GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Prosecutors paint #PatrickFrazee as cold, calculating and conniving killer in closing arguments of his trial. "His intent was to kill her (#KelseyBerreth) and finish her off, since she was a problem to him. She was a problem that he needed to go away."
@csgazette

"No body, no crime. That's what the defendant has been banking on for several months. The problem for him is evidence," says prosecutor Beth Reed of #PatrickFrazee during closing arguments.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

"We all wish #KelseyBerreth would walk through that door right now," says prosecutor Beth Reed. "That's never going to happen."
In using that last sentence, Reed repeats #PatrickFrazee's own words to another person about Berreth a day before his arrest.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Awww, that last portion made me sad ...

Ashley Franco on Twitter
She went through the evidence that has been presented throughout the course of the trial, stating it all points to #PatrickFrazee. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth.
10:05 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Reed ended, pointing at #PatrickFrazee , “This is a premeditated, calculated, cold and cruel murder. The cover up of secrecy and defeat of the defendant comes to life in court. The evidence compels you to one verdict and one verdict only, that he his guilty.” @KKTV11News
10:06 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She says Frazee knew Berreth wouldn’t show up in the days leading up to his arrest. Reed stresses the cell phone records tell the story. Her presentation, about an hour long, was powerful. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:06 AM - 18 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Headed back in now for the defense’s closing argument
10:07 AM - 18 Nov 2019

I noticed that both Lance and Jakob are in the courtroom today whereas just one or the other was there up to this point. ;)

And, good morning to you! MOO

Looks like Jacob drew the straw where he would rush out to report while Lance stays in courtroom. Tag team at it's best!

That's about the only thing the defense has been able to do for PF. I was shocked, like everyone else, that the defense didn't call any witnesses. But in thinking about it, I'm not sure what else they could have done. Shelia Frazee was not called by defense because she would've been cross-examined and subsequently run over by the prosecution. It's clear that whatever she would have to say (or not say by taking the 5th, invoking poor memory) would've hurt PF. Even IF there was any other person in PF's life to testify that he good character and would not do this, that opens the door for prosecution to discuss his character (at least that's how I think the rules work). The defense knew that if there was even one person who could get up there and talk nice about him, the prosecution could've lined up 25 to talk about what a hateful, scary, awful person and animal abuser he is. Not something the defense would've wanted on the jury's minds as they go in to deliberate.

And that evidence would be denied for being cumulative, the 25 I mean.

Prosecutor shows last picture of #KelseyBerreth alive -- one at a Safeway. "This is not consistent with someone who's suicidal. It's consistent with someone who believes she has a future. A future with the man who is about to kill her."
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee

And prosecutor Beth Reed showed a photo of #PatrickFrazee's truck after he apparently leaves #KelseyBerreth's house on Thanksgiving Day last year. The box, Reed says, is in a different position.
@csgazette

"Because #KelseyBerreth is in that box. Her beaten and battered body is in that box. And he's going to take it to his house, where he keeps it in the back of the truck while he eats Thanksgiving dinner with his family," prosecutor says.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee

Prosecutor Beth Reed sought to bolster the testimony of her star witness, Krystal Lee, who was #PatrickFrazee's mistress. Lee endured an aggressive cross-examination from Frazee's defense team that hit on her credibility and motivations for testifying.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

"Everything Krystal Lee said, testified to and told you about on the stand, is corroborated by all the the other physical evidence, and evidence this case," said prosecutor Beth Reed.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Just a killer closing from the prosecution. Everything KK said has been corroborated by the evidence. That’s what matters.
I really liked how they put his own words out there for the jury... no body no crime.. she's never coming back... masterful IMO
I was a little surprised DA May didn't handle the closing - but it sounds like she did a great job and since the jury is 7/5 (women/men) it could be a shrewd move IMO

5244.gif

Day 11 of the Trial.

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?
Here!
Justice for Kelsey and the Berreth family and it will happen!

I really liked how they put his own words out there for the jury... no body no crime.. she's never coming back... masterful IMO
I was a little surprised DA May didn't handle the closing - but it sounds like she did a great job and since the jury is 7/5 (women/men) it could be a shrewd move IMO
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I love having a female make the closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member