KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so curious the way there is so little mention of anyone seeing Baby K, even though Baby K was supposed to be with Terri. She is quite the striking little child and I'd think people would remember her adorable face and full head of red hair. I know I would. I have a child that age and people usually see her before they see me!

I don't know what that is all about, but chiming in with others to say I'm scratching my head over the silence surrounding Baby K being sighted (or not).

Question for those who've seen the video: Does Andrea L. say whether or not Terri showed her Kyron's photo on her phone or via a digital camera?

Did this woman check Terri into the gym later that day?

I don't know...Terri may be the evil sociopath so many here have diagnosed but I don't think there is any way she could have behaved that would not draw suspicions.

And I believe that everyone who is speaking with GJ or somehow involved in the investigation is subconciously overanalyzing every word, blink, movement, Terri made on that day, as many WS'ers did at the first PC when we actually saw her. (And yet back then, before it was "OK" to talk about her, so many people here were explaining away her blinking, wandering, etc and denying that Desiree was acting like she had the plague.)

So everything is in context, is all I mean to say. If this woman Andrea had not heard about Kyron and been called to testify, she may not have thought the conversation odd at all.

I didn't hear Andrea say the conversation was odd. I heard her say - twice - it wasn't out of the ordinary. The only thing I heard her point out is the photo, as 'significant', that Terri seemed to make a point of showing it to her.

The woman (Andrea) interviewed is in 'customer service' at the gym and only knows Terri from checking her in and making sure everything is okay. Detectives contacted her to VERIFY if Terry had been in that day. (not sure she is working there anymore) my comment)

Andrea also states Terri was not a very social person, was focused at the gym, not talkative and talks with people she is familiar with. Drops off child - focused!

Says Terri called out to her in FM...to make small talk. Terri was polite and talked about her daughter not feeling well. She knew that from the day before. Terri was getting medicine for baby girl. She was sure it was between 9:30 & 10:00 cause she was on her way to Borders by 10.00am.

Terri showed her a picture of Kyron next to project. Andrea has her own kids and misses working on projects with them. (maybe they are older now???)

When asked about Terri, she says Terri doesn't seem like the person who would do the things that the news says she has done. (maybe she is referring to MFH??) my comment

She talks about Terri being deceitful in other ways - not necessarily harming Kyron. (other ways - maybe affair, MFH??) my comment

She has interacted with baby girl. On side of Kyron.

hope someone got this better than I. moo

I know what you are saying, but why would Terri draw attention to herself?
For a decent alibi she would need the baby. Then she can say I was shopping with the baby, I even talked to so and so.

If she left the baby out in the truck she would either have to admit to leaving the baby alone or admit to someone else being in the truck.

I believe TH harmed Kyron, but this little episode is confusing.

I agree, the baby had to be with her.

It is so curious the way there is so little mention of anyone seeing Baby K, even though Baby K was supposed to be with Terri. She is quite the striking little child and I'd think people would remember her adorable face and full head of red hair. I know I would. I have a child that age and people usually see her before they see me!

I don't know what that is all about, but chiming in with others to say I'm scratching my head over the silence surrounding Baby K being sighted (or not).

Question for those who've seen the video: Does Andrea L. say whether or not Terri showed her Kyron's photo on her phone or via a digital camera?

bbm

Just says she was showed a photo. Doesn't say on what.

bbm

Just says she was showed a photo. Doesn't say on what.

just jumping off your post b/c it's last. If she had baby with her, she probably still would have had to dig for her phone (if her purse is like mine lol) imo. Do we carry our cells in our hand while we are shopping with a cranky toddler? I don't. In fact, under those circumstances, if I didn't put my phone in my bag, I probably would have left it in the car unless I really needed to have it with me. But I get that most people don't leave their cells in their car. So the bag is the more plausible option. jmoo.

Hmmm...let's see....makes sure she mentions the day before (I'm assuming at the gym) that baby K really wasn't feeling well (nice set up...why would she need to mention that to the customer service person at the gym. You would think just the child care folks). Gee...hmmm...I think I'll then go work out AGAIN the next day??

One thing I noted: She said she had just come from the science fair. Well, not really, she would have just come from FM#1. Why didn't she say "yeah...I went to FM#1 and they were out of medicine. Geez, can you believe that? I had to come all the way over here." Seems odd to me that she left that out since she seemed to cover everything else.

MOO

Wonder if they asked the woman what kind of Phone Terri had if that is how she showed her the pic....... hmmmmmmmmm

I didn't hear Andrea say the conversation was odd. I heard her say - twice - it wasn't out of the ordinary. The only thing I heard her point out is the photo, as 'significant', that Terri seemed to make a point of showing it to her.

You are correct..
But the reporter in the article wrote:

snip

Last Update: 7:59 pm (including this as they have updated again!)

A woman who spoke with Terri Horman the day Kyron disappeared shared her story with the Multnomah County grand jury last week, calling part of the encounter "odd."

Transcribed from the video interview, this is the portion where Andrea talks about Terri being deceitful:

I'm on the side of Kyron Horman and absolutely his parents... (swats at something on her hand) Sorry...his mom and dad...it's clear that they're disturbed and that they're just distraught over their son missing, and I want him to be found well and unharmed. I want his parents to have closure. I think it's obvious that his stepmother has been deceitful in other ways, that doesn't necessarily make her harmful to Kyron, but at this point it's definitely not looking good, from what I can tell. But I definitely want Kyron to return safely to his family.

After listening to the interview and trying to get the important points:

Seems that Terri was where she said she was and at the times indicated.

She saw Andrea in an environment different from the gym and seemed a bit more social than usual. That makes sense to me. Why would that be suspicious?

We find out baby girl was sick the day before and that Terri was, indeed, trying to get her some medicine. I'm assuming Kaine knew that baby girl wasn't feeling well. ??? moo and if he didn't,why not?

Sounds like Terri had a busy am: Took Kyron to school, went to see his Expo project, left about 8:45a went to FM and was unable to find the medicine she wanted. Went to 2nd FM ran into Andrea whom she knows only from the club, chatted, bought medicine for baby girl (was it prescription) and went to Starbucks? Is the FM she went to the one with SB? TIA Went to the gym for a workout, and home to post pic of Kyron by 1:18p - with Kaine home by 2P.
So what part of the day did she kill her step-son and dispose of him? Where in that busy morning did she do that? moo TIA

This makes no sense:

approx 02:32, she says Terri said:

"Yeah, it's going on for a couple hours so I just decided to come out and try to get my daughter's medicine"

Andrea does hint that Terri was at the gym that day...She doesn't say it outright, but she says that LE wanted to verify Terri being at the gym that day, what times, where she spent her time. Her recounting of those events leads me to believe Terri was at the gym.

So sometime shortly after Terri talks to Andrea at FM, she drives baby K around, and later heads to the gym, or she kills and disposes of Kyron, takes Dede back to work, and heads to the gym.

She saw Andrea in an environment different from the gym and seemed a bit more social than usual. That makes sense to me. Why would that be suspicious?

We find out baby girl was sick the day before and that Terri was, indeed, trying to get her some medicine. I'm assuming Kaine knew that baby girl wasn't feeling well. ??? moo and if he didn't,why not?

Sounds like Terri had a busy am: Took Kyron to school, went to see his Expo project, left about 8:45a went to FM and was unable to find the medicine she wanted. Went to 2nd FM ran into Andrea whom she knows only from the club, chatted, bought medicine for baby girl (was it prescription) and went to Starbucks? Is the FM she went to the one with SB? TIA Went to the gym for a workout, and home to post pic of Kyron by 1:18p - with Kaine home by 2P.
So what part of the day did she kill her step-son and dispose of him? Where in that busy morning did she do that? moo TIA
As soon as she left that store about 10ish, before she checked in the gym, If i recall 11:20

You forgot the 90 minutes she was driving the sick baby around before she went to the gym.

This makes no sense:

"Yeah, it's going on for a couple hours so I just decided to come out and try to get my daughter's medicine"

Actually, this kind of goes along with Terri not staying at the school that morning. Remember there were reports about confusion about the itinerary of the Science Fair? Terri thought Kyron was presenting or something, and then found out he wasn't, so she left "early." Am I imagining this? LOL.

This makes no sense:

I agree..

That takes me back to my opinion about TMI in the e-mails that she sent that KATU obtained, that has always bothered me...

Why so much information given out again?

I wonder if this is just the normal way she talks??

This makes no sense:

Was Terri referring to the science fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time