DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

Timeline of events in the Heather Elvis case
Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 11:02 am EDT
Monday, April 18th 2016, 4:08 pm EDT

From timeline... still says 6am!

Heather phoned her roommate - who was home on Christmas vacation - to talk about the date. According to the police report, Heather received and made a handful of phone calls. Her cell phone activity ended around 6 a.m.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24788974/timeline-of-events-in-the-heather-elvis-case

###

From original police report:

TE stated that he contacted his cellular provider (T-Mobile), who provided him with call history for the victim's phone and he advised me that the last phone calls were at approximately 6AM on December 18th

###

1/22/14

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

###

3/17/14 - First Bond Hearing

At 3:38 a.m., Elvis tried to call Sidney Moorer three more times, Elder continued. All phone data ended for Heather Elvis’ cell phone at 3:41 a.m.

The original missing persons police report from Dec. 19, 2013 said Terry Elvis showed police T-Mobile phone records indicating phone activity between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18. Lt. Robert Kegler, spokesman for Horry County police, said Tuesday afternoon that 3:41 a.m. is now the time police say when all phone data ended.

“The information [Donna Elder] gave is the information that I can give out,” Kegler said. “The original police report is just that. That’s what was known at the time. Other things have come out since then, which was said yesterday in court.”

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson agreed, saying the 6 a.m. time was a “roundabout figure.”

“That was just a really preliminary report that was sent out,” Richardson said. “We believe that by 6 a.m., Heather Elvis was already in harm’s way.”

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/cri...cle_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html

###

Sooooo...

• [*]The phone records that TE got from T-Mobile are incorrect?
    [*]The News Media interpreted a printed police document slightly different? :waitasec:
  • Other things have come out [changed] since then, according to Lt. Kegler. – How do phone records change over time???
  • 6am is a "roundabout figure" according to Richardson. – What kind of wishy-washy statement is that in a murder investigation?

There will no doubt about the correct times when these records are presented at trial. My question remains, how would these times change all of a sudden?

BBM - Maybe the phone records TE got from T-Mobile included data on Heather's phone that included calls other than to the M's. The media subsequently quoted from a source about the activity being as late as 6 AM, without sorting out who the calls were to or from. I remember seeing the quote from Richardson also. I don't know about about it being seen as wishy washy in a murder investigation? Since the investigation was ongoing, could the statement not be interpreted as keeping info close to the vest? There have been many conflicting reports in the media we have all seen on this case. In the courtroom will these matter? I guess we will have to wait and see what will be allowed and disallowed?

LE's "roundabout" timeline led to all kinds of discussion here early on about the unfoldment of the crime. But Terry Elvis said from the beginning that the last activity was at 3:41. He was the first person to view the log online. Those records are what they are. There could not have been any confusion on LE's part as to when her phone activity stopped. Then came the ping discussions, but LE to date has not released any official info on pings, although surely they got a warrant to obtain that information. So we don't know if the last ping was at 3:41 or later.

I've never thought that the last activity at 3:41 reflects anything but what number her phone called at that time. It's not clear if she had control of her phone then. I think it's possible that she didn't.

How long do we have until sssssidney's trial?

Two noteworthy news items:
Former Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes and several other former and current members of the police department are now being sued individually, according to a recently filed lawsuit amendment.
http://wbtw.com/2016/06/01/lawsuit-...-failed-to-act-on-sexual-assault-allegations/

The Horry County solicitor’s office moves thousands of cases through the system every year, many of those cases take up to two years. Solicitor Jimmy Richardson wants to put an end to lengthy cases when it’s unnecessary.
http://wbtw.com/2016/05/31/court-cases-could-go-to-trial-sooner/\

counting down the days....

June 2 – Questionnaires are due

June 3 – List given to the sheriff’s offense on no responses

June 13 through June 17 – Final hearing dates for any and all pretrial matters that need to be resolved prior to trial.

June 17 – Attorneys to provide witness list to the court

June 20 – Jury panel arrives and the qualification process begins. A jury will be chosen and the trial will begin upon qualification of the panel.

June 27 – Trial continues if necessary

So, in 2.5 weeks a jury will be chosen and hopefully the trial will begin without any issues. Are WSers allowed to start a betting pool on how many minutes it takes before the process is rudely interrupted by....say.....uh, someone from the [peanut] gallery? :laughcry: :judge:

So, the hearing on the motions to suppress will be next week. Right ??

It's June friends!!! I hope this is the month that Heather gets JUSTICE! I just hope and pray that somehow, some way, the location of her remains and details of her murder :)( RIP) are told during trial. I know it's a LO--->NG shot but hopefully!

counting down the days....

June 2 – Questionnaires are due

June 3 – List given to the sheriff’s offense on no responses

June 13 through June 17 – Final hearing dates for any and all pretrial matters that need to be resolved prior to trial.

June 17 – Attorneys to provide witness list to the court

June 20 – Jury panel arrives and the qualification process begins. A jury will be chosen and the trial will begin upon qualification of the panel.

June 27 – Trial continues if necessary

Thank you. So here we are and I am staying optimistic that the trial will actually start in June.

If there is any kind of red tape delay then I will be very disappointed because we have waited way too long already.

I am disappointed that both parties were not charged. The prosecution has lost the advantage of being able to maybe convince one of them to testify against the other.

II am also disappointed in many other things so far with this case. The potential conflict of interest with the judge. The charges not being murder. The long delay so far. The other news about the shady goings on with that county officials.

The signs so far are not looking good for this case but I sure hope I get surprised and hope there is an aggressive prosecution.

Glad to see a lot of us have not given up. Keeping the faith that justice will be served.

Thank you. So here we are and I am staying optimistic that the trial will actually start in June.

If there is any kind of red tape delay then I will be very disappointed because we have waited way too long already.

I am disappointed that both parties were not charged. The prosecution has lost the advantage of being able to maybe convince one of them to testify against the other.

II am also disappointed in many other things so far with this case. The potential conflict of interest with the judge. The charges not being murder. The long delay so far. The other news about the shady goings on with that county officials.

The signs so far are not looking good for this case but I sure hope I get surprised and hope there is an aggressive prosecution.

Glad to see a lot of us have not given up. Keeping the faith that justice will be served.

BBM. AFAIK TM is still charged. I think we have all assumed they are trying SM first because the case against him is stronger and if he is found guilty, could strike a deal in exchange for testimony against TM.

BBM. AFAIK TM is still charged. I think we have all assumed they are trying SM first because the case against him is stronger and if he is found guilty, could strike a deal in exchange for testimony against TM.
Agree. This case is going to hinge on the expert testimony about the truck, the payphone call, and testimony of the roommate. Hopefully the jury won't be fooled into thinking DNA is the only kind of evidence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey, Hatfield, I hear you. When we all first started following this case, I'm pretty sure we didnt expect a lot of things that happened would. But I still try to have hope that the jury will convict after seeing the circumstantial evidence. And also hope the prosecution has more good evidence that we don't know about yet. I guess we find out on the 20th.

The last hearing was just a tease. I have no idea why they had one hearing and delayed the other hearings for this long. You would think they would have set a date for TM's trial by now.

WPDE 15 just reported the next pretrial hearing for SM is Monday.

When SM is convicted, TM will turn on him to save herself in her own trial. She'll say she had no knowledge at all of it, and I think it would be difficult to convict her, despite her threats. So hopefully SM will start talking after his conviction to strike a sentencing deal!

Pretrial hearings for SM are scheduled to start Monday morning, and the defense is seeking to suppress testimony from Elvis’ former roommate.

One motion in SM’s case seeks to prohibit “the introduction of certain evidence,” including staged photographs of the Ms posing with a firearm while on vacation; statements made by TM, in any form, to or about Heather Elvis or the Elvis family; all communication between SM and TM; all photographs explicit in nature obtained from the Ms; and other prejudicial and non-probative evidence.

A motion was also filed attempting to “quash,” which means to annul or void, the obstruction of justice charge, and an additional motion was submitted seeking to prohibit the charges of kidnapping and obstruction of justice from being tried together.

The defense also wants to throw out “any evidence of hearsay statements purported to have been made by Heather Elvis,” including the testimony of Elvis’ former roommate, BW. On Dec. 18, 2013, the day Elvis was last heard from, SM spoke to Elvis from a payphone at Mr. Joe White Avenue in Myrtle Beach for more than four minutes.

The defense also goes after the Horry County police and former Elvis case prosecutor Donna Elder in a court document that is labeled as a response to state plea negotiations. The document states an offer made to Sidney Moorer should be admissible, and goes on to state: “In particular, it would be admissible to show a true picture of the conduct, bias, and immensely inadequate investigation and handling of this case by law enforcement and prosecutor at the time, Donna Elder.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article83091777.html

Any theories on why TM posted her phone number for all to see on a recent FB post?

Any theories on why TM posted her phone number for all to see on a recent FB post?

I'll take 'Dramatic Psychopaths' for $1000, Alex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back