GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes, schmotes.

I imagine lots of mindless scribbles and doodles. And I do mean mindless.

Pages of hangman.

Self-affirmations consisting of "I am not a monster" and "no body, no crime."

Crude sketches of KK with intended damages inflicted, voodoo style.

His own stunted manifesto of hate, protestation and persecution.

So, of course, I'm in, too!

Oh, but tomorrow they take his pencil.

(No sharp objects On Suicide Watch.)

SK reply: Why were they passing notes instead of verbal conversation? How else would the inmate know details of where KK lived and others?

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted ******

The inmate testified Frazee wanted to switch to notes instead of conversation when the material became more risky. Not sure how the inmate would’ve known besides Frazee. He did watch TV specials, but they didn’t mention some people he says Frazee referenced in the notes

10:06 PM - 15 Nov 2019
This is hilarious. In what alternate universe are notes safer than verbal communication?

Had this merely been verbal communication, this guy may have never taken the stand. If he did, probably no one would believe him.

Those notes absolutely destroyed PF’s defense, and all but ensured that if there was any doubt it a juror’s mind, it is now long gone.

Classic PF!

ETA: From this point forward, any incredibly stupid act perpetrated by a criminal, will be described as “a Frazee.”

“That was a Frazee move right there.”

We (the lawyers) go over jury instructions on the record but outside the presence of the jury first. This way both sides have the opportunity to object to a particular instruction or ask for one that isn’t in. Sometimes it takes us hours to come to a final version. Then in the presence of the jury the judge has to read them word for word. They get a copy in the jury room too.

It was a good idea to leave them for tomorrow. They’re dense and hard to follow. This way they’ll be fresh.

In some jurisdictions, the judge reads the instructions to the jury before closing arguments. In other jurisdictions, closing arguments are made and then the judge reads the instructions to the jury. Interesting to see how his judge handles this.

Oh, but tomorrow they take his pencil.

(No sharp objects On Suicide Watch.)
But we'll always have his journals to remember him by.

Plus, if he stuck that pencil through his ear or up his nose, aiming for brain, it would do no harm.

He's also heartless, so guess the worst that could happen is a pneumothorax. Drat.

This is hilarious. In what alternate universe are notes safer than verbal communication?

Had this merely been verbal communication, this guy may have never taken the stand. If he did, probably no one would believe him.

Those notes absolutely destroyed PF’s defense, and all but ensured that if there was any doubt it a juror’s mind, it is now long gone.

Classic PF!
Right?
But here's what I don't get. If JD flushed the notes he would no longer have the addresses and descriptions. It's not like he could remember all of it. So, I'm thinking there was also someone on the outside to guide JD further.

Ashley Franco
4 min ago

Here's the latest in the Patrick Frazee trial. Both sides rested their cases on Friday. Closing statements are set for tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. Each side will have about 90 minutes for closings. I will be in the courtroom and update you as much as possible.

News update:
FRAZEE LATEST

Last edited:

Classic PF!

Remember how we thought there would be a bombshell at the end and each of us thought we had it figured out? (I was all in on the bloody boots.)

Not even close!
(Of course, no one on the prosecution team had a clue either.)

No fiction writer would have put this to the page.....a story too far off the chain of believability to sell.....maybe try that teleportation angle instead?

In some jurisdictions, the judge reads the instructions to the jury before closing arguments. In other jurisdictions, closing arguments are made and then the judge reads the instructions to the jury. Interesting to see how his judge handles this.
Oh that is interesting! I didn't even realize it could be different in different jurisdictions. When Sam Kraemer was talking in his fb live video on Friday, he said, "Colorado law requires the judge to read the jury instructions out loud verbatim after closing arguments." - But I don't know if that is actually confirmed or was just his take.

Right?
But here's what I don't get. If JD flushed the notes he would no longer have the addresses and descriptions. It's not like he could remember all of it. So, I'm thinking there was also someone on the outside to guide JD further.

I think PF instructed him to copy the notes and then flush the originals.

Remember how we thought there would be a bombshell at the end and each of us thought we had it figured out? (I was all in on the bloody boots.)

Not even close!
(Of course, no one on the prosecution team had a clue either.)

No fiction writer would have put this to the page.....too far off the chain of believability to sell.....maybe try that teleportation angle instead?
Oh yeah, this came out of nowhere.

I was sold on the boots myself, but this was even better.

The boots having blood on them could potentially be explained away, but the defense didn’t even contest the legitimacy of these letters.

They essentially told us, “they’re real, and they’re spectacular.”

He'll be jumping at the chance to do his first media interview. He'll love the notoriety he has.
I don’t think he will; this guy is different. He’s probably the least articulate and charismatic person in the world.

He made no effort to fool anyone, like Chris Watts did. I think that will continue, as will his pattern of keeping his mouth shut (to the media).

Right?
I feel like he was just playing PF from the start. He's a seasoned criminal and was bored. Or smart enough to know PF was on tv and might be worth saving his notes. He didn't flush them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne