parents are happy in the marriage and cherish the child. Both parents have a career they are passionate about and are successful at. They travel extensively and the child is taken on these trips which usually center around the parents large circle of friends and acquaintances. The expectation of the child is that the child will grow up to reflect what has been modeled. He/she is expected to remain in the family religion.

I am not attempting to comment on Christianity OR Scientology, but rather on how something on the surface can appear "wrong" and yet produce a positive result, whereas something that is perceived by the majority to be "right" can produce a negative one.

Interesting thoughts Marthatex. Could it be that a person still has a chance at a happy life raised in a "wrong" religion done "right" vs. a "right" religion done "wrong"?

child 1 is raised in mainstream Christianity. Has parents that are unhappily married and as a result there is a steady stream of negative conversation between the two that the child overhears on occasion. Religion is concretely presented and rigidly adhered to. The rest of the childs life is basically mainstream also, i.e. a steady diet of current media, video games, lack of exercise, and the "typical" food choices that mainstream America now consumes. Parents are consumed with making ends meet and their own chronic state of unhappiness, thus limiting their ability to expose the child to places, peoples and behaviors that would enable their child to have a larger world view. The expectation of the child is that he/she will grow up to repeat the pattern they are modeling every day. The child is also expected to remain in the family religion.

child 2 is raised in a non Christian alternative religion. The parents are very focused on positivity. Their religion is concretely presented and rigidly adhered to. The child is kept away from "mainstream" tv and instead is exposed to games, sports and travel. The rest of the childs life follows suit in that it also is not "mainstream". For example, medicine is viewed with caution thus mandating a careful focus on healthful eating and living habits. The parents are happy in the marriage and cherish the child. Both parents have a career they are passionate about and are successful at. They travel extensively and the child is taken on these trips which usually center around the parents large circle of friends and acquaintances. The expectation of the child is that the child will grow up to reflect what has been modeled. He/she is expected to remain in the family religion.

I am not attempting to comment on Christianity OR Scientology, but rather on how something on the surface can appear "wrong" and yet produce a positive result, whereas something that is perceived by the majority to be "right" can produce a negative one.

Of one thing I have no doubt, my brother loves and wants his son very, very much and will do his absolute best by him. I could never see my brother willingly abusing or neglecting his child... my nephew will be bought the finest education that money can buy but in the mean time he will also be taught the meaning and value of hard work. He will not be raised with a sense of entitlement and he will be taught respect.

As many things as I despise about Scientology and my brothers involvement in it, I have to be honest and say it hasn't been entirely awful...

I thought we all wore heels to the beach....:bang:
how fricking ridiculous is that????

Wearing heels makes Katie tower over Tom. You wonder why she would want that. But, maybe he's got a thing for "tall" women.
As for wearing closed shoes, heels or not, it was once discussed on this site how awful looking her feet are. There was a picture of her in sandles posted here once and her feet were so strange looking. Long toes with bumpy corns.
Of course, I have perfect looking feet. LOL

Good post!
:clap:

That's what I was thinking.

And I didn't even recogonize Katie in that picture.
I didn't either. She looks so old in that picture. I really thought they had it mixed up and it wasn't really Katie at all. SO sad...she used to be such a cute girl. :(

Regarding Toms sexuality, my cousin is very gay and lives in CA. He also said that he knows for a fact that Tom is not straight, even though Tom wants everyone to believe that he is. He promises that Tom was sexually active with a male person, because he saw the two of them. Sometime I will ask him more about it.

Regarding Toms sexuality, my cousin is very gay and lives in CA. He also said that he knows for a fact that Tom is not straight, even though Tom wants everyone to believe that he is. He promises that Tom was sexually active with a male person, because he saw the two of them. Sometime I will ask him more about it.
Hey Txmom - Thanks for the post. I'd be interested in hearing what your cousin observed. Even though I know there has been lots of rumors, I wonder why no one has come out of the closet about Tom. Do you think his Scientology people threaten them or pay them off? Also, I was wondering how long ago this was? Perhaps, Tom has settled down even though he might lean towards being gay.

Anyone notice how Katie, Tom and Suri's clothes are always in harmonious colors? Ach! It's just so planned, fake, all for the photo ops! That being said, Suri is adorable and I do think she looks like both of them. Katie wearing high heels at the beach is ridiculous, but I love it, because it dwarfs Tommy even more. I know, that's mean. Meow. I just can't stand him, I admit it! LOL! She's thinner, but looks toned, and personally I like shorter, chic haircuts. Long mane is overrated, imo. I do hope she doesn't get any thinner though, good grief. I only question whether any of it is HER idea. The problem is, her "look" (ala Posh Spice?) is so different from before, I just don't think so. Most of us don't change our basic styles that much.

Eve

My two cents:

Katie appears to be the body type that retains weight in the lower half, therefore, when she loses weight she gets bony in the chest and upper torso. She is just trying to be Posh thin, imo. She looks healthy to me for her body type.

The heels: hey, when I was young in my 20's I would sacrifice comfort for style and wear sexy heels. I think she's just trying to stay glamorous after feeling like a frumpy mom and the cameras are everywhere all the time. I commend her for feeling independent enough to wear heels next to her short man. I think it's another Victoria Beckham influence. No big deal. She's young and can handle it! At least TC isn't trying to force her into flats.

TC may have been attracted to his religion to be cured of homosexual tendencies. I've hear rumors too, straight from Hollywood, but no one really knows. Urban legend? Maybe. The same has been rumored about another famous Scientologist, John Travolta. Coincidence?

Sounds to me like Katie is trying very hard to convince everyone how great everything is and I think she's mainly trying to convince herself after being swept up in her fairytale romance. I think TC will have his hands full once she grow up a bit and realizes she needs to make her own decisions and be her own person. That my never happen if she's a needy girl. He may really like those types of women who just adore him and give him the authority to dictate how the relationship will be.

In the meantime, I think they seem as normal as a Hollywierd family can. The baby is adorable and I see the resemblance to both. She's an infatuated young girl, I highly doubt any "wife for hire" deal and I really hope they beat the odds and live happily ever after. Under that kind of microscope, I'm not sure any of us would survive!: eek:

Tom is likely forcing her to be thin...probably monitors every morsel that goes into her mouth. :razz:

He probably is. Now how much fun is it that he's picking her movies rather than her decision? Like all of his decisions were good ones?

Vanilla Sky
Eyes Wide Shut
All the right moves

Sure these are only three movies that weren't that great, but he still chose to do them.

Gosh, I'm glad someone else on this thread wishes nothing but the best for this lovely couple, too. :twocents:, but I think this family is adorable.

Also, if memory serves, didn't some guy who professed knowledge as to Tom's supposed gay status, lose in a lawsuit, filed by Tom? I know I read that somewhere...the guy lost the suit...big time.

EVEN if Tom was gay (which I highly doubt), does it REALLY matter? I'm just asking. I've never understood some of the public's infatuation with Tom's sexual status. Why is someone's sexual status so important, even if it's Tom's? Who cares?

He's been married three times; his first wife was a Scientologist (an actress, Mimi Rogers). He married Nicole Kidman after Mimi, now Katie. :waitasec: If he's gay, he's sure doing one heckuva' job hiding it...from three lovely ladies...now a child to boot. :D :D

If she really is pregnant, she may have lost weight from morning sickness. A lot of pregnant women who have morning sickness tend to lose weight at the begining.

I don't think that she looks unhealthy, but I do agree that she looks a lot thinner than she did a few months back. I agree that she has a very small upper body, her arms, neck and face are really thin, but her bottom half looks very healthy. She is shaped exactly like my sister. My sister is tall 5'11" and thin, but she runs a lot...4-5 miles a day. She has very narrow shoulders and solid, toned legs. Because of her shape, sometimes in pictures and depending on what she wears, it can make her look awkward. I know she eats well....

About the shoes at the beach, I don't know what the deal with that was, but I am sure there is a reason. One time, I went to the Santa Monica and was wearing a summer dress with heels and my bathing suit under. Knowing that we would be walking and going to the beach, I wanted to pack lightly and figured when I got to the beach, I would take off my shoes. The sand was really hot and was burning my feet, so I ended up wearing the heels on the sand...I am sure I looked goofy, but I did not really care.

I think that they both look happy, but I guess none of us know what their relationship really is like.

I honestly couldn't care less if Tom is gay. I just think it's sad that he feels he has to hide it or live a lie, IF he is gay. Or lets some wacky cult run his life. Not being in Hollywood, I have no idea how it would impact his career, probably it would affect certain roles but he could still work couldn't he? Even if his roles were few and far between, surely he's made enough money to live very comfortably for the rest of his life.

Gosh, I'm glad someone else on this thread wishes nothing but the best for this lovely couple, too. :twocents:, but I think this family is adorable.

Also, if memory serves, didn't some guy who professed knowledge as to Tom's supposed gay status, lose in a lawsuit, filed by Tom? I know I read that somewhere...the guy lost the suit...big time.

EVEN if Tom was gay (which I highly doubt), does it REALLY matter? I'm just asking. I've never understood some of the public's infatuation with Tom's sexual status. Why is someone's sexual status so important, even if it's Tom's? Who cares?

He's been married three times; his first wife was a Scientologist (an actress, Mimi Rogers). He married Nicole Kidman after Mimi, now Katie. :waitasec: If he's gay, he's sure doing one heckuva' job hiding it...from three lovely ladies...now a child to boot. :D :D

So to you, discussing their life = wishing them to fail? How do you arrive at that? They put their life and relationship up for discussion. Tom would wither and die if he weren't getting attention, even less than flattering. You try to come across as non-judgmental, but your posts towards others here are pretty judgmental IMO.

So to you, discussing their life = wishing them to fail? How do you arrive at that? They put their life and relationship up for discussion. Tom would wither and die if he weren't getting attention, even less than flattering. You try to come across as non-judgmental, but your posts towards others here are pretty judgmental IMO.

I agree Shopper. I don't care for what I know of Tom but don't wish them ill at all! They put themselves out there in the public, even (in Tom's case) mouthing off about their views on everything, like many celebs. When they do that, people comment. Notice the celebs that don't do that? Hardly a comment from the masses!

Eve

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe