katie holmes...Did anyone notice

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone up thread was talking about Nicole being a strong minded woman. I completely disagree with that statement. One of my friends provided private security for Tom and Nicole and he said that while Tom certainly had his issues, Nicole was the neediest and most dependent woman he had ever met.

My question would be when did your friend provide security for them? I could see Nicole being much more dependent and needy when she was younger. She met Tom when she was so young, I would imagine she grew up a lot when they split.

That was the second or third post of hers, that IN MY OPINION came across as condescending towards anyone who wasn't gushing over Katie and/or Tom. I didn't say my opinion was more valid, but differing opinions seemed to bother her. She said that she "just didn't understand the spiteful comments". IMO, it's not for her to understand, she can disagree but she could stand to lose the passive-agressive tone.

Also, I was not sniping. My post was civil even though I disagree with her.
shopper,
I understood exactly what you meant in your previous post. You did good. lol ;)
These discussions about celebs and movie stars, etc are merely fun and by any means not like discussing rocket science. If someone don't agree with what's being said, scroll on by. No one is worse for the wear.

My question would be when did your friend provide security for them? I could see Nicole being much more dependent and needy when she was younger. She met Tom when she was so young, I would imagine she grew up a lot when they split.

I agree with this. It's hard to remember that far back (for me) but wasn't Nicole not really heard of in the U.S? IIRC, Tom had seen her in the movie "Dead Calm" and personally hand-picked (sound familiar?) her to be in "Days of Thunder". Maybe she did another movie that I've forgotten about, but I think DoT was her first big movie here.

MAYBE Nicole and Tom had a real marriage. They seemed more real than TomKat, which has seemed so fake from the get-go IMO. But I think as the years passed, Nicole grew more confident because she had established a big movie career (with or without Tom's influence or help, who really knows). Either way, she became a movie star and wasn't under his thumb so much. Add to that, she continued to be close to her family and he didn't seem to have alienated her from them. IMO, the scientology crap just got too much for her and she wasn't going to go along with a cult running her life so he had to dump her. I always thought she was genuinely shocked and upset that they split.

Looking back on Nicole, it makes the thing with Katie crystal clear to me now. He IMMEDIATELY got her involved with Scientology, had a handler for her, seemed to alienate her family, etc. He wasn't going to make the same mistake with his next wife, she had to be very young and naive and easier to control.

LOL, I know it sounds like I've been watching too much Lifetime or buy into conspiracy theories. But I just never have and probably never will think that Tom and Katie's relationship is real.

Originally Posted by Masterj
Someone up thread was talking about Nicole being a strong minded woman. I completely disagree with that statement. One of my friends provided private security for Tom and Nicole and he said that while Tom certainly had his issues, Nicole was the neediest and most dependent woman he had ever met.

This is the truth.

If you ever listened to or read the transcripts of the phone call that was illegally taped by a reporter you would agree also.

It was aired only because Tom sued the reporter for invasion of privacy. He won. As he should have.

The tape was aired in court. In it Nicole is whinning non stop about how Tom didn't send her flowers and Tom didn't call her. It was amazing to listen to. Needy is too soft a word to use. Desperately needy is more like it.

shopper,
I understood exactly what you meant in your previous post. You did good. lol ;)
These discussions about celebs and movie stars, etc are merely fun and by any means not like discussing rocket science. If someone don't agree with what's being said, scroll on by. No one is worse for the wear.

Thanks philamena. You're exactly right, it's just harmless discussion of our OPINIONS. Hey, I'm a stay-at-home mom and I just don't get out much. I realllly would love to work part-time, just to be around grown-ups. You guys are my only communication with other adults for a big chunk of the day, lol. I'm sure I'm not the only sahm here so it's a great outlet.

I suppose I could find a website that discusses quantum physics, but this is way more fun.

Even when my brothers wife was dying, her handler had to be at their house every time someone who is not a Scientologist came to visit with her. Prior to her illness, we simply were not allowed to visit!

It's really a very strange organization...

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with this "religion."

...The tape was aired in court. In it Nicole is whinning non stop about how Tom didn't send her flowers and Tom didn't call her. It was amazing to listen to. Needy is too soft a word to use. Desperately needy is more like it.

Tricia - Could Nicole have been fed up by the time this call was made? She could have just been voicing all of her pent up frustrations. I just find it hard to believe that his marriage to Nicole was true love on his part. I also do not believe that the marriage between Katie and Tom is real.

Of course, I have no idea. :)

I just recall his first wife, Mimi Rogers, commenting that she felt like she was married to a monk while she was married to Tom. I can only assume that they had sex very little, if at all.

ETA: Didn't Nicole resist getting really involved in Scientology? I have to give her kudos if so. You can well imagine the pressure that she was under to become a full-fledged member.

Tricia - Could Nicole have been fed up by the time this call was made? She could have just been voicing all of her pent up frustrations. I just find it hard to believe that his marriage to Nicole was true love on his part. I also do not believe that the marriage between Katie and Tom is real.

Absolutely. Maybe this was a phone call that brought everything to a head. It was really bad.

I am pretty sure he worked with them during Eyes Wide Shut and continuing on through War of the Worlds, after they were divorced. He said Nicole was very dramatic and needy and would pull childish stunts to get Tom's attention. Apparently she used to drive the staff crazy.

I just don't understand spiteful comments, made by public people who really don't know these people at all.

For example...I worked for an attorney who prepared legal documentation re: various personal and legal issues for high profile celebrities; one particular rag, for instance, claimed it KNEW when a certain high profile celeb got married. This was actually on their front cover.

The article was a complete fabrication! It was totally, utterly false! I knew this because I'd signed the legal/marital paperwork (notarized them actually), along with my attorney for this couple. I asked this particular celeb how he dealt with all this gossip and he said you just had to develop a thick skin and get over it. He stated it was the price one paid when you became a high profile personality. I told him I didn't think I could do it. I wouldn't mind the money, I told him, but I'd never want the fame.

You simply cannot believe everything you see in these tabloids. You can't...most of it's absolute crud.

C'mon, you guys. She's a beautiful gal...with a gorgeous baby and seems to be happy. WHY all the incessant negative comments?

If you read anything I wrote in my post responding to you, one would never know it!

I prefer not to converse with walls.

Oh my goodness...Katie sounds like she's about 12 years old the way she answers (or actually doesn't answer, LOL) most of the questions. JMO

Scientologists never answer anything they are not comfortable answering... they are trained how to avoid doing so. It's like conversing with a wall, yet they attempt to make you feel as if you are the one with the "problem".

Picturegallery of the family at the beach. Note the high heels with the bathing suit in one of the pictures:

http://omg.yahoo.com/tomkat-and-baby-suri-frolic-in-france/photos/220#id=7

Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that wears high heels at the beach! :doh:

Photo #2 - she's pretty darn thin to me, IMO. Is it the lighting or does it almost look like ribs and then the one thigh looks like the muscle is just protruding. It could be the shadowing...but she looks awfully skinny to me. Certainly not meat on her bones to spare.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back