Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Bern for that update. Crystal is doing something to help children at Haleigh's school. Very worthy and I hope it brings some attention to keep on the lookout for her daughter. It is very good to help others and keep busy. Good for her!

So is this advertised on the net? How are people going to know?

It was a private email but it will be covered by the news. I am going to see if I can get any places here to donate school supplies. I haven't responded to the invite as yet, but I am sure the School and Browning Pearce ES will advertise it. I am thinking probably flyers....

I agree this is a positive move that can help with the waiting and not knowing. I am glad they are doing this.

Yes, as I responded earlier, if you search by name, you will find Haleigh. If you look at the list of children missing in Florida, she is not included. There appears to be a database error. (Please see my post from 9:59 last night.) Bern emailed AMW and hopefully the apparent error will be corrected.

Here is the link to the AMW list of children missing in Florida.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children...de=mchild&region=6&location=Florida&keywords=

It was a private email but it will be covered by the news. I am going to see if I can get any places here to donate school supplies. I haven't responded to the invite as yet, but I am sure the School and Browning Pearce ES will advertise it. I am thinking probably flyers....

I agree this is a positive move that can help with the waiting and not knowing. I am glad they are doing this.

I was not sure where to post this, but see you had mentioned it. I think this is a great way to keep Haleigh's story alive and also help other children.
Here is the link and info, "snip" Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Haleigh Awareness and Birthday

"Snip" In Honor of HaLeigh's 6th Birthday on Aug. 17, 2009 her mother, Crystal, family and friends will be collecting school supplies.These supplies will be stored in a special closet "HALEIGH'S CLOSET" at her school "Browning Pearce Elementary School" to be distributed to children who are in need. We will be at River Front Park, Palatka, Florida on Sat. Aug 15th from 10 am until 5 pm. You are invited to attend.

If anyone would like help in Honoring HaLeigh and can't attend you can purchase supplies on-line at http://www.staples.com./

Thanks, Tomgirl,

I printed out a few flyers, it dawned on me that I don't have one in my car window. Maybe people here could print an extra one and display it in your car window. The more people that see her face the better.

both are wonderful ideas and I will be participating in both events. I am really looking forward to releasing a bouquet of red and purple balloons in honor of this little girl's Birthday. My heart is so sad.

Thanks, Tomgirl,

I printed out a few flyers, it dawned on me that I don't have one in my car window. Maybe people here could print an extra one and display it in your car window. The more people that see her face the better.

Where are these flyers available to print? I would like to put them out at the Walmart by my house and in my car. TIA.. (so glad i found out what TIA means, thanks to all the great WS's here)

Where are these flyers available to print? I would like to put them out at the Walmart by my house and in my car. TIA.. (so glad i found out what TIA means, thanks to all the great WS's here)

FDLE has flier's.

Here is the link.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/FlyerNewPerson.asp?Case_Id=28474&case_nbr=

I'm very excited to hear about the balloon launch. What a wonderful idea. I posted an article in the media thread - it's going to be a national event. I hope there are red & purple balloons going up all over the country for HaLeigh!

Ron Cummings is holding a nation-wide event for HaLeigh's 6th birthday. I hope everyone will participate.

"Balloons for HaLeigh Project"

There is a myspace page describing the project:

http://www.myspace.com/balloonsforhaleigh

There has also been a press release that has gone out nation wide to pick up attention on a national level. I hope the sky is filled with red & purple balloons with her flier in them at 2:16 pm on HaLeigh's birthday!

FDLE has flier's.

Here is the link.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/FlyerNewPerson.asp?Case_Id=28474&case_nbr=

I'm very excited to hear about the balloon launch. What a wonderful idea. I posted an article in the media thread - it's going to be a national event. I hope there are red & purple balloons going up all over the country for HaLeigh!

Thanks atherella!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

I am very excited too, I have my parents neighborhood involved as well, they are a little futher south than i am, but i think it is a wonderful way to get her beautiful face back into the public eye!

Great idea on the balloon release. I hope everyone takes a picture to put on the myspace.

Thanks atherella!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

I am very excited too, I have my parents neighborhood involved as well, they are a little futher south than i am, but i think it is a wonderful way to get her beautiful face back into the public eye!

I read on the myspace page that they are asking people to take pictures of people launching the balloons, then upload them into a photobucket account. I think that is so awesome! I hope that album is filled up with tons of pictures of balloons being released! What a wonderful idea. I pray someday that HaLeigh will be home and can see an album full of pictures from around the country.

I hope a show like Nancy Grace can take a break from Michael Jackson coverage and mention this for HaLeigh! :)

Ron Cummings is holding a nation-wide event for HaLeigh's 6th birthday. I hope everyone will participate.

"Balloons for HaLeigh Project"

There is a myspace page describing the project:

http://www.myspace.com/balloonsforhaleigh

There has also been a press release that has gone out nation wide to pick up attention on a national level. I hope the sky is filled with red & purple balloons with her flier in them at 2:16 pm on HaLeigh's birthday!

I didn't see anywhere on the site where they're encouraging environmentally safe balloons (they make them now). How will they track success of this effort? Is there a place one can sign their name to state they'll release a balloon?

I didn't see anywhere on the site where they're encouraging environmentally safe balloons (they make them now). How will they track success of this effort? Is there a place one can sign their name to state they'll release a balloon?

Don't you think people are smart enough on their own to purchase environmentally safe balloons? If you would go back read the myspace it says something about taking pictures and uploading them to a photobucket acct. attached to the myspace.

Don't you think people are smart enough on their own to purchase environmentally safe balloons? If you would go back read the myspace it says something about taking pictures and uploading them to a photobucket acct. attached to the myspace.

Actually, I have never heard of them. I've bought balloons and even balloon bouquets occasionally - I think they're fun. But I have never had the option of purchasing enviornmentally safe ones. How do you know if you are getting ones that are good to release ? (We've always just brought them to folks.) Is it indicated on the package ?

Actually, I have never heard of them. I've bought balloons and even balloon bouquets occasionally - I think they're fun. But I have never had the option of purchasing enviornmentally safe ones. How do you know if you are getting ones that are good to release ? (We've always just brought them to folks.) Is it indicated on the package ?

I hope this helps, shaymus

Balloon Releases: Environmental Fact or Fiction?

Erroneous reports about balloons and balloon releases harming the environment have appeared in major newspapers and on national TV news programs. Many of these reports contain inaccurate claims made by well-intentioned people who care deeply about the earth’s ecology — but lack the facts.

Balloons used in special event releases constitute only a small fraction of the industry’s sales. Unfortunately, these spurious claims have caused a chilling effect at the local level and unnecessary financial strain on many of America’s small, independent balloon retailers who depend on special events as a major source of their livelihoods. Small industries such as delivery and decorating services also suffer.

Most consumers don’t have the time or inclination to sort through bad information disguised as fact — often resulting in a negative perception that balloons are bad.

Latex balloons are sometimes confused with plastic items and lumped in with the plastics litter problem. The oft-used phrase, “latex balloons and other plastics” is improper. Latex is not a plastic. It’s organic, made from the sap of rubber trees collected through an absolutely harmless tapping process very simple to that used for collecting the maple sap used for making syrup.

Moreover, latex balloons are totally biodegradable — the only type of balloon used in a professionally-produced mass release. A latex balloon’s molecular structure begins breaking down with inflation and gathers momentum when exposed to sunlight and the atmosphere. Within three hours, most latex balloons released into the atmosphere rise to approximately five miles, begin to oxidize, freeze and shatter into spaghetti-like pieces. Once on the ground gases and microorganisms attack the latex, continuing the natural decomposition process — even in the dark.

Scientific research, most notably by D.K. Burchette in, “A Study of the Effect of Balloon Releases on the Environment,” demonstrates that latex balloons decompose at a rate equal to — or faster than — an oak leaf under similar conditions.

Mylar balloons are foil-like, usually silver and cost significantly more (retailing for $3 - $8 each) than latex balloons. Mylar is a synthetic, metallized plastic/nylon material which is recyclable, but not biodegradable. Consequently, Mylar balloons are never used in a release.

Helium-filled Mylar balloons do get away accidentally because a string breaks or a consumer lets go. These incidents seem to be diminishing as a result of ongoing in-store awareness campaigns to encourage anchoring these balloons with decorative weights.

1.Use only hand-tied latex balloons and no plastic attachments.
2. Never release metallic balloons.
3. Never attach metallic ribbon to helium-filled balloons. Metallic ribbon and balloons conduct electricity and may come in contact with power lines when released.
We encourage environmentally responsible behavior when releasing balloons. There are some simple rules to follow that help to keep balloon releases safe.

We always practice the following steps to insure that our balloon releases are environmentally safe -

~ Never tie ANYTHING to balloons which are being released. Messages can easily be written on the balloons with a felt tip pen.

~ Only use biodegradable balloons. FYI- Latex is naturally occurring material made from tree sap.

~ Always use fully inflated balloons, and release shortly after filling.

For those concerned about the balloon release that Ron is doing. Ron is asking people to release latex balloon, if you look at the myspace page.
Balloon Releases: Environmental Fact or Fiction?

Erroneous reports about balloons and balloon releases harming the environment have appeared in major newspapers and on national TV news programs. Many of these reports contain inaccurate claims made by well-intentioned people who care deeply about the earth’s ecology — but lack the facts.

snip

Latex balloons are sometimes confused with plastic items and lumped in with the plastics litter problem. The oft-used phrase, “latex balloons and other plastics” is improper. Latex is not a plastic. It’s organic, made from the sap of rubber trees collected through an absolutely harmless tapping process very simple to that used for collecting the maple sap used for making syrup.

Moreover, latex balloons are totally biodegradable — the only type of balloon used in a professionally-produced mass release. A latex balloon’s molecular structure begins breaking down with inflation and gathers momentum when exposed to sunlight and the atmosphere. Within three hours, most latex balloons released into the atmosphere rise to approximately five miles, begin to oxidize, freeze and shatter into spaghetti-like pieces. Once on the ground gases and microorganisms attack the latex, continuing the natural decomposition process — even in the dark.

There is more information at the following link:
http://www.balloonrelease.com/faqs.htm

LOL Cajun... great minds and all! :D

I happen to think the balloon release is a GREAT way to get HaLeigh's name back into the media. Especially since this event is being held on a NATIONAL level.

I question why some are complaining. Especially when people have said Ron isn't doing anything. :rolleyes:

He does something and people complain, he doesn't and they complain. I say GOOD FOR HIM! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko