KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That really shook me that the courtroom observers had to take off their ribbons for Travis, at least she couldn't make the family do it....this "defendent rights" thing is starting to get out of control....This case above all others to me shouts for some victim rights in and out of the courtroom.

Try to understand that this is quite common in courtrooms all over the country. The courtroom is a place of business and as emo as these cases are, it is about the business of justice following the laws of the jurisdiction. It's part of a fair trial process. No jury should be swayed by emotion; their job is to judge the case based solely on the evidence, testimony, and then the instructions given by the judge under the law. Having sympathy for the victim's family or friends is not part of the equation in their decision and anything that could prejudice a jury towards a defendant has to be limited.

Try to understand that this is quite common in courtrooms all over the country. The courtroom is a place of business and as emo as these cases are, it is about the business of justice following the laws of the jurisdiction. It's part of a fair trial process. No jury should be swayed by emotion; their job is to judge the case based solely on the evidence, testimony, and then the instructions given by the judge under the law. Having sympathy for the victim's family or friends is not part of the equation in their decision and anything that could prejudice a jury towards a defendant has to be limited.

I worked as a bailiff in a felony Court for almost 15 years and we did not allow any side to wear big picture buttons with victims or defendants pictures on them. However a blue ribbon with an elephant on it would not have been a problem. The Jurors know that the families are there to support their love ones and did not seem to ever be upset about something like that. I think this late in the game it is a tactic from the DT because they are grasping at straws to find any excuse to make T's family or supporters look bad. Desperation. Side note, my Juries were one of the best thing about my job. I loved them. They were really really special. JMHO

My position on the ribbon removal is if its one less appellate issue I'm all for it. We carry the spirit in force.

Big hugs to Alfonse, and to you Katiecoolady. Thinking good thoughts and lots of white, healing light.

Happy to finally report there was a big shift w Alfonse tonite. I rubbed his feet and he sort of perked up and was talking with excitement about setting up our new house , talking about a phone call w one of my bffs who called him today and even updated ME on what was going on w the JA trial from what he saw on the news w his added opinions lol! I'm so relieved and will sleepy like a bear hibernating in winter tonite. :)

Happy to finally report there was a big shift w Alfonse tonite. I rubbed his feet and he sort of perked up and was talking with excitement about setting up our new house , talking about a phone call w one of my bffs who called him today and even updated ME on what was going on w the JA trial from what he saw on the news w his added opinions lol! I'm so relieved and will sleepy like a bear hibernating in winter tonite. :)

You're an amazing sister.

Jenni, with all due respect, this thread is dedicated to Katie and the goings on in and around her life.

Maybe you should just skip this thread if your tired of reading it.

There is another thread dedicated to what's happening inside the court room.

The mods have already said that they are waiting on permission from Tricia and SoSueMe to make a separate thread dedicated to the fundraising efforts.

I'm not trying to be snarky or rude, just trying to make your day better :) :seeya:

KatieCL,
I think you're awesome and you did inspire me to donate to the Alexander family last week.

Scoll up and see posts about court.

Jenni..

KCL will advise if/when she's going to post her court observations on this thread so that we can check the thread titled: a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

I've pasted the link below.. you can view her court room posts without view additional details provided in this thread..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202451&page=27

Hope that helps!

Katiecoolady....I don't want to take up too much space on this thread.

I just want to say that I hope your brother is doing better. He has 'eyes of light' I don't know any other way to describe it. Lots of prayers for him to get better.

Also, thank you for everything you're doing in connection with this trial. You're a real angel.

It looks like someone got this thread confused with the court observer thread. I'll be posting my observations in a bit once I head over to the coffee shop. Just trying to wake up here and do some business. I'm also including the exact donation info that I got from Sam yesterday. fyi

Don't know where to post this but I just saw it on facebook and was so taken by the story of a survivor of the OJ trial that I had to bring it here. Sorry if that is not ok.
KCL you could have written it too.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/0...der-family-kim-goldman-ron-goldman-oj-simpson

Just an aside, Katie I read your victim impact statement for the subsequent sentencing of your dear sweet sister murderer. The one the court chose to find retarded. And all I can say is WOW that really had an IMPACT.:rocker::rocker:

Just an aside, Katie I read your victim impact statement for the subsequent sentencing of your dear sweet sister murderer. The one the court chose to find retarded. And all I can say is WOW that really had an IMPACT.:rocker::rocker:

Thank you..and I'm told it actually did have an impact on that biased Judge who ruled everything against us. I confronted her just feet away from her on this and she ruled consecutive vs. concurrent sentences they were asking for (meaning he could have gotten up for parole in just 5 years). Thank you. I wrote it at midnight impulsively as I wasn't even going to go I was so disgusted with the whole thing. But I'm glad I went. And his attorney had the audacity to apologize to me in the courtroom before I went up to speak --in front of everyone. Sorry, apology was not something I was interested in at that moment. If you were truly sorry you would not have tortured our family in the ways you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute