Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever get the impression those attorneys are not happy with Ron?

It was a rapid Exodus from the internet. I do not care what they are thinking...they should have left it up out of concern for a missing little girl. Bad form.

I am the first to admit I have not been following the attorney's, Ron and the site, but didn't the attorney first come into play when child abuse allegations were made and that issue has been closed?

I am the first to admit I have not been following the attorney's, Ron and the site, but didn't the attorney first come into play when child abuse allegations were made and that issue has been closed?

Yes they did

--------
I thought the same thing when Ron's attorney put out the final press release. It was like he was only too happy to wipe his hands with the whole thing. I do believe that he has had enough with Ron. I don't think he will be willing to represent Ron if he needs him in the future.:eek:

Well actually, the family law issues were #3 on their list, after assistance in cooperating with LE and in coordinating media access in order to use that asset in the search for Haleigh. Haleigh's not home, yet. It's a shame, IMO, to lose any opportunity to have her beautiful, little face in the public's view.

March 19, 2009

The Law Office of Kimball & Snider, P.A. has agreed, after first meeting with Ronald Cummings on March 18, 2009, to represent Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh Cummings, on a pro bono basis. As a victim, Ronald Cummings needs and deserves legal advice and assistance in his quest for the safe return of his daughter, Haleigh Cummings.

1. The Law Office of Kimball & Snider P.A. will assist Ronald Cummings in his continuing cooperation with the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and all other police agencies in their investigation into Haleigh’s disappearance.

2. The Law Office of Kimball & Snider P.A. will coordinate media attention directed to Ronald Cummings regarding his daughter’s disappearance. While publicity is a definite asset in the search for Haleigh, Ronald Cummings can not handle all the various requests for his time that the media and the public are seeking, and access will be very limited.

3. That the Law Office of Kimball & Snider P.A. will handle any other appropriate matters relating to Ronald Cummings’ best interests, including maters related to Haleigh’s biological mother Crystal Sheffield, who has recently retained legal counsel regarding a possible custody challenge involving Ronald Cummings Jr. The attorney and mother have appeared on national television to make unsubstantiated claims that Ronald Cummings sees as a “cheap shot” and publicity stunt that detracts from the search for Haleigh. The mother was previously denied custody in court and allegations of abuse against Ronald were judicially dismissed

http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm#March262009

--------
I thought the same thing when Ron's attorney put out the final press release. It was like he was only too happy to wipe his hands with the whole thing. I do believe that he has had enough with Ron. I don't think he will be willing to represent Ron if he needs him in the future.:eek:

Jmo, I think they will. They showed up after the crazy abuse allegations. Crystal had her lawyer earlier for "media". Shocked me. What parent of a missing child does that? Well Casey Anthony may have, not sure??

Jmo, I think they will. They showed up after the crazy abuse allegations. Crystal had her lawyer earlier for "media". Shocked me. What parent of a missing child does that? Well Casey Anthony may have, not sure??

Casey has a criminal defense attorney. Ron's former attorney's, who per their first press release were engaged to assist him in cooperating with LE, also have a criminal law practice. You may be right that they will come forward should he need their services again.

Still, too bad that the web site for Haleigh is gone.

According to the contract, they were representing him in the disappearance aspect of the case also....thus, the reason for giving him airtime to plea for his daughter. IMO, that video was not a good one. They also were representing him regarding the media and law enforcement.

So, they have dropped him....rather quickly.One gets the impression they were through, even though RC needed their services for Haleigh. Have we seen Mr. Cummings? Or his Bride? I am sure the media would love to talk with them. Since they are now the parents of custody.

Regarding the bio mom for those who will bring it up. In the cases I have watched, the media doesn't give very much airtime to mothers that are separated from the custodial parent.....ala the "Lunsford Case", etc.

Is that the site where they implied, without accusing, that Crystal could be the perp?

If it was, than maybe the attorneys have taken a different stance?

Is that the site where they implied, without accusing, that Crystal could be the perp?

If it was, than maybe the attorneys have taken a different stance?

IIRC, they implied that someone in Haleigh's maternal family was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, I can't remember if it was Crystal or someone else. I do remember that the attorneys stated their conviction that the abduction scene was staged. The reasoning was kinda weird, IMO. Among other things, they said that a stranger would not leave the door bricked open because a stranger would want time to get away. I don't know why a non-stranger wouldn't want time to get away ? :bang:

But, that's what the attorney published. They also noted that they had sent their information to LE in a series of memos, in April, I think. But LE said that they had never received any credible information from them.

Whatever the attorney's possible concerns about the press releases and Ron's video appearance, I sure do wish they'd kept Haleigh's pix and the contact info up.

It's very sad to me that Haleigh's name and this case is not being brought up on the media anymore. I guess all the emailing and letter writing helped for a few days and then it all shut down again. The lawyers taking down their website is strange, why now? Haleigh is still out there somewhere, and needs to be found.

IIRC, they implied that someone in Haleigh's maternal family was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, I can't remember if it was Crystal or someone else. I do remember that the attorneys stated their conviction that the abduction scene was staged. The reasoning was kinda weird, IMO. Among other things, they said that a stranger would not leave the door bricked open because a stranger would want time to get away. I don't know why a non-stranger wouldn't want time to get away ? :bang:

But, that's what the attorney published. They also noted that they had sent their information to LE in a series of memos, in April, I think. But LE said that they had never received any credible information from them.

Whatever the attorney's possible concerns about the press releases and Ron's video appearance, I sure do wish they'd kept Haleigh's pix and the contact info up.

I was going to post the link, but since the website has been taken down, I can't find one to post. But does anyone remember in the attorney's last press release, the one where they implicated that the scene was staged & all that, they wrote something along the lines of- 'We think whoever did this did not expect that the media coverage would be so great'(not verbatim)? To me, this sounds like a case of projection. I say that because Ronald is the only one I've heard complain about all the press/media attention. So to me, it seems Ronald is the one who didn't expect this case to be so popular & publicized. It sounds as if he is talking about his own self instead of someone else. All moo, of course. Did anyone else notice this?

I was going to post the link, but since the website has been taken down, I can't find one to post. But does anyone remember in the attorney's last press release, the one where they implicated that the scene was staged & all that, they wrote something along the lines of- 'We think whoever did this did not expect that the media coverage would be so great'(not verbatim)? To me, this sounds like a case of projection. I say that because Ronald is the only one I've heard complain about all the press/media attention. So to me, it seems Ronald is the one who didn't expect this case to be so popular & publicized. It sounds as if he is talking about his own self instead of someone else. All moo, of course. Did anyone else notice this?

BBM - You know what, you're right.

Haliegh Cummings: Father Wants Mother/Family Investigated
July 15, 2009 by: Express
PRESS RELEASE- HALEIGH CUMMINGS CASE FROM HALEIGH CUMMING’S FATHER- RONALD, ATTORNEY

ETA: Here's the snip and link.

SNIP

The perpetrator of this offense no doubt never contemplated on February 10, 2009 that this case would receive such media attention.

Continuing attention may yet lead to this case being solved.

Greg Kimball

PRESS RELEASE

KIMBALL & SNIDER, P.A.
Greg Kimball, Attorney P.A.
T. Jerry Snider, Attorney P.A.

http://www..com/2009/07/haliegh-cummings-father-suspects-motherfamily-in-disappearance/

For those that really want to get HaLeigh's information out there, please note that HaLeigh also has a large birthmark on her back. I have added the photo here as well as in the photo thread.

birthmarkback.jpg

For those that really want to get HaLeigh's information out there, please note that HaLeigh also has a large birthmark on her back. I have added the photo here as well as in the photo thread.

birthmarkback.jpg

Thanks so much for this info LLL. I have to wonder WHY this hasn't been put in the public eye before by LE? IIRC it was a few days to a week before we even found out about the birthmarks she has on her face. Seems like these kinds of things could be INSTRUMENTAL in identifying Haleigh. No offense to the LE agencies involved, but it is these kind of things that just make me shake my head in wonderment.

God Bless Haleigh and I pray he helps her find her way home. :blowkiss:

Strange story... I live in Florida (originally from NY) in Pinellas County. The County just north is Pasco, where a lot of it is quite rural (farms, ranches, etc...). Anyway...I had a home inspection in a more rural area, and while driving saw 20 horses and the Sheriff's truck on the side of the road. My inspector happens to be from there and a horse person, so he had stopped and asked what was going on.

WELL...they were doing a search for a body. Apparently some woman was missing since July 5th. I live 30 minutes south of there...there wasn't even any mention on my local news! I also found out that they found the body earlier today of a 16 y/o girl, that was missing (completely different case)...I didn't know she was missing either. I'm a news junkie....why were these things kept so quiet???? I just don't get it.

My inspector informed me that this happens a lot...and no news is let out. He can't understand it either.

In NY...the cops are crawling ALL over and news is EVERYWHERE, if there's a situation.

All I kept thinking about was Haleigh. Sorry so long, but it was distressing.

Let me get this straight here. Because the allegations of child abuse have been dismissed and therefore, no petition for custody brought to family court by Crystal, Suddenly we can conclude that Ronalds former lawyers are not happy with him? Sorry whisperer that is asking me to reach to far. It was pretty clear why Ronalds attorney was representing him. This attorney's job was done. He was representing Ronald pro bono and I am sure he has many other clients to attend to. I found his statement more favorable to Ronald where-in he stated that there are no current charges at this time. To me that sounds like in the future he might help Ronald again. But that's just me.

As far as the web-site being shut down, I understand why the law firm is no longer maintaining the page...he is no longer Ronalds attorney and a web-site maintained by the firm might be considered a public statement by them presented to the public. I don't know. I will not pass judgment on this father until there is a reason to pass judgment on him. Same with Crystal, she took a giant leap when she opened the Haleighbug center, yet it is no longer open is it? Maybe there is a valid reason for everything these parents do....I hold the LE officials accountable for these rumors growing legs and spreading. I just don't understand.

I seem to remember a father that went on various news programs and sat in front of a camera for all the world to see and scrutinize, just to keep Haleighs story alive. He didn't disappear from the camera's until all the accusations began to fly. A person can only take so much I guess. More than anything though I remember seeing a picture of Ronald on horse back searching for his daughter out there with all the other volunteers....I remember TN making a statement early on that he was upset no-one was searching and he was trying to round up volunteers. I can show you all the links you like...the interview was on NG.

Please don't think I am trying to stick up for Ronald....if you think that for one second take a look over in Crystals thread because I spend time trying to make supporting comments of her as well. Until LE can give me a reason to drag these people through a mudpit I will continue to pray for Haleigh but especially for her mom and dad because right now I can only imagine what it is like to hunger for the touch of your child and know the whole time that my longing would not be fed.

I seem to remember a father that went on various news programs and sat in front of a camera for all the world to see and scrutinize, just to keep Haleighs story alive. He didn't disappear from the camera's until all the accusations began to fly. A person can only take so much I guess. More than anything though I remember seeing a picture of Ronald on horse back searching for his daughter out there with all the other volunteers....I remember TN making a statement early on that he was upset no-one was searching and he was trying to round up volunteers. I can show you all the links you like...the interview was on NG.

Please don't think I am trying to stick up for Ronald....if you think that for one second take a look over in Crystals thread because I spend time trying to make supporting comments of her as well. Until LE can give me a reason to drag these people through a mudpit I will continue to pray for Haleigh but especially for her mom and dad because right now I can only imagine what it is like to hunger for the touch of your child and know the whole time that my longing would not be fed.

I suppose if you define being scrutinized in this case as being asked questions about the order of events that occurred leading up to the time that you discovered your child missing - I see it myself as an opportunity for the public to hear your words directly out of your own mouth rather than your words being taken out of context and words being added or ommitted in printed interviews by the press.
But above everything & anything else, it's a potential opportunity to speak to the "abductor" and possibly your child if they're listening . . .

MOO

SNIP
As far as the web-site being shut down, I understand why the law firm is no longer maintaining the page...he is no longer Ronalds attorney and a web-site maintained by the firm might be considered a public statement by them presented to the public. I don't know. I will not pass judgment on this father until there is a reason to pass judgment on him. Same with Crystal, she took a giant leap when she opened the Haleighbug center, yet it is no longer open is it? Maybe there is a valid reason for everything these parents do....I hold the LE officials accountable for these rumors growing legs and spreading. I just don't understand.

Snipped by me

The Haleighbug Center was a rented location and a long ride away from Crystal's home. Maintenance there was a real issue. The attorney stated in the release announcing his firm's withdrawal that they would no longer up date the site, but it would remain up. So, I'm not sure what maintenance, if any, of the site would've been required. The public statements (press releases) are already out in the world - that horse has left the barn. IMO, the pix of Haleigh and the contact info should've been left up.

How are LE officials accountable for any rumors ? Have they been leaking info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry