katie holmes...Did anyone notice

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's incredibly hypocritical for someone to spout off about how other people should live their lives--as in taking medicines or not--while at the same time living a life of privilege and wealth based on the contributions of those same people at $6 a pop for movie tickets and $19.99 dvds.

When Tom Cruise stops jumping on couches talking about his relationship on television, I'll stop giving my opinion about Tom Cruise.

I think it's incredibly hypocritical for someone to spout off about how other people should live their lives--as in taking medicines or not--while at the same time living a life of privilege and wealth based on the contributions of those same people at $6 a pop for movie tickets and $19.99 dvds.

When Tom Cruise stops jumping on couches talking about his relationship on television, I'll stop giving my opinion about Tom Cruise.

:clap:

Well put Texana!

Hey Txmom - Thanks for the post. I'd be interested in hearing what your cousin observed. Even though I know there has been lots of rumors, I wonder why no one has come out of the closet about Tom. Do you think his Scientology people threaten them or pay them off? Also, I was wondering how long ago this was? Perhaps, Tom has settled down even though he might lean towards being gay.

Tom is known for suing the pants off of anyone who makes claims about his sexuality. In the end, he has more resources than any average person could ever go up against.

:clap:

Well put Texana!

Thank you. :blowkiss:

I think Nanandjim is right, the Cruise/Travolta attorneys are paid very well to squelch anything that might hurt the bottom line of the actors or Scientology.

Tom is known for suing the pants off of anyone who makes claims about his sexuality. In the end, he has more resources than any average person could ever go up against.
Olivia, your Taffy was beautiful. Sorry you lost her. :(

I agree Shopper. I don't care for what I know of Tom but don't wish them ill at all! They put themselves out there in the public, even (in Tom's case) mouthing off about their views on everything, like many celebs. When they do that, people comment. Notice the celebs that don't do that? Hardly a comment from the masses!

Eve

Exactly. There are plentyof celeb couples that go out of their way to avoid speaking about their new relationship. I'd say most of them are that way. But Tom and Katie? Within mere weeks (if not days) he's jumping on the couch, bringing Katie onstage on Oprah; her gushing like a 7th grader in that scientology scripted interview that someone posted a link to; photo-opping all over Hollywood. And it's all so over the top. It reeks of fake IMO.

So IMO, discussion of their life and relationship, positive OR negative, is fair game. Besides, don't we cover a variety of celebs on this board - Paris, Britney, Lindsay, etc. It's not just Tom and Katie.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i always thought that cruise and travolta were lovers but that was just my opinion.

Gosh, I'm glad someone else on this thread wishes nothing but the best for this lovely couple, too. :twocents:, but I think this family is adorable.

Also, if memory serves, didn't some guy who professed knowledge as to Tom's supposed gay status, lose in a lawsuit, filed by Tom? I know I read that somewhere...the guy lost the suit...big time.

EVEN if Tom was gay (which I highly doubt), does it REALLY matter? I'm just asking. I've never understood some of the public's infatuation with Tom's sexual status. Why is someone's sexual status so important, even if it's Tom's? Who cares?

He's been married three times; his first wife was a Scientologist (an actress, Mimi Rogers). He married Nicole Kidman after Mimi, now Katie. :waitasec: If he's gay, he's sure doing one heckuva' job hiding it...from three lovely ladies...now a child to boot. :D :D

:banghead:

Shopper,

Where on earth did you read that I wished Tom and Katie Holmes' marriage to fail? I've never, ever said that! I HAVE stated that I wish them all the best happiness in the world and that I truly hope their marriage is a successful and happy one. Please re-read my posts...unless there's a typo in there, then you've totally mis-read my posts.

And No, I do not like gossip. I have always hated it. And just because someone is a celebrity does NOT automatically mean that they should have to put their lives up for public review. I have a cousin in the movie industry and I'm quite certain that he, too, would not welcome unfounded print in the media detailing his private life for all to see.

There definitely IS a fine line when you're in this type business between embracing your public, who supports those in this business, and wanting to have some sort of privacy in your life kept to yourself and out of the prying eyes of the public.

There used to be a day when the paparazzi weren't so intrusive. Nowadays, anything and everything goes. It's just my opinion, but I don't believe that just because someone, ANYONE, is a high profile personality, should automatically mean that your private life is anyone's for the guessing.

I don't blame some celebrities one iota for taking some of these gossipy smear campaigns to task and suing the daylights out of them. Greed and money are usually the two persuasions which keep the shutterbugs clicking.

That's why I've always said that I'd love the money, but would hate the fame. I love the fact that I can go anywhere I please and the fact that I don't have to contend with a camera lens in my face 24/7. My Gawd...if I couldn't go on a family vacation without someone critiquing my swimsuit, choice of haircut, or what I chose to put on my baby, I don't know what I'd do.

I guess I'd learn to develop a really thick skin...you have to in that business. But I wouldn't want it...not for all the money in the world.

My mother used to say if you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all. JMO, but I wholeheartedly agree. And that's my :twocents:.

So, AGAIN...I wish Tom and Katie nothing but the best. I hope she has lots and lots more babies and I hope they have a wonderful life. They deserve it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO- you are quick, caught me before I thought better of my snide remark and removed it!! :innocent:

All the talking in circles is just making me kinda crazy- perhaps I should stop in @ the Org for a quick Auditing session?!

Was Tom a Scientologist back in the Risky Business era? I remember he & Rebecca DeMornay had a hot steamy relationship during & after the movie and it was by all accounts truly hot & steamy.

I don't have any issue with the marriage although it was awfully fast which would automatically give one great concern about it's ability to last long term. Katie is still basically a "child" herself and is entering a period of life when we all change a lot, while Tom is of an age when you "are who you are" for the most part. That alone could doom them.

MY issue with Tom is the whole mental health issue and his "know it all attitude" - much the same issue I have with Rosie. While I respect anyone's right to believe what they believe, the way he speaks out more AGAINST beliefs then simply saying "this is what I believe personally" rubs me the wrong way. When he first started the whole mental health is B.S. and there's no such thing as post partum depression/psychiatry is BS etc, it just blew any respect or admiration I had for him. Yes, he has every right to think that way, but out of respect for the THOUSANDS (hundreds of thousands?) folks who ARE being helped by treatment and medication, he sure as heck could have worded things a lot better. Tom shows no respect for OTHER people's right to have opinions much less the opinions they have, so why should I respect his? I don't know enough about Scientology to judge it though I suspect it's quite culty and mind controlling, but the one thing their most prominent representatives (celebrities) seem to prove is that humility is NOT one of their teachings.

Tom's sexuality is a non issue to me - I was a fan until he started spouting off like Mr Know It All with no respect or willingness to listen to others. While I may or may not watch any of his movies on tv when they reach it, I certainly will NOT ever go out to see one or rent one.

And let me also add that when Tom goes on tv etc and specifically makes intentional statements about psychiatry etc, then I have every right to respond with my opinion in any forum I choose. I'm not saying that as a dig to those defending Tom, I'm simply saying that I can see the whole paparazzi/invasion of privacy issue, but when he chooses to either speak publicly or act out (couch jumping) in public, we all have the right to respond/judge those events. And realistically, even private citizens get speculated about sexually and maritally - maybe not by so MANY, but it happens all the time.

Like Phil Spector and Napoleon, I think Tom Cruise suffers from LITTLE MAN syndrome. Thus, he has to control everything and EVERYONE around him. I pity this new child he seems to have completely singled out from the rest of his children (adopted) to obsess about because this kid will be turned into nothing but a Scientology robot. Poor sweet little thing. She'll never know freedom of choice about anything. Hopefully, when she's old enough, she'll stage a rebellion and take her mom along. Actually, I hope Katie does this long before this little child is grown and that Scientology crap is imprinted! It's my impression (as a people watcher only) Katie isn't a happy camper. When Tom kisses her (saw this at the soccer finals in Spain) she reluctantly takes the kisses with closed mouth. She didn't seem excited about what she was seeing. Maybe she doesn't understand soccer. I think it isn't hard to enjoy the beach with Tom and the baby because she is in love with her own child. Don't know who cut Katie's hair but it's not "current" or tasteful in that it's not layered at all and doesn't add to her looks. As for Katie's weight, I was a bit shocked at the beach pic of her in the swimsuit where her back displayed prominent ribs. Someone on here opined she will show weight loss in the upper torso and always be prone to gain in the lower torso or at least look heavier in that area. I concur. Thing is, her ribs indicate some serious weight loss and her stomach area, arms, neck area indicate the same. Even her face looks much thinner compared to her former, healther self. This just doesn't look like she's "been working out". I can tell "toned" from loss of muscle. This lady has plain lost weight. If she were older, she'd look even worse. This young woman, once so lovely, looks kinda sad and over-the-hill right now. Sure hope she WAKES UP AND SMELLS THE SCIENTOLOGY STENCH and gets the heck outta there with her little one asap!!

gaia

I've got a soft spot for little Suri, what an adorable little girl, and his other children too are great kids, I don't think we will see those two teens in the headlines for bad things. I'm giving Tom a break on his kids, he seems to be doing a fine job with them, and despite all my misgivings and some of the downright absurd beliefs of Scientology, they do have a gentle and loving approach to child rearing that I appreciate. He is also present in his children's lives, you don't see that with many celebrities, he and Katie are always there for their activities, As for Katie, it looks to me that she has simply grown up and wishes to look that way, she is a woman and a Mother now and not the girl we all remember from Dawson's Creek.

...EVEN if Tom was gay (which I highly doubt), does it REALLY matter? I'm just asking. I've never understood some of the public's infatuation with Tom's sexual status. Why is someone's sexual status so important, even if it's Tom's? Who cares?...
I totally agree. Who cares? So, why would Tom be doing everything in his power to deny it? I also think that it is no big deal, especially in this day and age. My husband, however, says that it's important for him to hide it because he plays a lot of macho roles. He feels that those parts may not be offered to him and/or the audiences won't be there to watch those movies if he admits that he is gay. I personally think that people would accept it if he admitted it and moved on. Of course, that would blow his marriage sham. Plus, now he has three children to consider.

I think that people make a big deal out of something that others try to hide. When you don't hide it, the wind seems to be taken out of the gossip sails. :)

As for Katie wearing closed-toed heels, she has horrible hammer toes probably from wearing those type of shoes for years. I suspect that's why she's "hiding" her feet. She knew that photogs were going to be there to take photos. It does look like yet another of their staged photo ops. In any case, I still think that she is attractive. I hope that she doesn't get any thinner.

I do not think that Victoria Beckham thin is attractive at all. Of course, I could stand to be on the VB diet for about a month, myself. While I am confessing, my feet could use some tender loving care, too. ;)

I agree Shopper. I don't care for what I know of Tom but don't wish them ill at all! They put themselves out there in the public, even (in Tom's case) mouthing off about their views on everything, like many celebs. When they do that, people comment. Notice the celebs that don't do that? Hardly a comment from the masses!

Eve

It's funny how little I really care about Tom and Katie, but here I sit reading all the posts, LOL. I don't care one iota if he is gay (don't like him either way) but I admit I have wondered (briefly) if the two of them actually had sex or if Kate was artificially inseminated.

For all those thinking we are so hard on celebs here on WS... I thought it was a well known fact that the biggest gossipers (both good AND bad) are the people IN Hollywood that work in the entertainment industry. We've got nothing on them! ;)

I totally agree. Who cares? So, why would Tom be doing everything in his power to deny it? I also think that it is no big deal, especially in this day and age. My husband, however, says that it's important for him to hide it because he plays a lot of macho roles. He feels that those parts may not be offered to him and/or the audiences won't be there to watch those movies if he admits that he is gay. I personally think that people would accept it if he admitted it and moved on. Of course, that would blow his marriage sham. Plus, now he has three children to consider.

I think that people make a big deal out of something that others try to hide. When you don't hide it, the wind seems to be taken out of the gossip sails. :)

As for Katie wearing closed-toed heels, she has horrible hammer toes probably from wearing those type of shoes for years. I suspect that's why she's "hiding" her feet. She knew that photogs were going to be there to take photos. It does look like yet another of their staged photo ops. In any case, I still think that she is attractive. I hope that she doesn't get any thinner.

I do not think that Victoria Beckham thin is attractive at all. Of course, I could stand to be on the VB diet for about a month, myself. While I am confessing, my feet could use some tender loving care, too. ;)
--your husband is right--If he ever admitted to the world that he was gay,his career would be destroyed--but I don't think he's gay,anyway

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back