KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you're focusing on your own well-being for a while. What is it the FAA requires an airline cabin crew to tell you before each flight... "in the unlikely event we lose cabin pressure, an oxygen mask will drop from the compartment above your head. PLEASE SECURE YOUR OWN MASK BEFORE ASSISTING OTHERS. " You're just securing your own mask. :)

Justice will be done. Not soon enough for anyone... but it will be done.

Thanks everyone. What I'm feeling is exhausted and spent. But that's just what I'd be feeling if the death verdict had come in. I know how this process goes for me. I'm not feeling defeated or without hope. I went out last night w a friend and drank too much wine so I'm feeling also hungover. ;)

I'm working today, getting my nails done after hopefully and starting this weekend on a new level of self care and wellness to recover from all this adrenaline. But I'd not do anything differently I don't think. It was all worth it.

And we'll be ready to join the family for the next round, refreshed and energized (and hopefully a few pounds lighter ;) ).

Xoxo

"And only a heartbeat away." My husband has been gone for 8 years and last night I had a dream that he surprised me by sitting next to me in a theater show. It was as if he were actually there sitting beside me. It is comforting to know they are still here and still care.

Same here! One of my brothers has been gone for ten years and I had a dream of him last night. My other brother and I were with him at his house. I awoke feeling happy that the three of us were together again. Yes, it is comforting. Sorry about your lost.

I wanted to state an opinion---Although I am pretty angry at the jury---the difference between the Death Penalty and Life (as long as she gets no parole) makes little difference. There is a HUGE difference between jail where she is currently at, and prison. In prison they will not care who she is---and in general population the chances of getting beat, robbed, raped are high. Of course it might take a few years to get to general population. On death row she would be isolated away from people 23-hours a day and will still live on average 12-years based on appeals. It's more of an "isolation" sentence---neither one is going to be fun for her. The borderline side of her will get her into fights in general population, some which may turn out bad. The narcissist side of her would cringe at isolation for 23-hours a day with little interaction. At least with Death Penalty cases—some are knocked down to life with no parole—and at least she can't get out with the Death Penalty.

Also, she has no chance of doing what she claims she wants to do other than Locks for Love. Prison will not let her have a book club or anything else---that was for show. She can have books in her cell. In fact, she mentioned a lot of things ---and that was because she was hoping for something to stick with any one juror—like helping the hearing impaired—she can’t do that either, that was a manipulative ploy targeted to a particular juror and I’m sure she knows the background of the Jurors. A few years in prison if she can show she behaves (doubtful)— might get a 50-cent an hour job helping people get their GED at best. Oh and those non-profits? Actually they were saying any money she made was going to her family and to Long Beach domestic violence and Laviolette? WOW—if true. Oh, and the prison already has a recycling program--lol

If she gets Life, the key thing to watch for at sentencing is with or without parole. If she gets 25-life with parole--THAT would be the injustice. She should get no parole and never walk the streets. Also I think Wilmott hurt her, not helped her--she was blasting the family while Arias wanted to be saved because of the family.

In fact, Wilmott was horrible in my opinion---whiny, agitated, and kept bringing up domestic violence. The Verdict was already guilty, so try to find some compassion from the jury and don’t insult their intelligence. Even if she eventually gets life---it won’t be because of Wilmott, and eight of the 12 still voted for Death. Although a ‘death qualified’ jury either couldn’t pull the trigger based on personal views (a lot of people say they can vote death until they get there) or there was a mitigating factor they bought. However, the evidence for death was overwhelming---and there was nothing mitigating except perhaps she is --crazy ---and she is young, pretty and FEMALE. Let’s say it now—the biggest loser with this verdict is women. Again----just like the old adage, ‘women and children first’ women are still not seen as accountable—like children. This goes for a lot of cases around the country—Casey Anthony or Winkler the Pastors wife and many more. If this was ‘Joey’ Arias and he had a beard and did the same thing—the decision would have been easy. Women continue to be unequal to men, and if you can’t be held accountable in the court room, no one is really going to see you as equal in the board room even though you may be there.

What's also sad is that Arias said that the Jury betrayed her before this sentencing non-verdict, and she sat on TV doing interviews calling reporters haters and still trashing Travis with make-up and no glasses. She also demanded make-up for this interview spree she went on. It’s the manipulative Jodi Arias Show and that is the sad part. Arias is really silly---perhaps she could have gotten LIFE if she had stayed away from the 'survivor' domestic violence t-shirts, and that Womack was threatened (big lie)----but she made the jurors decision harder to keep her alive, not easier. Two huge mistakes for Arias-- and why eight voted for death. She thinks she is smart but can’t resist getting digs in that hurt her---wonder if Einstein did that as well?

As far as Travis’s family—my heart breaks for them. None of them live in Arizona so they have to commute or live in a suitcase. This has taken a toll on them physically and emotionally. And this Jury failed them—oh sure—it voted for premeditated one and cruelty—I give them credit for that and for doing their civic duty for several months when many people try to avoid jury duty. However---the evidence was overwhelming for Death and sometimes you have to realize that if you give her death---she lives at least 12-years and likely it would have been reversed to Life without parole. To me if you sign a form and say you can carry out death by following the law—then you have to do it, that what makes you “death qualified’ and at least it gives the family some satisfaction and ends this phase so they can start their lives again. How convenient that the Jury is going home now for the Memorial weekend for grilling, barbecuing, potato salad and beans—and that Travis’s family, who has lost their Grandparents, their parents, their health, and one of the most beloved citizens that has walked this planet, can’t have a little peace on Memorial day for Travis. To me-- there were eight courageous people on that jury and four cowards. For these two women jurors to cry and mouth the words “We’re sorry,” is insufficient. I hope to God these were women that voted for the Death Penalty---otherwise that is insulting as well and inexcusable. If there ever was a poster child for the death penalty after all the stalking, harassing, lying, false accusations of abuse and pedophilia---and one the most horrific and vicious murders in American History—it is Jodi Arias----and whether she is cute or female or pretty shouldn’t matter----and that’s why I say-- the Justice System failed again, at least for now.

Speaking of the failed Arizona justice system, in some states an 8-4 death vote would put you on death row, in some states, a 8-4 death vote because it’s not unanimous---would automatically give you Life. Arizona gives you a redo with new jurors and a lot more tax payer money needed. It’s kind of stupid really. I think a two-thirds vote either way gives you Life or Death—that way it takes the pressure off each individual juror and their personal beliefs. Or how about 9-3 or 10-2? Do we need all 12 jurors voting the same way in the sentencing phase? We didn’t need that in the verdict phase where it could be Felony murder, Premeditation murder or both.

Anyway, to Travis’s family and his supporters— keep this in perspective---Jodi is guilty of premeditated murder with cruelty. She will spend a Long time in prison or get the Death Penalty. The goal is to maintain the course and remember perseverance along the path with this bump in the road. Travis would be looking down right now and saying---“The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path. To me this is a lesson learned that any of us no matter what lot we have been given in life, can, like the Phoenix rise from out of the ash and accomplish absolutely anything that we choose to.” (Travis Alexander). ---So today, although we may feel we are in the ashes, in July---we will rise.

Update: This morning I am watching a juror say they had a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact a woman did this (good grief just as I expected) and that they believe she was mentally and verbally abused and although they shouldn’t have considered it, it was there. What?
Maybe they should remember Travis was STALKED and trying to get AWAY from her. Travis said, “You have denied me the basic right of human privacy countless times.” Of course he was getting upset and ticked off. Who wouldn’t? And as far her mental status, she was two scoops of crazy before she even met Travis, and even her own mother knew she was mentally off. Like I said, there were eight heroes and four cowards. I haven’t changed my mind.

After all cools down, I really think the Alexander family should ask for LWOP and get it over with. No matter how hard this is, they need to go on and not continue to suffer. I hope this happens. To me, LWOP is worse than DP!

Same here! One of my brothers has been gone for ten years and I had a dream of him last night. My other brother and I were with him at his house. I awoke feeling happy that the three of us were together again. Yes, it is comforting. Sorry about your lost.

I'm sorry for your lost, also. But it is great when we dream of them in a loving manner. I can't help but think Jodi is not capable of ever having that type of feelings.

After all cools down, I really think the Alexander family should ask for LWOP and get it over with. No matter how hard this is, they need to go on and not continue to suffer. I hope this happens. To me, LWOP is worse than DP!

I agree with you that in the long run it's probably better for them. But, I know if someone viciously killed someone I loved I would want them dead. I think it's more of a psychological thing for them to hear the words "we the jury sentence you to death". Maybe they really need that.

I am still feeling sad for Travis's loved ones that this chapter has not been closed but I am feeling confident that his murderer will never walk free again.

If the family along with the prosecutor decides to continue this fight, I will stand with them. I hope that they have a chance to rest and heal a little before the June 20th meeting.

I am so distressed that the foreman and perhaps others bought into the lies that Travis abused her in any way.

They will continue to suffer every day of their lives. That part never ends.

My heart goes out to the Alexander Family. Whatever they feel about how they prefer this proceeds I will stand by. I'm sure it will take time for them to process. I pray for them every day.

Personally I really hope none of the Jurors speak out further. It doesn't matter to me who thought what and why. I don't want to hear anything negative about Travis. They have rendered their decision and that's the end for them. I think for them to speak out is only going to stir the pot.

Beth k just said shes in contact with the family and they say no deal,,,ok dear alexander family,lets do this and this time,,we win it all

Personally I really hope none of the Jurors speak out further. It doesn't matter to me who thought what and why. I don't want to hear anything negative about Travis. They have rendered their decision and that's the end for them. I think for them to speak out is only going to stir the pot.

One would think the jury would be sensitive to that as well. But, it didn't stop the foreman from jumping in there before dawn the next day to defend what I presume (IMO) to be his legion of four. I personally wouldn't mind hearing from at least one representative from the other mindset. I do agree that we've heard enough lies and negativity about Travis to last several lifetimes.

Still feeling sick inside for The Alexander family.Really shocked that 4 people on that jury actually thought the evil witch was worth saving...I feel sorry for those 4 when they actually see all her interviews that we were privy to...well, its not over tell the fat lady sings...for now its enough to know she's locked up...no more interviews...is it true her parents were out sightseeing when the so called non verdict came down...??

I went to angelas facebook page when the instruction came in the morning and it was reported the arias family wasnt there,,a hour before that she posted " were on our way to the grand canyon" ,,was her mom and dad there with them? I dont know but i would say yes,,she was not seen at all atornear the court at all yesterday and if i recall she was not there the day before during the debatable ? About a undesited!,,just like cfja,,her mom played victim and shifted blame

If the verdict would have come back death, the Arias family and the murderess would have blamed the court..as DB tried to do they were not given enough time to get to court. Another game move by Jodi and family, (wonder if they thought they could sue?) but the rest of the world is not playing in the narcissistic sociopath's game. Perhaps some people need to quit being supply sources for the murderess sociopath.
Make the Rule of Threes your personal policy. One lie, one broken promise, or a single neglected responsibility may be a misunderstanding instead. Two may involve a serious mistake. But three lies says you're dealing with a liar, and deceit is the linchpin of conscienceless behavior. Cut your losses and get out as soon as you can. Leaving, though it may be hard, will be easier now than later, and less costly.

Do not give your money, your work, your secrets, or your affection to a three-timer. Your valuable gifts will be wasted.
Too bad Travis didn't have Martha's book in his library.
http://www.bookbrowse.com/author_interviews/full/index.cfm/author_number/1097/martha-stout

Beth k just said shes in contact with the family and they say no deal,,,ok dear alexander family,lets do this and this time,,we win it all

Also spoke w them today- biggest concern is it will take a long time to get there so lets pray Juan gets his new jury ASAP.

Great points- I'm with you.

Hello Katie,

I have not posted before, but here are my thoughts. While sentencing is delayed, and the agonizing process for the Alexander family and friends continues, it has clearly demonstrated to the world how painful the process is for the victims. The attention is on the victims, where it belongs, rather than on the murderer. When she is finally sentenced, it will be a much smaller news story and I hope, the murderer will receive little or no attention at that time.

I think it is a huge problem that the jury has to decide between death and life without being able to specify with or without the possibility of release. If a juror does not think the DP is appropriate, they are risking that a dangerous criminal may be released at a later date. This is the same agonizing decision that you and your family were facing after the murder of your sister. I think this contributed to the hung jury which further tortures the victims. Perhaps we can work to change this law.

When my infant son died, I learned to focus on what I had, rather than what I lost. In this case, JA is convicted of M1 and aggravating factors are proven. She is locked up and is in solitary confinement for the moment. There is little or no sympathy for her. Any attention has been taken away from her. She can not physically hurt anyone now.

With JA, I fear even for the prison population, and accordingly think the DP would be appropriate, but I would be willing to live with life without possibility of release. Justice delayed is not justice denied.

Thank you for giving so much support to the family. Your sister's legacy is beautiful.

I love you for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member