Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Burke's FB....

Why did Burke like the page for Daniel Rohrbough? He's one of the Columbine victims...but why him?

I also saw he posted about National Sibling Day.

BTW...Burke has two FB profiles.

Hmm....notice his friend CS who comments on a lot of his pictures? I noticed that Burke lists him as his cousin. I do not believe he is a first cousin. Second cousin? IDK. It seems odd to me for two guys to say they are cousins if they aren't so I guess they are? CS seems to be from New England and I have never heard any mention of the R's having family in that area. Burke also says he is interested in both men and women...Is he bi? Did he list that accidentally? As a joke?

I also noticed he lists Boulder as his hometown. I could be wrong, but I believe he used to have no mention of Boulder on his profile for years. Interesting that he is calling it his hometown now instead of Charlevoix or Atlanta. He only lived in Boulder for 5 years, and his family left when his sister was brutally murdered.

can someone pls enlighten me/translate what BR means with this

posted on FB

Burke Ramsey
April 17
Moderation, is masturbation, what is what, and what makes you feel good.

seems a nice boy,huh

Burke Ramsey
April 20
Well **** me in the face. That's the last time I borrow my girl's car. #stupit***** lol
Young people posting dumb things to facebook seems to be common. What I find interesting is where he says that he does not know why people keep finding him. Really? Seems a somewhat disingenuous and calculated public statement to me.

Young people posting dumb things to facebook seems to be common. What I find interesting is where he says that he does not know why people keep finding him. Really? Seems a somewhat disingenuous and calculated public statement to me.

Where does he say that? Are you talking about the "Some people need to learn to respect privacy" thing? On his other FB, he wasn't in the search results, you couldn't friend request him, or message him, so I don't know why he doesn't update his privacy settings on his new FB. I wonder why he even has two FB's? It seems like he still uses both of them.

Where does he say that? Are you talking about the "Some people need to learn to respect privacy" thing? On his other FB, he wasn't in the search results, you couldn't friend request him, or message him, so I don't know why he doesn't update his privacy settings on his new FB. I wonder why he even has two FB's? It seems like he still uses both of them.
It's on this account:
https://www.facebook.com/burke.ramsey.5?fref=ts#!/burke.ramsey.5/about
Click "see all".

Wow, can't believe I didn't see that...Thanks.

I like media studies, politics, and skating. I just came back to Facebook. I don't know why so many people find me.

Yeah, I don't really understand what he is saying. Is that sarcasm? Um...he's listed under his real name, and his page comes up in the search results. Why wouldn't people find him? With his old profile, he wasn't listed in the search results but his URL was super easy to figure out. Yet you can't message or friend request him so it's not like people were able to contact him on that profile. So yeah...not sure what is up with that.

How interesting that he likes media studies considering his sister's case has played out in the national media for 17 years, his parents' manipulation of the media, the media lawsuits, etc.

One thing he posted on FB back around 2008/2009 was "I miss the 90s". I really hope he didn't mean that he misses the 12/25/96-12/31/1999 period! Did he mean he misses pre-Christmas 1996 when they were an intact, normal family? I am probably reading too much into but it stood out to me.

Long term lurker here.

Check out the comments on this post on the Maura Murray missing page...look towards the bottom. BR himself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112345878791938/permalink/637654346261086/

Then scroll down to the 2 April for another comment.

Aww one comment made me tear up a little. :( It's really interesting that he seems to be referencing the murder indirectly quite a bit. His friend TK helps to run the page. I wonder if becoming friends with someone who is actively involved in a missing person case is having some effect on him? I just wonder what it is like for him to follow the efforts of a family trying find their daughter when someone in his family (IMO) most likely killed his sister. Does he see the contrast in behavior?

He has indirectly referenced the murder about 4-5 times in the past month on FB. There was absolutely nothing (not even about Boulder) about the case on his page for years. I wonder what has caused this? Is it possible that the news about the GJ is having some effect on him? Like maybe he convinced himself that it was a complete accident..and then he heard that GJ wanted to charge his parents with child abuse leading to death?

Aww one comment made me tear up a little. :( It's really interesting that he seems to be referencing the murder indirectly quite a bit. His friend TK helps to run the page. I wonder if becoming friends with someone who is actively involved in a missing person case is having some effect on him? I just wonder what it is like for him to follow the efforts of a family trying find their daughter when someone in his family (IMO) most likely killed his sister. Does he see the contrast in behavior?

He has indirectly referenced the murder about 4-5 times in the past month on FB. There was absolutely nothing (not even about Boulder) about the case on his page for years. I wonder what has caused this? Is it possible that the news about the GJ is having some effect on him? Like maybe he convinced himself that it was a complete accident..and then he heard that GJ wanted to charge his parents with child abuse leading to death?

Lots of comments over the years that Burke might not be able to keep this crime well managed within himself. He was given a lot of therapy so he wouldn't, at about age 40 (according to his parents) start to have a meltdown.

I think you are right - the GJ news being made public rattled him up. If he didn't know there was a voted indictment (via disclosure to the family from behind the scenes: Wood) then it might have scared him enough to make him think something will give way to the truth finally coming out. If he was aware, then maybe he thinks the gig is about to be up, and he'd better start making some noises to make it look like he was stifled unwillingly over the years "for the good of the family". If things do start coming forth in bits and pieces, Burke will need to make sure he can claim his psychological health was damaged all along.

Long term lurker here.

Check out the comments on this post on the Maura Murray missing page...look towards the bottom. BR himself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112345878791938/permalink/637654346261086/

Then scroll down to the 2 April for another comment.

Welcome to the forum JC84! :welcome:

It hurts to lose a sibling worse than anyone should ever know.
Wow! Something I never expected to hear from BR. When did it start to hurt? He sure didn't act like he cared when it happened.

Welcome to the forum JC84! :welcome:

Wow! Something I never expected to hear from BR. When did it start to hurt? He sure didn't act like he cared when it happened.

I remember the Ramseys would always say that they never talked about the murder. I wonder if in the beginning, if Burke ever tried to bring it up, he automatically got shut down. This might have caused him to put a front on about the case. Another possibility is that it's easier for Burke to show emotion on the Internet instead of in real life.

I find it interesting that if you didn't know who he was, you would assume he was just a guy who lost his sibling. There's nothing about also not knowing exactly what happened to your sibling, or having them be the victim of a brutal murder. Maybe he just didn't want to make it all about him but it stood out to me.

I remember the Ramseys would always say that they never talked about the murder. I wonder if in the beginning, if Burke ever tried to bring it up, he automatically got shut down. This might have caused him to put a front on about the case. Another possibility is that it's easier for Burke to show emotion on the Internet instead of in real life.

I find it interesting that if you didn't know who he was, you would assume he was just a guy who lost his sibling. There's nothing about also not knowing exactly what happened to your sibling, or having them be the victim of a brutal murder. Maybe he just didn't want to make it all about him but it stood out to me.

BR would very likely desire to be received as just a regular guy. But by staging and constructing a nonsensical narrative, then pointing the finger at others, then suing anyone who brought up inconsistencies, PR and JR created a scenario that means keeping up the “lie” for the rest of the R’s lives. The one PR and JR wished to protect – BR - has a longer period of time to continue the ruse. He can’t say anything even if he wanted to, even if he does really remember something of that night, which would contradict his father’s (or lw’s) storyline. What a huge dilemma: If he speaks he risks much, if he doesn’t speak, he also risks, since there is always the possibility someone out there will wonder about him. The crime (one of the greatest “unsolved murders” of our times) hangs upon BR like the fisherman’s Albatross. moo

I don't think Burke has many outlets (that he feels comfortable with) to talk about his feelings on the murder or just his sister in general.

:truce:
BR would very likely desire to be received as just a regular guy. But by staging and constructing a nonsensical narrative, then pointing the finger at others, then suing anyone who brought up inconsistencies, PR and JR created a scenario that means keeping up the “lie” for the rest of the R’s lives. The one PR and JR wished to protect – BR - has a longer period of time to continue the ruse. He can’t say anything even if he wanted to, even if he does really remember something of that night, which would contradict his father’s (or lw’s) storyline. What a huge dilemma: If he speaks he risks much, if he doesn’t speak, he also risks, since there is always the possibility someone out there will wonder about him. The crime (one of the greatest “unsolved murders” of our times) hangs upon BR like the fisherman’s Albatross. moo

That it right there. The Rs, singly or together, were smart enough to construct a sensible believable narrative. Thus any solution to the case has to include at least one of them constructing a reasonably sensible narrative and also explain why the narrative doesn't seem to make sense. I believe the DogG theory does this.

There have been warnings on FaceBook about hackers "stealing" photos from a person's page, then creating an all-new fake page, ostensibly belonging to the victimized person. Could this have happened to BR? I'm thinking the "interested in males & females" part, and the Siblings part look almost like someone else is manipulating this page. :twocents:

There have been warnings on FaceBook about hackers "stealing" photos from a person's page, then creating an all-new fake page, ostensibly belonging to the victimized person. Could this have happened to BR? I'm thinking the "interested in males & females" part, and the Siblings part look almost like someone else is manipulating this page. :twocents:

IDK...I mean I wouldn't say it's totally out of the question that it's fraud. His twitter and other FB are private though so this person would have to be friends with him on both of those networks to have access to some of those pictures. Like the one of him in the store with the sword...Never seen that one before. So it's not a completely random troll.

But...one of his close friends on FB is TK, and TK runs the Maura Murray page. So does TK think he is talking to the real Burke? Because it would seem very out of character for someone who is involved in the search to find a missing person to be part of some sort scheme to pretend to be the brother of a murdered child....

But if you compare his other FB page, it's way different. And he is still actively using that one.

I think you might be right...this might be an imposter.

IDK...I mean I wouldn't say it's totally out of the question that it's fraud. His twitter and other FB are private though so this person would have to be friends with him on both of those networks to have access to some of those pictures. Like the one of him in the store with the sword...Never seen that one before. So it's not a completely random troll.

But...one of his close friends on FB is TK, and TK runs the Maura Murray page. So does TK think he is talking to the real Burke? Because it would seem very out of character for someone who is involved in the search to find a missing person to be part of some sort scheme to pretend to be the brother of a murdered child....

But if you compare his other FB page, it's way different. And he is still actively using that one.

I think you might be right...this might be an imposter.

eileenhawkeye,
BR cannot speak publicly. He has declined to speak with the cold case review, so why should he be airing stuff online?

Once JR and LW pass on BR will be able to to undertake media interviews. Either he has a few snippets that can clear himself or else he knows further questiong will run the risk of implicating himself so he might remain silent.

I'm a relatively new poster and haven't formulated a complete theory of JB's murder.
I'll just throw a few things out that may or may not sound reasonable.

The ransom note was Patsy taking the lead role in the cover up. I haven't seen too many Websleuthers or LE disagree with PR being the author. Writing the ransom note was a huge gamble by PR. I don't believe she would have taken that gamble without the support and knowledge of JR. She also seems to have either set up the body for disposal or crime scene manipulation. I change my opinion often if whether they hoped to dump JB's body or let it be found in the house in a staged crime scene. I think JR was present for at least the ransom note and probably all the staging.

If BDI he would have told both his parents. Not just Patsy. If PDI , she probably would have told JR and he probably would have encouraged Patsy to admit to authorities she witnessed her daughter's accidental death. Wouldn't it be easier to lie and say she fell down the stairs or slipped in the tub, than to stage a kidnapping/murder?

Unless it was such an obviously, devastating head injury it could not be explained away by a freakish household accident. Or they chose not to use the accident excuse because they were afraid of the discovery of repeated sexual abuse. Sexual abuse theory works better with a fake kidnapping with a body dump.

Question is how could that poor girls skull been fractured that horribly by BR or PR? I can see a grown man causing a severe blow with a flashlight or another similar weapon but what could have been the weapon PR or BR have used?

JR may have suggested Patsy to write the letter because she is ambidextrous and can use left hand deception. If Patsy had the lead role in the staging and JR was witnessing, supervising or contributing into the staging, then I think it is highly unlikely that only one parent was responsible for both the sexual abuse and murder. If Patsy was completely innocent but believed JDI (non-accident), ratting out JR and getting an immediate divorce would have been much smarter decision than putting her handwriting and fingerprints all over her child's murder.

For both the parents to decide to stage, John and Patsy were either both involved in some form of abuse or they were protecting BR from being investigated closely.

I must say, before I came to Websleuths I didn't have a strong opinion of which parent it was, but I definitely believed one or both were guilty. Now after reading posts for the last few months I'm much more open to BDI theories.

eileenhawkeye,
BR cannot speak publicly. He has declined to speak with the cold case review, so why should he be airing stuff online?

Once JR and LW pass on BR will be able to to undertake media interviews. Either he has a few snippets that can clear himself or else he knows further questiong will run the risk of implicating himself so he might remain silent.

Well, the more I think about it, the more skeptical I become that the FB account is really Burke Ramsey. However, I don't see how he posted anything that revealing. If it is him, I don't see how saying that losing a sibling is hard has to do with talking to LE? Everything he is saying is just so safe and generic. I was even thinking that being able to post on a facebook page for a missing person is a good way for Burke to express his thoughts on issues related to his sister's death without being scrutinized, such as in a bigger arena (the media).

ETA: I am on the fence about whether it is his or not...But if it is fake, I would think John or Lin would get it shut down?

Is it just me or does BR appear to be very juvenile on the FB page we're discussing? He's 26, a college graduate, and still riding a skate board? He's posting pictures of TPing a house and playing with toys in a store. It all seems like something a 16 yr old would do, not a 26 yr old. He may be 26 physically, but mentally and emotionally he seems to be much younger.

UKGuy - He would be airing stuff online for the same reason that everyone else his age does. That generation seems to feel the need to keep the world informed of their every thought and action.

Eileenhawkeye - ITA. LW, JR, or BR himself would get it shut down pronto. All BR would have to do is report the page to FB and POOF it's gone. No way would they let a fake page continue. For that matter, who would?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975