KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the regular courtwatchers organized we would meet at her house...all she had to say to me was "mimosas will be involved" and I did this: :seeya:

SO....we had a plan, a metal detector and a time frame for today.

Cut back to story 1.

I look on my doorstep this morning and lo and behold there is the package!

It is in a med sized box, like the size you'd get a large blanket delivered in. I think, wow, what timing! I'm going to actually SEE a member of the family today! I can give it right to them!

So I had about an hour before taking off for the caper, so i sat down and opened this box.

I don't think I can adequately describe how precious this box was/is. the way everything was individually wrapped, layers of tissue between each thing, personalized handwritten cards, letters, thoughtfulness. I was just astounded at the care and kindness and artistry and nurturing that went in to this gift. I was wishing the family was opening it all just as i was. Then I realized, they can! I can take this box to them just like it is. I took some things out that were for people other than them (including ME) and then repacked everything carefully so they could have the same experience I did.

It was filled with gorgeous ties for the men, each labeled with their name (including Martinez and Flores..I still have those) and these beautiful Vera Bradley cosmetic bags in all sizes for the ladies with a story of their meaning. A deep blue for Travis and elephants all over them so "we never forget" him. So thoughtful.

Here is one pic of the box:

giftpic2packagescollage_Animation.gif

LizardQueen ... indeed, you have captured my inner Kermit! LOL!!!!

My folks divorced when I was little, and for most of my life I was with my mom in southern california, but for a few years (from 3rd to 6th grade) I lived with my Norwegian dad in Minnesota- we used to listen to Mystery Theatre on the radio, and I loved it... that is what I feel like now... I am snuggled up in bed waiting for Mystery Theatre to come on... teeheehee!

Sorry was having a little trouble getting the pic posted.

I will remind you, this person wanted to remain anonymous so she did this in the name of ALL the WS forum members. Here is a list of what she sent:

giftpic3longletter_Animation.gif

Dear Giftgiver,

You are a amazing example of a caring human being. I hope all your good deeds are the seeds of thousands more, and that they all return to you tenthousandfold.

OMG - Whoever sent all that to KCL...this is an understatement, but...

:yourock:

It's a little cut off but you can read she's writing what the elephant symbolizes.

So I drive way out to East Mesa to my pal's gorgeous house and sis is there w/ her sig other and we sit around having a little convo waiting for others and I bring in this big box. I tell her the basics, that it came from the WS forum, that one person sent it anonymously, that it contains gifts and described the cosmetic bags which is basically the only thing I've seen as one was for yours truly.

I tell her the dark blue is for Travis and the elephant is for................her eyes burst open wide, she gasps and whips her head around to her hubby and her jaw drops.

We're like WHAT?

She goes on to reach down and grab something hooked to her belt loop and show me which is in this next photo at the bottom:

gifpic4cardspurseandspecialelephant.jpg

She has hooked this little elephant with Travis button photo attached to it to her belt loop today to bring along today for good luck.

Travis has been coming to her for years in the form of elephants.

I say to her "well that's a box of elephants over there".

Our goosebumps now have goosebumps, including her husband.

I am sniffling already.

I shut down my sig because Nurmi doesn't deserve to be in on this.

So sweet.

And to hear anything about the new home owners would be lovely. I've had them on my mind since I saw the house sold. Hoping they are having wonderful new memories and good times in that house. Travis loved it so, I think he would want it that way. moo

She goes on to tell us story after miraculous story of how elephants have showed up in her life. We're all just in awe.

Two more members of our posse show up and she tells the entire round of stories again. I could have heard these same stories 15 more times, they were so beautiful and right up my alley of things that I live for.

OH that is amazing .. I just knew Travis' spirit was active .. crying .. thank you to the member who Travis found a way to speak through, this is truly amazing.

So we of course are talking about Travis, I never knew she'd never seen his home which is where our search is to begin.

Personally I had a feeling it was a longshot we'd ever find something. But I knew this was a significant part of HER journey. I share with her that in 1988 when my sister was killed, well early 1989 when I returned to AZ, I used to go, alone, out to the desert where she was killed. First thinking I'd find her missing shoe or something. Then I took a cross out there and realized it was the last place she drew a breath and maybe her spirit was alive there. I spent many saturdays in that place, alone, telling very few people as I thought people would find it macabre. It was my sanctuary. I shared this with her.

We also realized these similarties between Travis and Cindy:

- both just turned 30 and had a hard time with it and were struggling still being single and unmarried at that age, which set them up for vulnerability with a sociopath

- both oldest children

- both raised by a grandmother

- both living in Mesa at the time of their death, my sister may have been killed at home we don't know but her body was found just east of Mesa in the desert

- both killed in nearly identical ways, with the exception no gun used on Cindy

Oh my goodness... this moment feels so surreal. I think in life we get moments, brief moments, where we get to witness or experience something small yet amazing and this is one of them.

I have to say Katiecoo- you called Travis a connector... you are a connecter. You are young at heart and a light. Just like how I have heard so many others describe Travis as... that is the way you are... your energy... vibration... spirit.

You and he are kindred spirits.

I can't believe that just dawned on me, but you are, and now I see it- clearly.

Thank you for taking us with you on this journey, you will never know how much it means! XO

So we head out to Travis house first.

I say to the other gals who are wondering where we should go search etc. that we should 100% trust this sister. If she has a feeling , we follow it up no matter if it makes sense or not. This is HER sojourn and she needs this so we just go in support.

So we head out with a metal detector and a couple of cars and land first in Travis neighborhood. Of course we don't want to disturb the families there and one of the other gals had been there before out of curiosity and had an experience sitting under a tree in a little park across the street from his house. On a windless day the leaves started swirling around that tree with her sitting underneath it. She wanted to show it to her.

So we park see his big beautiful lovely home with a Welcome sign in front and sort of just stand there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV