KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand everyone has their own opinions but why, when you are asked if you would be able to give the death penalty if it comes to it would you be unable to after going through all that. I have tried to put myself in their shoes many times and admit it would be a terrible feeling to be part of the decision to take someone's life life and something you would carry with you for ever. But_ we are in no doubt she did kill him and it is the savagery which she used that makes a mockery of self defence. You would do what you had to to save your life and get out. Not kill someone 3 times over and put his body in the shower to be found in that awful state. I hope the Alexander's have the strength for yet more prolonging of closure.

I agree so much with you on this post. The thing that I kept thinking yesterday was...

You aren't killing Jodi... Jodi killed Jodi. SHE DID THIS TO HERSELF!

I still don't understand how a DP qualified jury couldn't do what they were charged to do. Wait until they get all the information they haven't been able to. I hope they realize how much of a mistake they made in not finishing this. The "guilt" to me is just an excuse. Like I said.. Jodi did this to herself June 4, 2008. Justice is only delayed not denied.. but what a mess for the family.

You make some very valid points and that could well be the case. A hugh amount of things have to be taken into consideration. Is it a better option to give life in prison because someone is mentally ill? I admit I am no expert and I don't know if Bpd or being a sociopath or psychopath is something treatable or a flaw in someone's make up. We don't even know if that is the true assessment of her problems. Just some thoughts to put out there. My own personal belief is if she had not been caught , after killing once she would have done so again and we would be seeing a different sort of case further down the line.

(In reply to post by Fruity)

I think the planets have aligned in this case. The reason that I say this is because Katie kool has unknowingly shown us so much about going through what she is going through with her brother during this trial.

excuse my use of a trademark.. a phrase ..but you can't make this stuff up.

How this trial happens and that she is going with her brother to help us understand mental illness is unbelievable. It is karma .

What he was going through and his delusions and now he has treatment and is supportive to her..is a wonderful person. I do not think the Jodi can have treatment and be a wonderful person. That is the difference between a mental illness and personality disorder for what I have been reading.

I am so thankful that Katie has been here for us all to help us understand even though she had no idea that this sharing of what she was going through with her brother at the time during the trial would be so instrumental in understanding the difference between Jodi and her brother.

Mental illness vs personality disorder.

Even though she does have a personality disorder I am concerned many people will think people with borderline personality disorder are killers. That is not true and that's not an excuse either.

Moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Respectfully snips

There's a massive difference between the mental illness of someone like Jodi or Ted Bundy, compared to Andrea Yates. Imo of course.

I personally believe Scott Peterson is a classic sociopath (I didn't follow the case closely so I don't know if there was a diagnosis) and I think he's right where he belongs. Mental illness isn't black and white at all. There is so much grey. It makes cases like this very hard, especially when the person is of high intelligence. Many sociopaths are extremely intelligent and they use it to their advantage, to wreak further terror.

I do not believe that Jodi has a mental illness. I think she has a personality disorder and she is evil.
Moo

ETA.. Sorry I am on my phone and I did not realize I was posting and Katie's thread. I will leave this now as it stands as my response but I will continue conversation on this in the main thread. Sorry to do this in her thread.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

How is everyone feeling this morning?
Hello Katie,

I have not posted before, but here are my thoughts. While sentencing is delayed, and the agonizing process for the Alexander family and friends continues, it has clearly demonstrated to the world how painful the process is for the victims. The attention is on the victims, where it belongs, rather than on the murderer. When she is finally sentenced, it will be a much smaller news story and I hope, the murderer will receive little or no attention at that time.

I think it is a huge problem that the jury has to decide between death and life without being able to specify with or without the possibility of release. If a juror does not think the DP is appropriate, they are risking that a dangerous criminal may be released at a later date. This is the same agonizing decision that you and your family were facing after the murder of your sister. I think this contributed to the hung jury which further tortures the victims. Perhaps we can work to change this law.

When my infant son died, I learned to focus on what I had, rather than what I lost. In this case, JA is convicted of M1 and aggravating factors are proven. She is locked up and is in solitary confinement for the moment. There is little or no sympathy for her. Any attention has been taken away from her. She can not physically hurt anyone now.

With JA, I fear even for the prison population, and accordingly think the DP would be appropriate, but I would be willing to live with life without possibility of release. Justice delayed is not justice denied.

Thank you for giving so much support to the family. Your sister's legacy is beautiful.

I agree so much with you on this post. The thing that I kept thinking yesterday was...

You aren't killing Jodi... Jodi killed Jodi. SHE DID THIS TO HERSELF!

I still don't understand how a DP qualified jury couldn't do what they were charged to do. Wait until they get all the information they haven't been able to. I hope they realize how much of a mistake they made in not finishing this. The "guilt" to me is just an excuse. Like I said.. Jodi did this to herself June 4, 2008. Justice is only delayed not denied.. but what a mess for the family.

But, the jurors DID do what they were charged to do. They deliberated, and they voted. They were not compelled to agree with one another. The jury instructions made this clear.

I deleted that negative post that I copied and pasted here....I agree with someone else who said this on here...The Question Is...How are you doing KCL...?? Everything you have gone through in your personal life and still finding the time to help The Alexander Family.I wonder the toll it has taken on you...?

Thanks everyone. What I'm feeling is exhausted and spent. But that's just what I'd be feeling if the death verdict had come in. I know how this process goes for me. I'm not feeling defeated or without hope. I went out last night w a friend and drank too much wine so I'm feeling also hungover. ;)

I'm working today, getting my nails done after hopefully and starting this weekend on a new level of self care and wellness to recover from all this adrenaline. But I'd not do anything differently I don't think. It was all worth it.

And we'll be ready to join the family for the next round, refreshed and energized (and hopefully a few pounds lighter ;) ).

Xoxo

In watching the foreman on GMA this morning, I am truly shocked that he believed that Travis was mentally and verbally abusive.

I am too as to me it was ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that when Travis spoke of the tree, etc he was role playing to please the deviant's fantasies not his own - he was just saying words, there was no excitement, pleasure or since of thrill in his voice saying those things - it was her vixen game, not his and that is so clear to me. I am sad that was lost on some on the jury. I hope Juan can somehow convey to the next jury this was part of her manipulation and encourage them to listen to the tone of his voice. (bored utterances at best) I hope he can educate those on the next jury not exposed to SM role playing games of its existence and what makes sense in that blackmail recording.

But what makes me sadder is that perhaps the email where Travis calls the felon out for being the sociopath she is - when he discovered the evil before him............that somehow the jury might not have seen he was reacting very normally to the discovery of what sat before him, toyed with him and tried to control him was in fact evil and soulless and that those words were not sent to be cruel or abusive, but rather to set boundaries that would show the felon she needed help and that he was taking his power back that she no longer would be allowed to impart her deviance on his life.

To me - that was ABUNDANTLY CLEAR - but, I would have to really think about is that because we know the whole story -- if so, somehow that is Juan's job to craft this next phase so that no matter what the next jury decides, they walk away knowing these two things. More than anything, I think that is what the family needs most right now - is to know the world doesn't buy her crap and sees the truth of the snippets played and shown in court.

Remember how ALV kept saying she was basing her conclusions not on just what was quoted in court but on "thousands" of texts and emails she had read? I think the jury was probably under the impression that there was loads of abusive language they didn't see. ALV left out the part about how none of those thousands of messages contained any verbal abuse from Travis. I think she was being purposely misleading.
...and the jury saw primarily Travis's side of those that were admitted into evidence. The jury knew little about JA's crazy stalking behavior that led Travis to the conclusions he reached. The jury gave Travis justice. The current situation is simply a stumbling block on the path to ultimate justice.
The clear, rational words from all of you here is life affirming to me after the months of life killing drivel from JA. We all know that Travis experienced that force from JA yet he was able, up to the day he died, to remain primarily positive, life affirming, and loving. He is a testament to his faith and his family. The Alexanders are an example of a very uncommon resiliency. JA killed Travis physically but even in death Travis's spirit is undeterred.
KatieCoolady you are a remarkable woman. Truly amazing.
Thank you all. Today is a brighter day.

Katie maybe between now and the next DP phase we could all start to get donations together for the Alexander family to stay in their rooms again....and things like that.

I doubt it will happen in June or July; as once a defendant get's their sick foot in any door, then it's delay delay delay. She will try to represent herself again, she will cause trouble and she will do all of this knowingly. Everyone should prepare for that. I am so sorry for the A family. KCL; you are to be commended honey for all that you've done. We Salute you! :grouphug::blushing:

Hello Katie,

I have not posted before, but here are my thoughts. While sentencing is delayed, and the agonizing process for the Alexander family and friends continues, it has clearly demonstrated to the world how painful the process is for the victims. The attention is on the victims, where it belongs, rather than on the murderer. When she is finally sentenced, it will be a much smaller news story and I hope, the murderer will receive little or no attention at that time.

I think it is a huge problem that the jury has to decide between death and life without being able to specify with or without the possibility of release. If a juror does not think the DP is appropriate, they are risking that a dangerous criminal may be released at a later date. This is the same agonizing decision that you and your family were facing after the murder of your sister. I think this contributed to the hung jury which further tortures the victims. Perhaps we can work to change this law.

When my infant son died, I learned to focus on what I had, rather than what I lost. In this case, JA is convicted of M1 and aggravating factors are proven. She is locked up and is in solitary confinement for the moment. There is little or no sympathy for her. Any attention has been taken away from her. She can not physically hurt anyone now.

With JA, I fear even for the prison population, and accordingly think the DP would be appropriate, but I would be willing to live with life without possibility of release. Justice delayed is not justice denied.

Thank you for giving so much support to the family. Your sister's legacy is beautiful.

Well said - and highlighting profound wisdom in your post.
HUGE HUGS for your loss.

:wagon:

Thanks everyone. What I'm feeling is exhausted and spent. But that's just what I'd be feeling if the death verdict had come in. I know how this process goes for me. I'm not feeling defeated or without hope. I went out last night w a friend and drank too much wine so I'm feeling also hungover. ;)

I'm working today, getting my nails done after hopefully and starting this weekend on a new level of self care and wellness to recover from all this adrenaline. But I'd not do anything differently I don't think. It was all worth it.

And we'll be ready to join the family for the next round, refreshed and energized (and hopefully a few pounds lighter ;) ).

Xoxo
Dear Lady, For some reason when I read this my mind went to the song "Stewball was a Racehorse"...anyway made me laugh, which is first time since hearing the non-verdict. I didn't see the interview with the jury foreman, but to be fair, the jury only heard what they heard. We know the email was taken out of context, they don't. We know about the slashed tires, they don't. There is much that we know and they didn't hear. I think when or if they decide to actually see what this woman is all about, they will wonder why they couldn't know these things. The next jury (if there is one) will know much more. I am confident that no matter the final verdict, it will be the right one. I take comfort in the fact that she will only have herself and all her evil incarnations for company. I am with you on the few pounds lighter comment, I stress eat and I look it after this trial. Get those nails done. Buy some clothing that is one size smaller than you are...its inspirational. We love you so much. We will all be here when we are needed and this trial convenes again. The Alexander's will have some respite since you just know there will be continuances coming down the pike. I hope that they will take this time to find solid ground again after this roller coaster ride. We love them like family.

IN regards to the Foreperson stating that he thought she was verbally and mentally abused by TA, that was a phone sex tape. I agree, with others that one text message on fight in text message does NOT equal ANY KIND OF ABUSE and I'm shocked that the Foreperson would state so.
JA was Not and never will be a SURVIVOR of any kind of abuse. Of this I am 100% positive in my humblest of opinions. Let's hope the next jury can do their job that is asked of them. They had everything they needed to bring a sentence of Death. Juan, I hope you are starting your case preparation next week and we will be with you 100% all the way until the END. It's not over yet. I'm sickened that JA was allowed to use the elmo and any PROPS during her flat affect statement to the world. Then her happy go lucky demeanor and hateful demeanor to the Press afterwards. I'm calling for the Sheriff to stick to the order: NO MORE INTERVIEWS ESP DURING ANY PHASE OF HER CASE and for the judge? You so disappointed me in so many ways during this trial there just are no words. I hope you never sit on a death penalty case again because I don't think you are qualified. It's over your head. just my opinion. Never had control of that court room as a matter of fact it's MY OPINION that JA had her running in circles and it's clear JA was in control of that whole trial. Not our good Judge. While this may sound like a scathing review, it's my review. I'm sticking to it based on what we saw. And didn't see, and I mean the CENSORSHIP that this judge engaged in. Going to air the trial? Then don't be so afraid in the future and start censoring things. It will get you right off that bench.

Xoxo

Good to hear this! I (we all, I'm sure) really appreciate the personal sacrifices you made to take us into the courtroom with you. You don't owe us anything, and you gave us a lot of yourself. That's a brave and generous gift. Thank you KCL!

Xoxo

I'm so glad you are spending some time on yourself! I have a question I was wondering about, and if it's too personal I understand. I know that in your sister's case you had 2 different verdicts. In hindsight, do you feel one is "better" than the other? Over the years does it get easier or do the appeal hearings cause you to relive everything? Did you get any satisfaction out of seeing the inmate deteriorate? It must take an extraordinary amount of strength to keep going, and I truly admire you. Just wanted to get a better idea of what the victim's families go through.

I am calling B.S on the arias family not knowing,,you had all the news reporters saying this is diffrent for a hour,,the court knew a vedict was made and told all partys beforehand,,nurmi,court personal didnt tell sandy? Iam 100% convenced they all was at the grand canyon with angela ( the dumbsister),,funny nobody saw them anyplace near the court all day ,,,just like cfja they are playing the victim and shifting blame ,,

Will one of the court observers kindly list in order appearance the jurors by nickname? I can pick out Paul Rudd.. definitely attractive!

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405490606001

I feel so bad for the family. I wish they could have moved on after yesterday. I know that they are strong enough to take this minor step back and rest. Then make clear decisions about what they want to do going forward. My continued prayers to them all.

YES! And per Arpaio, she will be on lock down 23 of every 24 hours.. no jail house groupies.. and no more interviews!
No more field trips to air conditioned courtrooms in civilian clothes and ponytails. She faces the next 8 weeks or so in isolation, in Arizona during the summer, with no air conditioning. :dance: Here's hoping her new stash of makeup melts. :floorlaugh:

Hi all,

Just getting in from a night out with a friend who is one of the most positive uplifting people in my life. I will not keep watching this verdict over and over again and hope some of you won't either. I feel so much better and have so much perspective on this whole thing now.

I heard from two of the Alexanders this evening and the responses were full of love and appreciation. I will continue to be there for them for the duration. All is not lost.

Peace and blessings all............

After watching it over again I don't think JA was to happy either. She knows that her life is still on the line so no relief for her either. At least she suffers too. I love that they are going to lock her down with 23 hours in her cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean