KC standing by kidnap story per Lawyers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think KC has been advised to accept a plea deal all along by her attorneys. I think it is KC herself, that is refusing to plea. IF SHE refuses, there is nothing her attorney's can do, except go forward with the best defense they can put together.

Even the talking heads on NG say this is a very, very tough case for the defense because KC has NO credibility and everything she has said to date has been a lie, except for "she's close." I don't envy the position KC's "dream team" is in. It is really a nightmare.

Salem

It might be a nightmare - but in the end, they will all be FILTHY rich. (and filthy)!!! They will all write their books and make a fortune. JMO

I could not find a thread for this. If there is one please merge.

Just saw this on Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,466608,00.html

For months, Florida mother Casey Anthony, 22, has blamed her daughter Caylee's disappearance on a baby sitter, and Anthony's lawyers apparently are sticking with that story in planning her criminal defense -- even though they expect police to confirm that skeletal remains found Thursday are those of girl.

If any part of KC's DNA is found on the sticky side of that tape, her hair, fingerprints, sweat, saliva, etc., then this tactic won't work for her. Unless she can produce "a nanny" that she gave a key to, who would have had the ability to come in their house, do searches on the home pc for chloroform and neck breaking, then use personal items from the home to kill Kaylee and then place her in the neighborhood, then this tactic won't work for her.

That said;

I do keep going back to something our dear TurboThink keeps repeating:

The last known "REPUTIBLE" person to have seen Kaylee alive, is the Nurse at the Nursing Home in Mt. Dora, and that Nurse has provided a statement to LE & FBI that Kaylee was with CA, not KC.

And then I think about people who are diagnosed with Split Personality. (neighbor is a licensed psychologist and this is a real diagnosis). One personality is the good one, who does good in front of everyone. The other is the bad. The bad personality commits murder and the good personality knows nothing about it 2 hours later. This could be a very real scenario for both CA & KC....

I hope and pray that the FBI & OSCO come up with enough evidence to allow the SA to put the DP back on the table.

And when all of these questions are answered, and all of the answers point to Casey and only Casey, the defense will present their case...

*:crickets:*

Perhaps.

Still, the fact that the body was found on top of the ground near both a road and the house is certainly not indicative of a planned and deliberated (premeditated) murder.

She's not sticking to the original kidnapping story--she's sticking to the second kidnapping story that she told to LP--the 30 day script story! Curiously, she didn't report the kidnapping at 31 days--her mother did! And, only after tracking her down and forcing her home and calling LE herself! One question I'd like KC to answer is: why has NO ONE come forward to say that they worked with, lived near, went to school with, or knew in any way shape or form, this nanny and/or her kids/and/or her sister?????????? Also, since it's improbable that KC will take the stand in her defense, how does the defense propose to get this story before the jury?

Curious question, SoCal! Any legal eagles on here that can answer whether they can even use this type of defense without putting KC on the stand? I mean, since KC is clearly the only person whoever saw or talked to or met with this ZFG? All CA or GA can attest to is that KC mentioned her. Wouldn't that fall under 'hearsay' since neither of them have met or talked to her, and have no phone number or address to reach her at? I mean, parading a bunch of people thru the courtroom who heard KC talk about Zani, or ZFG, or "the Nanny" doesn't prove she existed!

To be honest, a good defense lawyer would be working on the coupable neglagence/manslaughter route right now, not the zanny the nanny bs.

Do they have phone books in jail? She should be leting her fingers do the walking and find another lawyer IMO not that it would not do justice to let them mess up and get their client the death penalty.

I agree with your post. I will say this. As much as KC disgusts me and the lies and everything that I think she has done to Caylee is beyond mind blowing, for some reason unknown to me, my anger is directed more towards CA and GA. I don't know why. Don't trust them as far as I could throw them. I guess a psychiatrist or a psychologist would have better insight into why I feel this way but I do and have from the begining. Maybe because KC is in jail and I think CA and GA are guilty of something very sinister and the feeling is intense, DK. ANyone else feeling like this? JMO

I feel the same way but my anger is towards cindy. Some of my reasons are:
that nasty look she always has on her face
her nasty tone of voice
her always and I mean always bringing the conversation back to herself
the way she pick and chooses what she will answer
her defense of her lying thief of a daughter and NOT addressing it
he nasty look on her face
her believing her lying daughter
her painting a rosey picture of the family
her lying to LE
her lying to the FBI
acting like she is a celebrity
did I mention the nasty mean look on her face
Those are just off the top of my head

It might be a nightmare - but in the end, they will all be FILTHY rich. (and filthy)!!! They will all write their books and make a fortune. JMO

I'm a bookseller, true crime sells, it sells very good - I sell books about Laci Peterson all the time - NOT the ones about Scott, just Laci - there are certain crime books that sell for over $100 - I didn't realize it but in the thousands of books I picked up today there was an Andrea Yates book - when there are books about Caylee will I carry them? Yes, it's part of the package with the publisher and if it sells well I'll carry the used copies

Most of these true crime books have a very short shelf life - these lawyers have to have a good story to tell otherwise the book will sit
and they will make nothing - it's a real crap shoot when it comes to these crimes

QUESTION FOR YOU:

On another thread, they are suggesting that the warrant to search the A house allowed or contained in it permission to confiscate CA's binder. Can they legally do that? I would believe "yes" because they did so, but isn't there any expected right to privacy for someone already said to be under suspicion? If they expect to file obstruction charges, can the binder be used for that OR only for evidence regarding the Caylee case? Thanks in advance.

LE is entitled to execute the warrant as written. That does not mean that it is legal.

Are you suggesting that they might be going after a binder that would contain papers or work product that fall under attorney-client privilege?

To be honest, a good defense lawyer would be working on the coupable neglagence/manslaughter route right now, not the zanny the nanny bs.

Do they have phone books in jail? She should be leting her fingers do the walking and find another lawyer IMO not that it would not do justice to let them mess up and get their client the death penalty.

Hey I just thought of another closing statement to go along with this defense;

Casey is a twitt so you must acquit

Up until the bag was found LE did not have much physical evidence to convict Casey. Some but not much.

Not anymore...!!!

I think there is going to be enough evidence in that bag that will convict Casey beyond a reasonable doubt.

The duct tape may contain her fingerprints, hairs, fibers and there may be other items in that bag that we don't know about.

I know this is obvious but If there is anything at all in or on that bag that LE can tie directly to Casey then it's ....Checkmate for LE.

Goodbye KC.....I guess your not as smart as some of us thought you were.

I could not find a thread for this. If there is one please merge.

Just saw this on Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,466608,00.html

For months, Florida mother Casey Anthony, 22, has blamed her daughter Caylee's disappearance on a baby sitter, and Anthony's lawyers apparently are sticking with that story in planning her criminal defense -- even though they expect police to confirm that skeletal remains found Thursday are those of girl.

I am still trying to figure out how they can even begin to mount a "baby sitter kidnap" defense, and NOT be forced to put KC on the stand? They have no other direct evidence, witnesses or testimony to even hint at the actual existance of the babysitter as a living breathing human being, let alone as someone complisent in this crime. Isn;t the defense required to actually put forth some degree of evidence and testimony to back their theories? A defense attorney cannot simply go into court and start spouting an "abducted by ufo" defense without the judge putting a stop to it.

And I am really starting to wonder about this defense "dream team" not to mention JB. A lawyer is required to act as an advocate for their client, and to act towards the clients best interests. The interests of the lawyer in such cases are securred by payment. Ideally of real currency. While there are plenty of Pro Bono cases offered, particularly for indigent defendents, I am starting to wonder what the driving mechanism of this dream team is? It is apparent that KC cannot pay them outright in the traditional manner. So what is the payment mechanism? or what is the driving motivation of the dream team lawyers? That traditional "pay the lawyer for services" as an important piece of the process. It insures that the lawyers is contracted to support the clients interests, and is not also working his or her own interests to the detriment of the defendent. In this case I see alot of publicity hounds jumping on the band wagon to drum up their own interests and there is a strong posibility that they are not serving the defendent in a proper or appropriate manner, as the very question of their interests conflicts with the clients? Am I making any sense?

Casey and Cindy can't prove the gave "Zanny" a key, nor can they prove this person was ever in or near the house. Just because they say it, doesn't make it so. Besides, their credibility is shot so it doesn't matter what they say.
I know that, but Casey's team will try and throw up any theories no matter how ridiculous a la Johnny Cochran. There will be another attorney on board I bet who has a silver tongue and great orator's skills who can spin this ridiculous kidnappping story of Casey's into a plausible defense. LKB certainly couldn't do it - between her burps and inattention to the points of the story - she would have the jury laughing their head's off. JB - well what can you say..... he'll be hiding behind LKB.

Thinking about it more, I am wondering if the won't be some sort of trauma found on the remains that Casey could not explain away with allegations of an accidental death. Ultimately a double edged sword, do they argue against the evidence of trauma (if there is any) or do they accept it as the result of a violent kidnapping gone bad?

LE is entitled to execute the warrant as written. That does not mean that it is legal.

Are you suggesting that they might be going after a binder that would contain papers or work product that fall under attorney-client privilege?

would/could they demand return of the binder, its contents, and that any evidence inside not be allowed? How could her atty go about doing that, through a motion? My thought process is, that binder is a potential treasure trove in and of itself...

I would THINK that if it were seized under the warrant for Caylee's death, then the exact same evidence necessarily couldn't be used for obstruction..is that right? Just curious.....

Hi Lina! Because Zanny already has lots of money, she has lots of time to feed squirrels and the kids she babysits. Unfortunately the squirrels were trying to get at the pizza in the trunk, somehow died trying and then climbed in to the engine dead remember. The squirrels George hit were friends of the others. That's why it stank so bad. Well that and the garbage.
Aren't these new Zanny revelations going to affect the outcome of the civil trial?? :crazy:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

working off of a lap top and its fight me...

that being said---has the search warrent be out yet? if not whats not to say they aren't investigating c&g????? something out there prevented them from talking with lkl last night--they were TOLD not to--granted they do have legal representation but that hasn't stopped them in the past....

jmo

would/could they demand return of the binder, its contents, and that any evidence inside not be allowed? How could her atty go about doing that, through a motion? My thought process is, that binder is a potential treasure trove in and of itself...

I would THINK that if it were seized under the warrant for Caylee's death, then the exact same evidence necessarily couldn't be used for obstruction..is that right? Just curious.....

It would be just plain insane for LE or prosecutors to go after a binder that contained papers or work product covered by attorney-client privilege.

If that is truly the case, the defense would ask for the binder to be immediately returned and request severe evidence sanctions during motions-in-limine and almost assuredly refer the matter to the State bar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back