Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange story... I live in Florida (originally from NY) in Pinellas County. The County just north is Pasco, where a lot of it is quite rural (farms, ranches, etc...). Anyway...I had a home inspection in a more rural area, and while driving saw 20 horses and the Sheriff's truck on the side of the road. My inspector happens to be from there and a horse person, so he had stopped and asked what was going on.

WELL...they were doing a search for a body. Apparently some woman was missing since July 5th. I live 30 minutes south of there...there wasn't even any mention on my local news! I also found out that they found the body earlier today of a 16 y/o girl, that was missing (completely different case)...I didn't know she was missing either. I'm a news junkie....why were these things kept so quiet???? I just don't get it.

My inspector informed me that this happens a lot...and no news is let out. He can't understand it either.

In NY...the cops are crawling ALL over and news is EVERYWHERE, if there's a situation.

All I kept thinking about was Haleigh. Sorry so long, but it was distressing.

Your post literally gave me the chills, maureenv. What if people had known about these missing folks ? Maybe their lives could've been saved.

Just last week, DH and I watched a 48 Hours show about the two girls that had been abducted in CA and were rescued by LE, alive. I won't say unharmed, because they had been sexually assulted and held captive at gunpoint, for many, many hours. An Amber Alert was issued for them and, after being spotted by multiple folks, they were found. The LEO in the county where they were rescued, after a gun battle, is convinced that the abductor was looking for a location to kill them and dispose of the bodies.

One key person in the rescue was an animal control officer - doing her normal route. IMO, that's why it's so important to keep missing person names and faces in the front of the public. You just never know who might get an opportunity to be their hero.

Strange story... I live in Florida (originally from NY) in Pinellas County. The County just north is Pasco, where a lot of it is quite rural (farms, ranches, etc...). Anyway...I had a home inspection in a more rural area, and while driving saw 20 horses and the Sheriff's truck on the side of the road. My inspector happens to be from there and a horse person, so he had stopped and asked what was going on.

WELL...they were doing a search for a body. Apparently some woman was missing since July 5th. I live 30 minutes south of there...there wasn't even any mention on my local news! I also found out that they found the body earlier today of a 16 y/o girl, that was missing (completely different case)...I didn't know she was missing either. I'm a news junkie....why were these things kept so quiet???? I just don't get it.

My inspector informed me that this happens a lot...and no news is let out. He can't understand it either.

In NY...the cops are crawling ALL over and news is EVERYWHERE, if there's a situation.

All I kept thinking about was Haleigh. Sorry so long, but it was distressing.

I live close to Pasco, never heard a thing about a missing woman. The 16 y/o could be a girl that went missing and was pregnant as IIR. I will have to check, I thought a body was found in a land fill. Some of these stories make the news, but when it is an adult, they make sure they didn't just leave town, meet a guy and are staying there, well you know. Until time has passed and it looks like they are in danger, you don't hear about it. They don't spend any time on teenagers either. I hear a blurb on the news that a teenager is missing and that's it. You have to check the Sheriff's web site for updated and missing persons. The Sheriff's office is all over it, just not the news until it's a crime or new worthy to report.

I suppose if you define being scrutinized in this case as being asked questions about the order of events that occurred leading up to the time that you discovered your child missing - I see it myself as an opportunity for the public to hear your words directly out of your own mouth rather than your words being taken out of context and words being added or ommitted in printed interviews by the press.
But above everything & anything else, it's a potential opportunity to speak to the "abductor" and possibly your child if they're listening . . .

MOO

No, I do not define being scrutinized as being asked questions about this case and defining the order of events, I really hope that has been done by LE already. He did however place himself in the media for quite some time to answer questions about what happened that night. He was polygraphed, only once to my knowledge, and LE confirmed with 100% certainty that RC was at work. I know many of you love that statement "I was at work" but in all reality that is one of the few facts we DO have in this case.

Ronald made statements to the possible abductor of his child...and to Haleigh personally, his reluctance to speak and comment on this case came a short time after the Geraldo drug accusations bombardment on national tv. While his past drug history is for sure an aspect of this case, it is not an aspect that the general public needed to dwell upon because it is in the past and it served only to divert all attention AWAY from Haleigh. LE knows full well of RC's past charges and knew every last one of them the night his name pulled up on their computer screen. Lastly, I am always looking for the truth so if you could point me in the direction of where Law Enforcement states unequivocally that Ronald's discrepancies are the ones that they are trying to clear up, rather than Misty's discrepancies of the timeline that evening, I would give it an optimistic read.

Snipped by me

The Haleighbug Center was a rented location and a long ride away from Crystal's home. Maintenance there was a real issue. The attorney stated in the release announcing his firm's withdrawal that they would no longer up date the site, but it would remain up. So, I'm not sure what maintenance, if any, of the site would've been required. The public statements (press releases) are already out in the world - that horse has left the barn. IMO, the pix of Haleigh and the contact info should've been left up.

How are LE officials accountable for any rumors ? Have they been leaking info ?

I did not say that I held LE accountable for the rumors, I said I held LE accountable for the rumors GROWING LEGS..these police officers and investigators are public servants and a crime was committed against Haleigh and Ronald AND Crystal. Even though they gave a daily press conference they never confirmed or denied.....for that matter responded to questions about clearing any of these family members. People are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I think it is a shame that they refused to put out information that might have helped find Haleigh in the first days after she went missing. Saying that these parents were thoroughly examined and excluded would have closed certain doors and allowed others to open. Everyone wants to state that Ronald was never cleared and who's job is it to do? LE. Who's job is it to clear Crystal? LE. Was either cleared?

I did not say that I held LE accountable for the rumors, I said I held LE accountable for the rumors GROWING LEGS..these police officers and investigators are public servants and a crime was committed against Haleigh and Ronald AND Crystal. Even though they gave a daily press conference they never confirmed or denied.....for that matter responded to questions about clearing any of these family members. People are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I think it is a shame that they refused to put out information that might have helped find Haleigh in the first days after she went missing. Saying that these parents were thoroughly examined and excluded would have closed certain doors and allowed others to open. Everyone wants to state that Ronald was never cleared and who's job is it to do? LE. Who's job is it to clear Crystal? LE. Was either cleared?

No, AFAIK, only the AC man has been cleared. But, I think we've strayed off topic here.

Here's hoping that Haleigh 's pix, and LE contact info, will be presented to the public, whenever and wherever possible, and that someone, somewhere, sometime soon, will come forward with the information that is apparently needed to bring this little girl home.

I seem to remember a father that went on various news programs and sat in front of a camera for all the world to see and scrutinize, just to keep Haleighs story alive. He didn't disappear from the camera's until all the accusations began to fly. A person can only take so much I guess. More than anything though I remember seeing a picture of Ronald on horse back searching for his daughter out there with all the other volunteers....I remember TN making a statement early on that he was upset no-one was searching and he was trying to round up volunteers. I can show you all the links you like...the interview was on NG.

Please don't think I am trying to stick up for Ronald....if you think that for one second take a look over in Crystals thread because I spend time trying to make supporting comments of her as well. Until LE can give me a reason to drag these people through a mudpit I will continue to pray for Haleigh but especially for her mom and dad because right now I can only imagine what it is like to hunger for the touch of your child and know the whole time that my longing would not be fed.

Who said anything about sticking up for anyone? I don't care who you stick up for; that's your business:). What I was talking about in my post you quoted were my observations of Ron & the media. The only person I've ever saw & heard complaining about the media & such was Ronald. I think he is projecting; he is taking things that describe his own self and applying them to another person as a defense mechanism...bet he doesn't even realize it.

As far as him disappearing when the accusations started, IMO, that was a very cowardly thing to do(if in fact that is the reason). I've had a ton of false accusations & persecutions thrown at me in my short lifetime, and since I live in a rural area I was scrutinized & talked about throughout several counties. I lived; I didn't hide; I held my head as I always did & continued to walk about town greeting all the folks I normally would have.....and I'm a female. My point is, that IMO, Ron didn't have to disappear because of a few accusations(especially if they were false); that reasoning doesn't cut it for me.....Lord knows he talks like he is tough enough to handle it. All MOO, of course. :)

Who said anything about sticking up for anyone? I don't care who you stick up for; that's your business:). What I was talking about in my post you quoted were my observations of Ron & the media. The only person I've ever saw & heard complaining about the media & such was Ronald. I think he is projecting; he is taking things that describe his own self and applying them to another person as a defense mechanism...bet he doesn't even realize it.

As far as him disappearing when the accusations started, IMO, that was a very cowardly thing to do(if in fact that is the reason). I've had a ton of false accusations & persecutions thrown at me in my short lifetime, and since I live in a rural area I was scrutinized & talked about throughout several counties. I lived; I didn't hide; I held my head as I always did & continued to walk about town greeting all the folks I normally would have.....and I'm a female. My point is, that IMO, Ron didn't have to disappear because of a few accusations(especially if they were false); that reasoning doesn't cut it for me.....Lord knows he talks like he is tough enough to handle it. All MOO, of course. :)
Just keep in mind that we don't know what LE has asked of the families, nor what they were advised by their lawyers to say or not to say. Outside of the custody issues, in which clearly Crystal's lawyer used a different publicity strategy than Ron's lawyers, neither of the familes has said too much other than they want her home. Crystal's family has, to me, appeared to be more public in activities like vigils, events, fund-raising, etc. After the last LE announcement of the $35K reward, there was a very noticeable reduction in public appearances and statements by family members on both side. This implies to me that LE has asked both sides to say as little as possible about the case.
As far as personalities, of course I know nobody involved with this case, but it looks to me like Ron is very uncomfortable with people he doesn't know, as well as with media and cameras, and he doesn't come across very well. Crystal initially was very unresponsive, but with her mother at her side, has become more expressive over time. These are both young people not used to being in the spotlight. If LE has told them to not say much then I doubt they would. Of course, again, we really don't know many facts in this case, but I give them both the benefit of the doubt on this.

Just keep in mind that we don't know what LE has asked of the families, nor what they were advised by their lawyers to say or not to say. Outside of the custody issues, in which clearly Crystal's lawyer used a different publicity strategy than Ron's lawyers, neither of the familes has said too much other than they want her home. Crystal's family has, to me, appeared to be more public in activities like vigils, events, fund-raising, etc. After the last LE announcement of the $35K reward, there was a very noticeable reduction in public appearances and statements by family members on both side. This implies to me that LE has asked both sides to say as little as possible about the case.
As far as personalities, of course I know nobody involved with this case, but it looks to me like Ron is very uncomfortable with people he doesn't know, as well as with media and cameras, and he doesn't come across very well. Crystal initially was very unresponsive, but with her mother at her side, has become more expressive over time. These are both young people not used to being in the spotlight. If LE has told them to not say much then I doubt they would. Of course, again, we really don't know many facts in this case, but I give them both the benefit of the doubt on this.

Hi Kamky,

Well, we do know that Marie has stated that LE did in fact ask them to 'keep a low profile' - which I figure means not speaking to the press. The Cummings family has not publicly stated this, but if LE asked ONE family to 'lay low', it makes sense that LE would ask the same of both families.

The family has also been advised by law enforcement to keep a low profile, in hopes that someone involved with the disappearance may slip up and talk about it.

“They figure maybe if it dies down, whoever did this will take more of a free reign, mingling and talking. They know that’s what it’s going to take to bust this case — somebody saying something,” explained Ms. Griffis.

http://bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2288&Itemid=1

Quite frankly, after nearly 6 months, if HaLeigh were my family, this laying low business would be tiresome and I would start shouting from the rooftops. I hope LE is not banking on this strategy to figure out who is guilty. Where the heck is HaLeigh?

Of course he didn't have to run and hide. He doesn't strike me as that kind of person at all. Had it been about him and only him I don't think he would have disappeared. But it wasn't about him....it was about Haleigh, his missing child. And as soon as the media made it about Ronald the past drug user Cummings he stopped talking to the media. He asked numerous times to keep the focus on his child. I think he realized that the more present he was the more they would talk about him and not Haleigh. But that is just my opinion.:)

Hi Kamky,

Well, we do know that Marie has stated that LE did in fact ask them to 'keep a low profile' - which I figure means not speaking to the press. The Cummings family has not publicly stated this, but if LE asked ONE family to 'lay low', it makes sense that LE would ask the same of both families.

http://bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2288&Itemid=1

Quite frankly, after nearly 6 months, if HaLeigh were my family, this laying low business would be tiresome and I would start shouting from the rooftops. I hope LE is not banking on this strategy to figure out who is guilty. Where the heck is HaLeigh?

Not neccesarily. We have info directly from The Sheffield side of the family that they were asked to do so....we have no visit by RC as requested by LE....he does not appear to be in a cooperative mood with LE. No way to know they asked his side to do this...

There are 39 Florida children listed as missing on John Walsh' website. Haleigh is not one of them. I assume she was listed at one time. What happened ?

http://www.amw.com/missing_children...de=mchild&region=6&location=Florida&keywords=

That is odd. The list is up to date as Robert Manwill from Idaho (post-HaLeigh/missing child) is listed. I don't know what the issue would be . . .

Link showing Robert Manwill:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/search_results.cfm?mode=mchild&region=10&location=Idaho&keywords=

MOO

I got word that Marie G and family will be honoring HaLeigh's 6th Birthday by going to her school on Saturday the 15th to help raise school supplies for the kids at her school. People are invited to join them at the school and bring school supplies to donate to the school. She is doing this with the school. They are calling it "HaLeigh's Closet". The items will go into her closet for kids in need. I hope this will put her face at least for a while back in the news.

Yes, if you search by name, you can find Haleigh. However, as I stated in my post, she is not on the list of children missing in Florida. Trenton Duckett and Adji Desir are. As I look more carefully at the list, the only names beginning with "C" have "a" as the second letter. Perhaps this is a coincidence, or maybe it is an error. Thanks again Bern for sending the email !

Your search in South region returned 41 results.

NOTE on AMBER ALERTS: Amber Alerts are extremely time sensitive. To preserve the success of the Amber Alert system, children are usually removed from Alert Status in a period of 24 to 48 hours. To aid your search, these results include children from past Amber Alerts.

<< Previous 1 | 2 | 3 Next >>
Name Wanted For Location(s) Status

, (Key West Baby Doe) Key West (FL) more... Deceased

, (Unknown Broward County Abandoned Baby) Broward County (FL) more... Recovered

Acevedo, Ana Florida more... Recovered

Aguilar-Lopez, Margarita Florida more... Recovered

Aisenberg, Sabrina Valrico (FL) more... Missing

Anthony, Caylee Orlando (FL) more... Recovered

Brito, Marlen Florida more... Recovered

Brown, Mekai Fort Lauderdale (FL) more... Recovered

Brucia, Carlie Sarasota (FL) more... Recovered

Cannon, Tamera Lakeland (FL) more... Recovered

Carelli, Viana Fort Lauderdale (FL) more... Recovered

Casey, Ella Florida more... Recovered

Casey, Marteen Florida more... Recovered

Degner, Mark Jacksonville (FL) more... Missing

Desir, Adji Florida more... Missing

Dos Santos-Gomes, Bryan Florida more... Missing

Duckett, Trenton Leesburg (FL) more... Missing

Estrada, Andriena Florida more... Recovered

Gomez Diaz , Julisa Tampa (FL) more... Missing

Hayes, Bryan Jacksonville (FL)

Horton, Nicole Florida more... Recovered

Kirkirt, Adam Orlando (FL) more... Recovered

Kvistad-Skelton, Marissa Daytona Beach (FL) more... Missing

Leonard, Arilys Fort Lauderdale (FL) more... Missing

Lugo, Katheryne Riviera Beach (FL) more... Missing

Lunde, Sarah Florida more... Recovered

Lunsford, Jessica Florida more... Recovered

Markley, Ashleigh Florida more... Recovered

Marran, Rachel Palm Beach (FL) more... Recovered

McGuire, Jared Florida more... Recovered

Moore, Clay Parrish (FL) more... Recovered

Morales, Von Orlando (FL) more... Missing

Needham, Holly Florida more... Recovered

Needham, Tyler Florida more... Recovered

Nembhard, Erin Florida more... Recovered

Ramos, Dialys Florida more... Recovered

Randazzo, Annamarie Florida more... Recovered

Redwood, Ashley Florida more... Recovered

Richmond, Marcos Florida more... Recovered

Schultheis, Briana Wakulla (FL) more... Recovered

Threatts, Jessie Florida more... Recovered

http://www.amw.com/missing_children...de=mchild&region=6&location=Florida&keywords=

Yes, if you search by name, you can find Haleigh. However, as I stated in my post, she is not on the list of children missing in Florida. Trenton Duckett and Adji Desir are. As I look more carefully at the list, the only names beginning with "C" have "a" as the second letter. Perhaps this is a coincidence, or maybe it is an error. Thanks again Bern for sending the email !

Snipped for space

HaLeigh is still listed on the active Amber Alerts on the page for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Haleigh Cummings Satsuma, FL Florida 03/25/2009

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/AmberServlet

**(This is the page that http://www.amberalert.gov/active.htm will bring you to if you click active alerts - so HaLeigh is still considered an active alert).

HaLeigh still has an unsolved Alert on the FDLE page:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/FlyerNewPerson.asp?Case_Id=28474&case_nbr=

Thank you Bern for that update. Crystal is doing something to help children at Haleigh's school. Very worthy and I hope it brings some attention to keep on the lookout for her daughter. It is very good to help others and keep busy. Good for her!

So is this advertised on the net? How are people going to know?

Follow the truth and it shall lead to Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko