KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me that Terri was the only one out of all the caretakers who could make it to the Expo that day. So if baby girl was sick, she had no choice but to bring her with. Maybe Kaine should have considered staying home the entire day. Unless it was teething, I can't imagine why she wouldn't get a baby sitter. moo

Per the video, this is what Andrea says about Terri and baby K:

I didn't see Terri. She saw me. I happened to walk past her in the store, and she kind called out to me, got my attention, and I stopped to make small talk with her. I was just being polite and making chat [sic] with her, talking about her daughter not feeling well, because she was not feeling well the day before, and I knew that. She just mentioned that she was there looking for medicine for her baby, and that was it, it didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. It was just a quick chat, and like okay, have a good day.

Relaxed enough to stop and have a long conversation. Nothing ummm... pressing... to take care of. Nothing odd about her. In the middle of kidnapping or murdering a child. That doesn't work for me.
BeanE I see where you are coming from and appreciate your posts, they always make me think. :waitasec:
Maybe she wasn't in the middle of doing something to / with Kyron? Maybe it was already done or had not begun? Or maybe her only task left to do was to establish an alibi, while someone else did her dirty work. jmo
back n forth on the see saw I go.

(my posts are probly all out of order, i have a helluva time figuring out where I am here, sorry if I'm bout 5 pages behind) :redface:

:twocents:
jmo - I think TH was aware of the time groups gathered at the SF & what time they went back to homeroom / attendance. She was a regular volunteer, so maybe she felt she needed an excuse for not staying and touring with the groups, like a fussy baby with earache. If she was not 100% confident that the teacher would place Kyron at a dr. appt. she may have had concerns that shortly after 10 the school would start calls home. By placing herself in a public place at the same time, helps her alibi, if that's what she was doing. I have to wonder if after the 1st FM stop & receipt at 9:12, she still hadn't bumped into anyone that would recognize her. Maybe her whole purpose to being at the FMs / running errands was to find someone that would already know her & be able to place her in public in her normal state (not nervous or out of character), if that call should come. When the phone doesn't ring shortly after 10, she is off to "drive around" to supposedly soothe the baby.

I watched the interview twice & I don't hear any mention of baby actually being present at the FM w/ TH. Curious that AL notes she knew from the day before baby was sickly.
I've not seen any confirmation as to whether Kyron went on the group tours 9-10 or not. Last sighting by TH at 8:45, and possible other sighting in school at 9. Confuzzled. jmo

I think this is all very thoughtful. I would just add that Skyline Elementary didn't make calls for absent students. However, I suppose if - for some reason - the alarm was raised because teachers had seen Kyron and then not seen him and weren't sure what happened to him (which is still VERY shocking to me; I feel the teacher must have been CONVINCED that he was with his mom or else she is a terribly negligent teacher), that Terri may have wanted to establish an alibi.

Sounds to me that Terri was the only one out of all the caretakers who could make it to the Expo that day. So if baby girl was sick, she had no choice but to bring her with. Maybe Kaine should have considered staying home the entire day. Unless it was teething, I can't imagine why she wouldn't get a baby sitter. moo

So strange ... this woman Terri barely knows (Andrea L) knows Baby K is sick from the previous day, yet when Kaine was interviewed about the Friday Kyron went missing, he never mentioned once that Baby K had been sick. Did he not know? Was she not manifesting any symptoms by that time?

I wonder what the daycare staff at the gym have/had to say about Baby K's demeanor that day. Did she seem like sleepy? Was she sniffly? Complaining? Etc.

I'm just wondering if Baby K was ever sick at all.

Parents would bring their sick children to my classroom. "He was throwing up last night, but he's OK now. He WANTED to come to school."

Other things that they would say about their sick children. I would promptly tell the parents that the child needed to go home because THE child's resistance is down and the child could catch something from the other children who may be coming down with something.

Terri is not a new mother. She is an experienced mother who was also a teacher. With all of these weird diseases out there, a teacher should know that the LAST thing that one wants to do to his/her child is expose them to who knows what when the child's resistance is down.

And to bring a sick child to expose other children is not a very considerate thing to do, especially as Terri had nothing pressing in her life that took precedence over caring for her baby.

well, because it's not fair to leave a known fussy baby in child care, either to the baby or to workers; because you can distract a toddler yourself; because if she actually worked out while her toddler was miserable with child care workers, that seems really odd to me; because I haven't heard anything about lunch or a nap, neither of which is likely to happen at gym child care; and the TOP TEN reason why I don't leave my fussy toddler who needs meds at the gym child care is because, in the grand scheme of things, making sure I get in a work out isn't my top priority over my uncomfortable, fussy, tired baby. TH herself said that baby k was having none of sleeping in the truck. If that's true, she didn't have a nap from at least just before 8 (probably at least an hour before that) until at least 1 pm? Toddlers don't nap at gym child care as a rule. There's no place or time or peace for them to do so. The logical thing to do would be, imo, at a minimum, take baby home for a nap.

I totally agree. And for me, the main reason why this is such a sticking point is because I think it makes perfect sense to behave this way if you are trying to establish an alibi, remain mobile, and appear to be very busy (too busy to be up to no good). It could also just be that she happened to have a very busy morning and felt like Baby K could tough it out long enough for her to get a work out in.

I agree..

That takes me back to my opinion about TMI in the e-mails that she sent that KATU obtained, that has always bothered me...

Why so much information given out again?

I wonder if this is just the normal way she talks??

Good question......

So strange ... this woman Terri barely knows (Andrea L) knows Baby K is sick from the previous day, yet when Kaine was interviewed about the Friday Kyron went missing, he never mentioned once that Baby K had been sick. Did he not know? Was she not manifesting any symptoms by that time?

I wonder what the daycare staff at the gym have/had to say about Baby K's demeanor that day. Did she seem like sleepy? Was she sniffly? Complaining? Etc.

Good question! This is the part of her scenario that makes no sense to me. Why two pharmacies? What was she getting that FM was out of? Can't imagine unless it was for an RX. Why didn't Kaine stay home that AM with baby girl, especially if she was sick tgwo days in a row? Or take Kyron to the Expo himself. moo mho

Without a handoff of Kyron at school or at the 1st Fred Meyer parking lot (for example), this is all too convoluted. It looks like Terri was where she said she was prior to the checkout at the 2nd Fred Meyers (10 AM). Then driving 10 - until 11:39? - Then she & baby hit the gym.

Someone took Kyron from school for her and she met up with them after 10 for 1.5 hours unaccounted (if you are developing a theory involving Terri in what happened to Kyron).

IMO, this is why time frames on cars & trucks at school and Fred Meyers are very important. Also the ID of the unidentified person associated with the white truck...

Really? Your doctor told you it was A-OK to take your kid to daycare when they have a cold? Because I don't know of any daycare around here that wants to take care of a sick kid or have a cold make the rounds to all the other kids. If your kid has a runny nose, or coughing, or sore throat, or any other active cold symptoms, you are not to bring them to school, either. Maybe things have changed since your kids were small.

And yes, I do think someone who has a baby fussy enough that you have to travel to two different stores to get the "right" medicine and takes 90 minutes of driving around rural roads to calm down is a big jerk to then expect some minimum wage gym daycare worker to have to deal with it, and possibly expose all the other kids to the illness.

I don't know about rural roads in the PNE, but rural roads in the deep south are not where you want to be driving a sick/fussy baby around to calm her. I'd think it'd be worse in the PNE, with elevation changes and such, especially if the kiddo is sick with an earache.

And I have the same experience as yours about daycare and sick babies.

Now a what if. What if the medicine wasn't really for the baby but for the child who was being concealed, then possibly medicated until unconscious, then... well... you know? What if it wasn't the baby at all that she was trying to lull to sleep on the backroads, but the other child who'd been fed, say, tons of benedryl--and the backroads excursion was to kill time until the kill?

Just questions. Not that I'm saying it's so... but stuff that I guess should be considered.

Per the video, this is what Andrea says about Terri and baby K:

I didn't see Terri. She saw me. I happened to walk past her in the store, and she kind called out to me, got my attention, and I stopped to make small talk with her. I was just being polite and making chat [sic] with her, talking about her daughter not feeling well, because she was not feeling well the day before, and I knew that. She just mentioned that she was there looking for medicine for her baby, and that was it, it didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. It was just a quick chat, and like okay, have a good day.

Yes... and to me, this establishes timeline and nothing more. She didn't really have anything striking other than perhaps avoiding Terri (IMO... "I walked past her...")

Just a timeline jib-jab, IMO.

Good question! This is the part of her scenario that makes no sense to me. Why two pharmacies? What was she getting that FM was out of? Can't imagine unless it was for an RX. Why didn't Kaine stay home that AM with baby girl, especially if she was sick tgwo days in a row? Or take Kyron to the Expo himself. moo mho

Why would two parents need to stay home with one sick baby? She was a SAHM. That was her job. He needs to work to support her and the kids. When I was a SAHM, I would NEVER have suggested my husband use one of his few sick days to stay home with a sick child when I was already there. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

If the baby was really that sick to go out, then Terri could have stayed home and sent Kyron to school on the bus. Kyron might have been disappointed, but stuff happens.

Personally, I don't think the baby was really sick.

Plus, hadn't Kaine planned on taking "the family" out for ice cream after Kyron got in from school? Lots of running around for a "sick" baby.

MOO
But it seems to me that there must be something significant about AL being called before the GJ. Like perhaps to establish that baby K was not with her in the store, and of course this is speculation, because no mention was made of it. It would also go with the fact that LE is asking people to come forward if they saw the truck, or anyone in or around the truck at the school, or the FM stores. Seems to me she has gone to great lengths to establish an alibi for her time, but not quite covering all her bases.
If baby K was with her in the store at the time of her conversation with AL, there's not much to tell the GJ. Not unless there's more to this story that we've not heard.
Also, she took photos of Ky at the school, but no photos of baby K. Now, maybe that's not so odd, but if baby K was there too, you'd think there might be a shot of her too?

RE: Baby+Sick+Childcare

I want to chime in here, because as a semi-SAHM to a child Baby K's age...I think I am seeing this through a different lens (ha ha).

Would I take my sick child to daycare at my gym?...well the answer depends.

1. How many other kids are in the daycare? 1? None?
2. How stressed am I? Okay, its a stretch but lets suspend disbelief and look at TH as if she were innocent. Kyron has a huge-for-him science fair and the day before the baby is sick. She (if she were a loving involved parent) would need to focus on both Kyron and Baby K. Do I need to just 'get away'? Is baby k finally calm enough to 'get away' for awhile? I am at my wits ends, medicine hasn't kicked in, i have driven her around, I am exhausted...so, i think 'hey, i'll go to the gym, and if the daycare is empty I will work out for awhile and then we will both be ready and able to cope for the rest of the day....if she gets fussy they will just page me"

IMO it depends alot on how many other kids were in the daycare as to whether or not it would be appropriate for TH to drop baby k off.

If Terri was much more talkative than usual, it could be she was on an adrenaline high. I think her showing the picture of Kyron to a casual acquaintance is significant. She mentioned the pic of Kyron to her friend in an email the next day, too. I never thought that pic was hinky, but now I'm starting to think maybe it is.

Plus, hadn't Kaine planned on taking "the family" out for ice cream after Kyron got in from school? Lots of running around for a "sick" baby.

Whatever the med was that TH was looking for at FM must of worked as according to KH baby K was in her room playing when he got home at around 2 and TH was on her laptop. No mention of being fussy or needing mom's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran