KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In watching the foreman on GMA this morning, I am truly shocked that he believed that Travis was mentally and verbally abusive.

How is everyone feeling this morning?

I feel incredibly sad for the family. I also feel reassured that there are lots of wonderful people like yourself KCL looking after them.

I think rehashing what happened yesterday over and over would be unproductive. I take from what has been happening to me recently is that when I have setbacks, is to start over the next day with a renewed spirit.

Have a good holiday weekend. :)

It's strange but I feel relief. I know self serving Jodie is locked up a bit tighter today and no more interviews. She has been in the limelight for too many months. She made this trial about her and not Travis. I hope the Alexandars can go home knowing the guilty of 1st degree premediated murder and extreme cruelty has been handed down. The next few months will give us a time to regroup our feeling and emotions. I feel like we have all won this case regardless of the punishment. I almost wish they had decided life yesterday because I don't think this judge would have given her parole. The judge knows the law and upholds the law without emotions.. She has been rediculed by many but all her decesions was to protect against appeal I do believe. The only reason I will have HLN turned on now will be to see if any jurors speak. I still want to hear from juror #5. HlN is on mute(pause) lol.
Prayers, peace and faith all.....God is in control
PS time to get a new supply of blue candles and have them ready for next time. In the meantime Travis has touched the hearts of many more people in death than he perhaps could have in life. I wish he were still with us but on the bright side this happened to anothet person in history Jesus

Hi Kathy,

How are you feeling?

You know when you wake up suddenly in the middle of the night with an awful feeling in your stomach, knowing something is wrong, but you're just coming out of sleep? Then, it hits you and you remember what is wrong. That's how I felt all night long.

I ache for the Alexanders and their friends. I'm so so sorry that this has to be gone through all over again. I take the feelings that I'm feeling and multiply them by 10,000 --that must be the pain that they are experiencing.

I have no ill feelings towards the jury. On the contrary, they got the first two parts exactly right. I keep reminding myself that the murderess will be locked up for the rest of her sad, miserable, broken, disgusting, worthless life.

For reasons only God knows, this is the way it must be. I pray that all involved can be boosted up with strength and light. All of us here are with the family and friends 100%. They are not alone.

More importantly, how are you feeling kcl? I hope you are doing ok. You have been through more than most people will ever have to go through and your strength is inspiring. We are so lucky to have been able to get your perspective on this case ...especially since you have been through a similar tragic event. I hope you will get a chance to rest a little over the next few weeks. It must be so hard being next to the Alexander's and feeling their pain. I hope they know so many people are thinking of them. Take care.

After seeing the GMA interview, the word "betrayed" comes to mind. :(

Who was on?

Edited to add, never mind, I just read on the other thread. I wonder what our name for him was? Gotta go find out. And, try to find the interview.

Content that M1 plus “especially cruel” have been firmly confirmed and permanently (hopefully) established.

Still processing penalty non decision - from statistics, knew odds were against a DP verdict – but due to obviously meticulously premeditated, heinous, savage, slaughter of a defenseless, nude, cornered man, not sure how this jury didn’t unanimously find for the DP. If not appropriate and well earned in this case, then which one!

Need clarification: Since DP has not been carried out on a woman since the 1930s in AZ, not sure of differences between DP and LWOP as far as JA’s potential housing/privileges are concerned. Would her life/privileges be similar on DP as on LWOP? TIA

Truly sad and concerned that this phase of the process was not concluded yesterday for the sake of the A siblings/loved ones/friends and, frankly, for all of us as well.

Katiecoolady: Simple thanks to you for taking us all on this journey with you! It has been extraordinary! I have often thought, if I had a big sister and could choose, I’d like her to be just like you! Thanks again!

After seeing the GMA interview, the word "betrayed" comes to mind. :(

I don't understand how the foreman could say he thinks Jodi was mentally and verbally abused - he has it backwards!!!! :banghead:

Has anyone said which juror was the foreman - juror number or nickname? Did I miss it somewhere?

I don't understand how the foreman could say he thinks Jodi was mentally and verbally abused - he has it backwards!!!! :banghead:

Has anyone said which juror was the foreman - juror number or nickname? Did I miss it somewhere?

From the other thread:

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes.

From the other thread:

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes.

I always thought he was more like in his 70s. Esp when you see him up and walking.

KCL, thank you for all you have done, and all you will continue to do.

Dear Alexander family
I'm not a religious person, but I have been thinking of you all, and sending my thoughts and best wishes to you. You have been through so much, and I want you to be encouraged by this hung jury, rather than defeated. 8 people wanted her to receive the DP and WOULD NOT GIVE IN.

You have succeeded in countering every single vile thing that came from your brother's murderer's mouth. Travis will be remembered as YOU remember him, not as he was portrayed by a proven liar.

You have been successful in supporting and speaking (however silently - your presence speaks for itself) for your brother, who cannot tell his own story. You have been classy throughout, which speaks VOLUMES about the caliber of your family. Others see this too.

I see a hung jury as a WIN.
Keep the faith - justice will be served.

K (aka JusticeReigns)

Dear KCL,

Peeking thru the curtains of lurkdom here. :blushing:

I am so sorry for the precious Alexander Family and Friends that they didn't get a verdict yesterday. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with them.

Katie, thank you so much for all you have shared here. You are an amazing lady! You have kept us here informed, comforted, and, when needed, amused (ie spanx :) Seeing all you do for the Alexander family and your own family has inspired me to strive to be a better person.

I have to admit when I first started watching this trial it was with much reserve. I know from watching past trials, I get too sucked in and am left feeling deflated at the end. Not my experience this time. And it is due to you
and all the fantastic WSers here sharing that has made me love more and care more. Thank you all! Love to you all!

Have a good weekend!

PS My family thinks I have left the planet when I point to the TV and shout "There's Katie Cool Lady"!

Remember how ALV kept saying she was basing her conclusions not on just what was quoted in court but on "thousands" of texts and emails she had read? I think the jury was probably under the impression that there was loads of abusive language they didn't see. ALV left out the part about how none of those thousands of messages contained any verbal abuse from Travis. I think she was being purposely misleading.

Respectfully snipped.

I have experience dealing with people with mental illness and my belief (which could be totally wrong) is that someone on the jury had experienced living with a mentally ill person (or works in the field). I think they would able to convict for M1 easily, but when it comes to sentencing for life/death they found it wasn't so black and white. Just moo.

That maybe something to bring up in the next round.

It has taken me a long time to realize the difference between a personality disorder and a mental illness. She does not have a mental illness, she has a personality disorder.

until this trial .. and it took me time to understand.. 2 months.. I really never understood about cluster B and all of that. And the difference between level 1 and level 2 or whatever it is called. But now that I do understand she cannot be treated. She is evil. plain and simple plain and simple. Moo.

I do not know how prosecutor during the next round can explain it. does seem like if anyone can he can. but I think that might be very important for the next phase.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members