KS KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Posted: Thursday, 15 January 2009 5:23AM

The Search for Adam Herrman

Authorities say they found no human remains while digging at the mobile home park near Towanda, where a missing boy once lived. But Butler County Sheriff Craig Murphy says authorities have found something connected to the investigation, although he would not elaborate. Investigators were digging at the mobile home park where Adam Herrman lived when he disappeared in the summer of 1999. Adam was not reported missing until last month. Murphy says investigators, acting on a tip, removed a shed and concrete pad that was installed at the mobile home park in the summer of 1999.

http://www.knssradio.com/The-Search-...errman/3665024

Dig at trailer park fails to find missing boy
Some items removed from site will be analyzed, sheriff.

http://www.kansas.com/196/story/663883.html

Without elaborating, Murphy said investigators found "some things," including trash, in the dig. They removed what looked like a plastic bag or plastic sheeting. He said the material will be analyzed to see if it is connected to Adam.

;) David Lohr wrote about Mr. Stanley, editor of Petoskeynews.com

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/01/searchers-look.html

(snip)
While the argument that the media should back off the Anthony case is something some people might be able to relate to, the suggestion that the public will now be burdened with the coverage of another missing child - who has not yet been found - is something that many others might find offensive. Click here to read the article.

Posted: Thursday, 15 January 2009 5:23AM

The Search for Adam Herrman

Authorities say they found no human remains while digging at the mobile home park near Towanda, where a missing boy once lived. But Butler County Sheriff Craig Murphy says authorities have found something connected to the investigation, although he would not elaborate. Investigators were digging at the mobile home park where Adam Herrman lived when he disappeared in the summer of 1999. Adam was not reported missing until last month. Murphy says investigators, acting on a tip, removed a shed and concrete pad that was installed at the mobile home park in the summer of 1999.

http://www.knssradio.com/The-Search-...errman/3665024

Dig at trailer park fails to find missing boy
Some items removed from site will be analyzed, sheriff.

http://www.kansas.com/196/story/663883.html

Without elaborating, Murphy said investigators found "some things," including trash, in the dig. They removed what looked like a plastic bag or plastic sheeting. He said the material will be analyzed to see if it is connected to Adam.

My bold-shower curtain??

Since they did not find Adam's body on the property lot where the Herrman's lived, I wonder if he could be buried in another section of the park.
Afterall,since Valerie was the park manager, I think it could be anywhere.

Ive been posting on the insessionmessage boards about this case because it infuriates me to no end, I just realized that you websleuthers have posted about Adam Hermann too...this case hits a soft spot for me because I too was in foster homes growing up where abuses definately occured, not as bad for me thank goodness but I was adopted at age 11. I am so mad that the adoptive mom has not been charged with at least fraud yet, does anyone know what the hold up is??? and its obvious what happened to little Adam in my oppinion, I hope she gets murder in the first, I have no sympathy for her or her husband because he had to have known what was going on too, IMOO

i am so slow sometimes....since he was not reported missing, then they would have received money for his foster care????????? for how many years? i guess untill he turned 18?
and that is crazy that the adults in the foster care syster (the care providers) abuse the kids they have, that is so sad :( omg
and i am so sorry for you if you suffered under the hands of the adults that were supposed to provide a good place to live, i just can't figure this world at times.......
beverly

It has been said that the financial fraud amounted to at least 58,000.00. That is being investigated. The hold up for murder charges would be evidence. Once an arrest is made, you have to be ready to go to trial and prove the charges. IMO, LE does not have that yet. LE has an idea and that's it. If they do have more evidence , it will probably go to a grand jury and they'll be the ones to hand down charges. I've seen grand juries take six months or more. If LE is waiting on forensics to come back, it will take that much longer.

Plastic Sheeting....Def sounds a poss that it could be a shower curtain.

To what ? smother him with :( I hate that I had to write that :(

PROSECUTOR: PARENTS ARE SUSPECTS IN ADAM HERRMAN CASE

http://www.kansas.com/news/story/666763.html

Butler County's chief prosecutor said Friday that the adoptive parents of 11-year-old Adam Herrman are suspects in his 1999 disappearance and that the investigation could result in murder charges.

Referring to Doug and Valerie Herrman, Butler County Attorney Jan Satterfield said, "They are the suspects in this case."

I wonder if they found his glasses? That would for sure convince me that he didn't run away and something bad happened. (not that I have to be convinced, I've thought from day one his parents did this. Why conceal him missing if they hadn't)

If the family was poor (and I kinda get that impression) I could see the story about him running away being true and it wasn't reported because they wanted to continue getting SRS money.

However, if what the uncle said is true: that Adam's mom told her brother that they gave Adam back to the state, I think it is safe to assume something sinister happened otherwise she would have told the uncle Adam ran away (like she told everyone else).

Btw: I grew up in Wichita (live in KC now).
that is what I thought too, why wouldnt she just tell everyone he ran away and to look for him??? there is too much evidence leaning toward a murder here...I hope she gets the needle, Im sorry but that is the way I feel, that is after she gets beat for 10 years by inmates...so she can know how it felt

i am so slow sometimes....since he was not reported missing, then they would have received money for his foster care????????? for how many years? i guess untill he turned 18?
and that is crazy that the adults in the foster care syster (the care providers) abuse the kids they have, that is so sad :( omg
and i am so sorry for you if you suffered under the hands of the adults that were supposed to provide a good place to live, i just can't figure this world at times.......
beverly
My abuse was nowhere near what this poor boy suffered, but I am glad there are so many others here and apparently out there in the world who are EXTREMELY angered by this, the thing that makes me madder than heck is that not only did she torture this poor child day in day out, make him sleep in a bathroom locked to a sink (poor poor baby) then continuosly beat and abuse him, she then has the nerve to cash his checks for 10 years, which means she has NO REMORSE soever for what she has done and no feelings of fear or regret. I cannot believe a human being could be that cruel its just impecable. Of all the cases Ive read about this has to be the worse cruelty ever because it was long and heartless and the adoptive mother seems to have no end to her torment, also the reality IM MY OPPINION is that she faked his psychiatric disorders for her excuse to abuse him and to then explain why he was not acting normal, who the HE$$ would act normal after sleeping in a dark bathroom chained to a sink all night??? I surely wouldnt. So she probably needed an excuse to tell why he was not quite acting right. I really would love to (I just deleted that part out):furious:...okay god please forgive me Im just really angry right now.

My abuse was nowhere near what this poor boy suffered, but I am glad there are so many others here and apparently out there in the world who are EXTREMELY angered by this, the thing that makes me madder than heck is that not only did she torture this poor child day in day out, make him sleep in a bathroom locked to a sink (poor poor baby) then continuosly beat and abuse him, she then has the nerve to cash his checks for 10 years, which means she has NO REMORSE soever for what she has done and no feelings of fear or regret. I cannot believe a human being could be that cruel its just impecable. Of all the cases Ive read about this has to be the worse cruelty ever because it was long and heartless and the adoptive mother seems to have no end to her torment, also the reality IM MY OPPINION is that she faked his psychiatric disorders for her excuse to abuse him and to then explain why he was not acting normal, who the HE$$ would act normal after sleeping in a dark bathroom chained to a sink all night??? I surely wouldnt. So she probably needed an excuse to tell why he was not quite acting right. I really would love to (I just deleted that part out):furious:...okay god please forgive me Im just really angry right now.

Polygraph I write a blog - a blog about Adoption, it started off all about me, but as I spoke to more and more people I found out more and more about the horrors of Foster Care and Adoption.
I write about those horrors.
I link to other blogs that REALLY Write about those horrors - they are in the USA and have more access to things

But I have brought awareness to others just with my little amount that I do that adoption and foster care are NOT so great and that adoptees and foster kids shouldn't have to feel *grateful*

Polygraph I am so sorry you had to endure abuse :(

No child should

And poor Adam - to be treated in such a manner - all of this is wrong on so many levels...its mind boggling

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back