GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From February 19, 2019

Adams is looking back at reports for verification. He says it doesn’t say exactly when Patrick Frazee arrived for Thanksgiving. Shaun says he got there around 2:30 p.m., and that Patrick arrived a little later. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:18PM - 2/19/19
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Defense refers to Shaun as being a member of law enforcement. I’m pretty sure our research shows he’s a Colorado Springs police officer. Defense says he would be aware of things out of the ordinary. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:19PM - 2/19/19
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

"Listen, we know how bad all this looks for our client, and by "all this," we mean the voluminous evidence pointing directly to our client's guilt.

Things aren't always what they seem, though.
So, we're asking you not to look at any of that damning evidence, and focus your collective attention instead on other things in that jury room.

Like the clock on the wall, or Judge Sells' portrait. Whatever catches your eye.

Basically, anything but the evidence is okay for you to look at during deliberations, is what I'm saying.

Better yet, go ahead and close your eyes in that jury room.
It's been a long, tough, exhausting trial.
You guys all deserve a nice nap.

We fully realize the overwhelming number of neon flashing bread crumbs our client left behind him like a homing beacon are hard, and by hard, I mean, completely impossible, to ignore.

But just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.

Use your imaginations, people!
Transform that duck into a beautiful unicorn in your minds' eye.

Pretend the unicorn is our client, and then set the unicorn free.
Set It Free.

Look.
At the end of the day, the entire case all boils down to this:

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."
The fact that we didn't actually have our client try on any gloves, notwithstanding.

Now, if you'll excuse us, the defense team members have some Walmart applications we need to submit as soon as court is adjourned. The good news is that they're doing a lot of seasonal hiring, so whichever way you guys decide to go here, we're good."

Wow. Not bad at all, if I do say so.
Looks like I missed my calling.

I should have been a defense attorney.

Most perfect post of the case!
Please, please, please email this right now to the DA's office!
If you don't, I will!

Hard to pick a favorite line but this wins for me:
"Transform that duck into a beautiful unicorn in your minds' eye.

Set It Free."

BBM <Just because something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck and IS, in fact, a duck, doesn't mean you have to acknowledge that it's a duck.>
Oh my, this is a bright spot in a very sad trial. Thank you for the laughs!

I have a funny feeling though, that someone, somehow, will be on here to state that that duck is actually a unicorn, with the added comment that there is no proof that it is not actually a cow!
We can't know without a handwriting analyst.

Short and sweet....bet everyone's home in time for a late lunch.
Which charge will they all 12 unanimously agree to so quickly after polling and reading to understand the penal code statutes provided:

1st degree murder
Felony murder/theft
2nd degree murder
Manslaughter

All 12 must agree to just one of those. What do you think they will choose?

Which charge will they all 12 unanimously agree to so quickly after polling and reading to understand the penal code statutes provided:

1st degree murder
Felony murder/theft
2nd degree murder
Manslaughter

First degree murder, because there is a stunning amount of evidence that proves premeditation.

Like when he said to JM, “no body, no crime,” and “I figured out a way to kill her.”

Also those three solicitation attempts, and the way the crime happened (blindfold).

Isn't he a cop? That must make it worse for him. But I had an office friend whose son went bad in his twenties, he stuck by him thru various crimes for years, then the son finally pulled off an armed robbery and my friend said nope, no more, he's on his own. And everyone respected my friend for his decision.

Yes he's a police officer in Colorado Springs, iirc. Unfortunately good people can have bad family members. We see it all the time. I'm glad your friend did the right thing. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision.

1st degree murder
Felony murder/theft
2nd degree murder
Manslaughter

1st degree murder.
Done and dusted.
The jury won't even need to consider the lesser charges.

Last edited:
We can't know without a handwriting analyst.
PAHAHAHAHA!

Or DNA evidence of said duck, cow and unicorn (?) that goes far beyond septillion.

Because those odds aren't quite good enough for folks with a higher level of, ahem, discernment.

Let's hope none of these 'thinkers' are on the jury!

Last edited:
If you don't, I will!

Set It Free."
Poetry, isn't it? @GordianKnot gold!

I think that I shall never see...

1st degree murder
Felony murder/theft
2nd degree murder
Manslaughter

1st Degree Murder. Maybe this should be the new poll...

If you don't, I will!

Set It Free."

Well, I would have emailed it to Steigerwald and Porter.

But I was afraid they'd actually use it.

I wonder how the witnesses who were on his hit list are feeling since they learned of his evil plan. I would be scared to death. The damage PF has done could destroy more lives than poor KB. I can think of PTSD just for one.
Oh yeah, that would rattle just about anyone.

I have no concerns about this guy ever pulling anything like that off, but that’s not a lot of comfort to these poor people.

You are a kind and generous soul, quite clearly, which is admirable.

I, on the other hand, feel zero sympathy for this crusty old bint.
  1. She tossed KB out of her house once she learned of her pregnancy. WHO DOES THIS?
  2. She called KB a hooker.
  3. She didn't let CB see her own grandbaby, despite knowing that CB was worried sick over her daughter's disappearance and needed comfort. WHO DOES THIS?
  4. She very likely knew about KB's murder, the fire - and now we learn that she may have known about her son's plot to get rid of witnesses.
I fully acknowledge that I am judgmental and hardhearted for saying that I couldn't care less if she cries at night. If she feels alone. If she loses her franch. If her bilious blockheaded son is sent away for life. In fact, I hope so.

Further, if there is one shred of evidence tying her to Poof's jail-time-hit-list and/or Bentley's bond, I pray that she lands in a concrete cell of her own.

The horses have been taken care of and the elk hunt was successful. Pffft.

Hear! Hear!
I feel the same, whoizzit, and please know I missed your wit.

Your avatar is the best and I just shared it online with a cancer support group I lead. It will really speak to them.

Last edited:
I wonder how the witnesses who were on his hit list are feeling since they learned of his evil plan. I would be scared to death. The damage PF has done could destroy more lives than poor KB. I can think of PTSD just for one.

To be honest, I don't think the witnesses are as shocked as the rest of us.

After PF was arrested last December, Dan May's office actually sealed the arrest warrant affidavit and filed a motion to prohibit PF's defense attorney's from sharing the content of the affidavit with PF.

Not only did the Prosecutor want to protect the case information and ongoing investigation, but the DA also wanted to protect any witnesses from possible retaliation by PF.

I think they've been looking over their shoulders from the beginning. We can't forget that PF solicited KK to murder KB three times without skipping a beat.

MOO

ETA: Three court appearances later -- DA released the affidavit for full view by PF.

Last edited:
I know! What on earth could the defense even say?
He's a great guy, a wonderful father, that even took his daughter to work whenever he could.
He is a family man, a man of God, that stayed on the ranch to take care of his disabled mother, and had his own business which helped local ranchers. And he volunteered to help save the burros. And he cannot fathom why all of this is happening to him now
..... or some nonsense like ^^^^that. :rolleyes:

They will also probably 'remind' the jury that the surveillance cams from the neighbour does NOT pick up everything. And it is quite possible that other people were coming and going from that apartment.

And of course hit home the fact that the body was never actually found, for sure.

I don't think that will actually be enough though. His own words, that he said to many others, will do him in. His many lies and his phone texts will nail his coffin shut, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member