GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they thought Murder one was never going to stick, until the new evidence came in and they became more realistic with how bad their client looks.

The defense argued the state’s evidence did not support 1st degree (as is a common argument). The state argued they did. The judge decided to keep 1st and add lesser charges to eliminate appeals. The decision had nothing to do with the strength of evidence. It’s covered in Sam’s recap.

The defense won by having those lesser counts included, but they’ll lose when the jury ignores them.

This case is a perfect example of what first degree murder is.

I was going to give you an appropriate Frazee response to such, but you have removed your cue card from your avatar, so I'm going to have to respond by memory....

Well, exactly.

If this wasn’t so horrible it would be laughable.

He really thought he was the man. FGS. He blabbed to everyone and their mothers about his plans pre and post murder. What an imbecile (moo)

...yet again, MOO, he is hoisted by his own petard. and...
giphy.gif

I think we should start getting Tweets soon. The prosecution and defense each get 90 minutes, and I imagine there will be a break after closing arguments.

The prosecution will go longer than the defense (probably), as they actually have ground to cover. I don’t see the defense coming remotely close to using their full allotted time.

If there isn’t a break, some reporter is going to leave and Tweet, as no one wants to sit there and be bored by jury instructions. The closing is the highlight.

I think I get that, but still wonder why the defense didn't ask for those options from the first. I didn't realize those could be added during the trial. Maybe it's just a grandstand to get the public (and jury?) thinking that the evidence is so much less than what it had been thought? Although it was more evidence.
Maybe at first they were over confident that they would be able to prove KK not a credible witness.
Could be a last minute desperate attempt to at least get him lesser charge?
Imo

I cringe to think of the conversation/interaction that KK's husband had with her when he found out his children were on the hit list with him.

I don't know, but I myself would be pretty emotionally outta control upon learning such how to deal with such information. I cannot fathom.

I think we should start getting Tweets soon. The prosecution and defense each get 90 minutes, and I imagine there will be a break after closing arguments.

The prosecution will go longer than the defense (probably), as they actually have ground to cover. I don’t see the defense coming remotely close to using their full allotted time.

If there isn’t a break, some reporter is going to leave and Tweet, as no one wants to sit there and be bored by jury instructions. The closing is the highlight.
I'm at work and this is killing me.
Ill check back in a bit.
Not supposed to be on the net
Lol!!

I noticed that both Lance and Jakob are in the courtroom today whereas just one or the other was there up to this point. ;)

And, good morning to you! MOO

At work
On the net when I shouldn't be
Don't have time to read all the posts.
Can someone give me an update
Just the usual morning stuff so far. MOO

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
A lot has happened over 10 days of testimony here at the #PatrickFrazee trial.
On Friday, a surprise witness testified that Frazee asked him to kill Krystal Lee and other witnesses set to testify at trial.
https://gazette.com/news/patrick-frazee-trial-frazee-asked-fellow-inmate-to-kill-mistress/article_b1b294c6-07c0-11ea-8431-7bd219000cdd.html …
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

6:25 AM - 18 Nov 2019
Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Also, a reminder: The judge in this case has imposed strict limitations on media coverage in the #PatrickFrazee trial, meaning I can't live-tweet proceedings. But myself and @lancebenzel will try to give updates during breaks in the action.@csgazette #KelseyBerreth
6:26 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee trial set to start closing statements today. Each side will get 90 minutes and then the case will be handed to the jury. I’ll update you with the latest. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth
6:30 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Good morning, everyone. I'm back in Cripple Creek this morning, alongside @lancebenzel as we both cover closing arguments in the #PatrickFrazee trial. Follow both of our feeds for updates throughout the day.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth
EJqWclyUcAEDvxu.jpg

6:24 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Rick Sallinger on Twitter
Line forms early In Cripple Creek for closing arguments in Patrick Frazee murder trial. #kelseyberreth
EJqbsJRUUAABFTN.jpg

6:47 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 11: Good morning everybody. Each side gets 90 minutes for closing. The judge will read the jury instructions aloud, and then the case is in their hands. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
6:48 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
I’ll plan on another Facebook live around 8:30 p.m. MT. Of course, that’s subject to change if a verdict is handed down. I’ll share updates as we can. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
6:50 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Josh Whitston on Twitter
Day 11 of the #PatrickFrazee murder trial. Waiting for court to start. Expecting closing arguments this morning and then it goes to the jury. @DenverChannel
EJqeMySXsAEOEyD.jpg

6:58 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Line outside the Cripple Creek courthouse is a bit longer than usual, as attorneys prepare for closing arguments. Doors opening now. Heading in. Stay tuned for updates. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
7:02 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
Beautiful view from Cripple Creek, CO. @danielaleontv and I are back in Teller County to cover the murder trial against Patrick #Frazee Closing arguments are set for this morning. Head to @FOX21News for the latest info. : @KelseySouto
EJqgf92UUAAR3dc.jpg

7:08 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Alex Rose on Twitter
Good morning from Cripple Creek. @vicentearenastv and I are in line ahead of closing statements for the Patrick Frazee trial. Doors open at 8. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
EJqTh41UcAE9sxd.jpg

7:12 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Josh Whitston on Twitter (Video)
What looks like #PatrickFrazee entering the courthouse on what could be the final day of his murder trial. Facing 1st degree murder charge or the possibility of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter. The last two charges were added at the end of the day Friday. @DenverChannel
7:16 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Last edited:
I cringe to think of the conversation/interaction that KK's husband had with her when he found out his children were on the hit list with him.

I don't know, but I myself would be pretty emotionally outta control upon learning such how to deal with such information. I cannot fathom.
I can't imagine either but I think I would get a restraining order immediately. I do not think she herself is safe from harm nor do I think she has the ability to not put her own children in harms way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member