Keeping Hayleigh's Story In The Public Eye

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That really is an excellent idea, Bern! As long as the addresses on the packages are readable, I see no reason not to have fliers or information taped on the sides and bottoms.

I think I will start doing that at the office when mailing out packages, too. We have several which go out daily and it does reach many areas. The drivers see them and the people receiving them. Bravo!! :clap::clap::clap:

thank you, we have an International business and we mail out packages all over the World........ You I saw the FEDEX truck today and my mind went to thinking again how could we get her face out there????

I was thinking of ALL the other kids that are living though this as well. It is hard for the parents, but can you image being the other kids seeing and hearing and living with this, day in and day out?

ETA sorry OT, please move if you need to. Thanks

Bern, I just hope that little boy is getting some good counseling. Four is such a vulnerable age. I hope he starts Pre-K this year - that would be such a good distraction and move some focus onto him. Pre-K is free here in GA, I don't know about FL.

Just rechecked the AP Wire.....still no news media release.

LOTS of organizations use balloon releases.

International Missing Children's Day - which features 9 countries from 4 continents launched a balloon release to promote their event.

http://missingpersons.gov.au/GetAss...iles/1343cebb-62a0-400c-9e08-cbde71993c63.pdf

Another link for International Missing Children's Day - it has wonderful pictures!
http://www.afp.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/118288/11_July09_Missing.pdf

(See pages 3-4 of the brochure)

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) sponsors many balloon launches for missing children.

From the site:
http://www.ohioamberplan.org/press/resource/School.ltr.safetytips.pdf

"Ideas for National Missing Children's Day"

-Balloon Launch

Here is a copy of a letter from the Attorney General of Ohio Commemorating Missing Children's Day - one of the activities - a balloon launch!
http://www.ag.state.oh.us/press/07/05/pr070525.pdf

Here are several examples of balloon releases used to help missing children. Ron Cummings is hardly the first person to go this route. And he is bringing HaLeigh's name into the national media and I applaud his efforts to bring his daughter's name and face into the spotlight on such a widespread basis!

Just rechecked the AP Wire.....still no news media release.

That is because the AP considers this an "event" and as such, they will not release it until a few days before the "event".

Don't worry debs, I'm sure it will pick up plenty press as the days go by. :)

As I have said, I am not trying to interfere or stop the balloon launch, just trying to provide FACTS for those who are interested in making use of them to find a more humane and better alternative.

I have been around the boards long enough to know that many are not interested in any facts that do not fit their own theory or agenda, that is their right and privilege. It will not stop me from trying to make the world a better and safer place for all innocents, children AND animals! That is all I am trying to accomplish here.

Ron Cummings is holding a nation-wide event for HaLeigh's 6th birthday. I hope everyone will participate.

"Balloons for HaLeigh Project"

There is a myspace page describing the project:

http://www.myspace.com/balloonsforhaleigh

There has also been a press release that has gone out nation wide to pick up attention on a national level. I hope the sky is filled with red & purple balloons with her flier in them at 2:16 pm on HaLeigh's birthday!

That is because the AP considers this an "event" and as such, they will not release it until a few days before the "event".

Don't worry debs, I'm sure it will pick up plenty press as the days go by. :)

But that's not what you said earlier. What you say is that "there has also been a press release that has gone out nation wide to pick up attention on a national level."

So which is it? They're not releasing the information until a few days before the event, or they have already released it?

For anyone who is interested in a good alternative to a balloon release for a special occasion.....here is a great one, and there are many other sites to order from also....just google for them!

http://www.butterflyreleases.com/?gclid=CI2tvcOni5wCFQMNDQodYxfmZQ
This sounds like a wonderful idea, but quite frankly, it is the first time I have ever heard of a butterfly release. I can imagine how pretty it would be at a wedding or party. You can tell by my avatar that I love butterflies! I plant flowers that attract butterflies and enjoy watching them. I am not sure this would work on a large scale project though because they might not be readily available to everyone. You can get balloons in many different places and they are fairly inexpensive. I don't want animals harmed, but the balloons will be beautiful. We always have a lot of balloons released at our homecoming game each year. The balloons are in red and blue in our school colors. I think it would be sweet though if you and others want to release butterflies for Haleigh. You could take pictures and post them. Anything to remember and honor Haleigh!

As I have said, I am not trying to interfere or stop the balloon launch, just trying to provide FACTS for those who are interested in making use of them to find a more humane and better alternative.

I have been around the boards long enough to know that many are not interested in any facts that do not fit their own theory or agenda, that is their right and privilege. It will not stop me from trying to make the world a better and safer place for all innocents, children AND animals! That is all I am trying to accomplish here.
I think it is the timing which is questionable and not the material. Nothing was said when Crystal was involved, but now that Ronald is doing it for Haleigh...then it is all about saving the planet.

The fact that someone has written a press release has nothing to do with wires picking it up or publishing it. The entities wishing to publicize an event/opening/etc. via a press release will write one up, then distribute it to media sources they wish to publish the release. The media are not authors of the press release. Here is a link with more info: http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Press-Release

I think it is the timing which is questionable and not the material. Nothing was said when Crystal was involved, but now that Ronald is doing it for Haleigh...then it is all about saving the planet.

This is where you have misunderstood....I knew nothing about any earlier launch, and as I clearly stated in a previous post, I am against these launches no matter WHO sponsors them. When I see an opportunity to inform others in order to save innocent lives, I choose to speak up. I care NOTHING about who is the sponsor or who is not. If I had seen anything about the earlier one, I would have posted the same exact information! I actually don't believe that Ron started this effort, just that he was informed of it and has agreed to give his approval. So, it isn't even possible to attribute this to taking sides, since I am of the opinion someone else initiated this plan.

But that's not what you said earlier. What you say is that "there has also been a press release that has gone out nation wide to pick up attention on a national level."

So which is it? They're not releasing the information until a few days before the event, or they have already released it?

What do you not understand, debs? The press release has been sent to the AP. If you have ever dealt with the Associated Press, you will know that they only publish information about EVENTS a certain amount of time prior to the event - it is put onto a calendar until it is ready to be published.

That said, I'm sure there are people in the media that will cover the story prior to the AP.

If you do not understand what I am saying, I'm very sorry. I will not spend any further time trying to explain this to you. This is clear as can be. I've also dealt with you not understanding me in the past, and I will not have one those evenings.

Fact is, this story will be covered nationally. If you want to sit around and watch the AP's website - enjoy. :)

What do you not understand, debs? The press release has been sent to the AP. If you have ever dealt with the Associated Press, you will know that they only publish information about EVENTS a certain amount of time prior to the event - it is put onto a calendar until it is ready to be published.

That said, I'm sure there are people in the media that will cover the story prior to the AP.

If you do not understand what I am saying, I'm very sorry. I will not spend any further time trying to explain this to you. This is clear as can be. I've also dealt with you not understanding me in the past, and I will not have one those evenings.

Fact is, this story will be covered nationally. If you want to sit around and watch the AP's website - enjoy. :)

So you've dealt with AP, then! I guess my confusion came when you said it was released, and then said it wasn't. I'm not deliberately obtuse on this matter. You made two conflicting statements which I needed to have cleared up in order to understand.

You seem to continue to want to shut down my inquiry. I am merely asking because, being so far away from there, the AP Wire is how I keep up with all sorts of things. I have friends on the newspaper here. I thought, if it had come across the wire, I could let them know it would be great to print an article. I am frankly tired of the mods allowing you to continue to bash me in the manner you frequently do. I am attempting to gather information on something and you continue to be rude. It is offensive. It needs to stop.

BBM

Perhaps you could give your friends that work for the newspaper the contact info for the balloon release. It is posted on the myspace page. I'm sure if your friend contacts the people that are running HaLeigh's balloon release, they would be more than happy to send a copy of the press release. Maybe they could get it printed in your area prior to the AP's release. :)

This is where you have misunderstood....I knew nothing about any earlier launch, and as I clearly stated in a previous post, I am against these launches no matter WHO sponsors them. When I see an opportunity to inform others in order to save innocent lives, I choose to speak up. I care NOTHING about who is the sponsor or who is not. If I had seen anything about the earlier one, I would have posted the same exact information! I actually don't believe that Ron started this effort, just that he was informed of it and has agreed to give his approval. So, it isn't even possible to attribute this to taking sides, since I am of the opinion someone else initiated this plan.

BBM.... I'm in total agreement.

IMO, it wasn't an inquiry for information at all, but another attempt to try and show the poster was contradicting herself (which IMO she was not). IMO, the post was baiting her into starting an argument not unlike this one, to put it frankly.

I do not bash anyone. I am not being rude. I am not being "allowed" to do anything of the sort here.

As you pointed out, my post was to someone else to help clear up something I did not quite understand. It had nothing to do with you and you once again brought hostility into this post toward me. Atherella was quite capable of clearing up the confusion, and in fact, someone ELSE actually posted what I initially asked for in the first place........the site where this was first released.

I actually don't believe that Ron started this effort, just that he was informed of it and has agreed to give his approval. So, it isn't even possible to attribute this to taking sides, since I am of the opinion someone else initiated this plan.
[snipped by me for space, BBM]

While of course you are entitled to your opinion but this was the idea of Ron and the rest of his family. They wanted to do something to honor HaLeigh that anybody and everybody could participate in no matter where they lived.

I think it is a wonderful idea to not only honor HaLeigh but to let people know that it will be 6 months and she is still missing.

I hope lots of media picks up on it and spreads the word and puts HaLeigh's face and name back in the forefront, where it should have NEVER been taken from to begin with.

Amazing isn't it :...(

Is the fact that this is for HALEIGH on HALEIGH'S birthday matter to anyone who is trying to turn something sweet into a natural disaster?? (pun intended)

[snipped by me for space, BBM]

While of course you are entitled to your opinion but this was the idea of Ron and the rest of his family. They wanted to do something to honor HaLeigh that anybody and everybody could participate in no matter where they lived.

I think it is a wonderful idea to not only honor HaLeigh but to let people know that it will be 6 months and she is still missing.

I hope lots of media picks up on it and spreads the word and puts HaLeigh's face and name back in the forefront, where it should have NEVER been taken from to begin with.

Yes and with it's minimal cost I think it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE