KS KS - Angela Green, 51, Prairie Village, 19 Jun 2019 - reported missing in Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Daughter pleads for help to find Kansas mom after dad says she died | Daily Mail Online

Nov 2, 2020

A young woman who is convinced her mother has been murdered is pleading for help to solve the bizarre missing person's case after her father told her that her mom had died in a psychiatric hospital and she was cremated despite there being no record of her death.

Ellie Green's 52-year-old mother Angela Green hasn't been seen since June 2019 when she vanished from Prairie Village in Kansas.

The 20-year-old said her father Geoff Green had told her that Angela had been admitted to a psychiatric facility that month.

Prairie Village woman’s 2019 disappearance the focus of NBC Dateline investigation airing Friday

Oct 30, 2020

The episode, entitled “Hope Whispers,” is centered on the case of Angela Green, whose disappearance in June, 2019, remains a mystery. The 52-year-old was last seen along the 7600 block of Tomahawk Rd. in Prairie Village.

Ellie Green, Angela’s daughter, talks to NBC News’ Keith Morrison about her mother’s disappearance for the Dateline episode. Ellie has maintained she believes her mother died of a stroke in July, 2019, a month after she went missing and after Ellie says her father, Geoffrey Green, told her her mother had been admitted to a mental institution.

Inconsistencies in the story she said her father told her about Angela’s death, including that Angela had run away, led Ellie to file a missing person’s report in February, 2020. Although the Prairie Village Police Department has exhausted around 200 leads, Ellie is holding onto hope that her mother is still alive and has made repeated efforts to publicize her mother’s case.
I went on a Dateline binge watch over the weekend and watched this episode, so I came here looking to see if we had a thread on her.

Glad to see the articles with the phone call transcripts.
(Just SMH at some of the responses)

I am a bit confused on the "two" houses -do they own 2 homes?

I see LE searched a business building where he stores his vintage cars.

I hope LE has been digging where the flowers were Not planted, but just placed or "stuck" there along with the new dirt brought in for "foundation" work.
(GEOFF -
Well, they're not planted. They're just stuck there for the time being until we get the dirt all done around the house. ))

I am sitting on my hands for now

So are Prairie Village police the only ones investigating? They may not have the experience to search for evidence of murder or disposal of Angela's remains, especially if her killer went to great lengths to hide evidence and if a lot of time has passed. Does Kansas still have the KBI - Kansas Bureau of Investigation? They used to be pretty good. FBI is also available.

MOO

Sadly, the police didn’t learn about the case until much later on. With the husband likely the only one that knows what truly happened and him not speaking, the police can’t do much outside of the property searches. :( I am not disappointed in the police because they were truly given a “cold case” from the start.

Edit: What kind of granite business did he own? Would he have access to sites under construction?
Reportedly, GG works in IT for the fed govt. I believe granite business was just one of several businesses located near the area where GG rents storage for his vintage autos. MOO

3 minute video segment from Dr. Phil

DEC 1, 2020
‘I Want To Know Where She Is,’ Says Daughter Of Missing Woman (msn.com)
Ellie claims that when her mother, Angela Green, vanished in June 2019, her father, Geoff, initially told her that Angela had been hospitalized in a mental health facility. Ellie claims her father later told her that Angela died there of a stroke and that he instructed her not to say anything to Angela’s family. “My cousin, Michelle, requested a welfare check. The police asked my dad where mom was - and his response was that she had gone out partying with friends,” claims the 20-year-old, adding, “I was like – are you kidding me?” “I miss my mom so much,” says Ellie in the video above. “I want to know where she is.” Geoff Green adamantly denies having anything to do with his wife’s disappearance. He is not a person of interest or a suspect. Ellie says she is determined to find out what happened to her mother.

Can Dr. Phil help? Watch more from Tuesday’s episode here. Dr. Phil airs weekdays. Check here to find your local listing.

Another 3-minute video from the Dr. Phil show

DEC 1, 2020
Man Adamantly Denies Having Anything To Do With Wife’s Disappearance (msn.com)
Geoff Green adamantly denies having anything to do with his wife, Angela’s, disappearance. The Green’s daughter, Ellie, claims that Angela vanished from the family home in June 2019 and hasn’t been heard from since. Ellie claims that at first, her father told her that Angela had been admitted to a mental health facility for treatment, then later claimed she’d died of a stroke while in the hospital. Ellie claims that when she pressed Geoff for more information, his story changed again, and he told her Angela just left and he didn’t know where she was.

“Has your story about mom changed any more?” Ellie asks her father in a phone conversation she recorded with him in February 2020. Watch the video above to hear Geoff’s response. Geoff Green is neither a person of interest or a suspect in his wife’s disappearance.

And later, Dr. Phil enlists investigators and hosts of the Profiling Evil true crime podcast, Mike King and Chris McDonough, to look into Angela’s disappearance. ...

Hi... I’ve been following this case. It was on Dr Phil but I missed it and need to go looking for it.

I listened to Ellie Green’s full interview on Profiling Evil. Most curious is the eventual mention that Ellie found what appears to be a mound of dirt with concrete and plastic, and some sort of stone with her moms favorite plants on top at a fixer upper house her father purchased for her to live in and he had been working on it...
Wondering how long until the police get there to investigate that?!

Hi... I’ve been following this case. It was on Dr Phil but I missed it and need to go looking for it.

I listened to Ellie Green’s full interview on Profiling Evil. Most curious is the eventual mention that Ellie found what appears to be a mound of dirt with concrete and plastic, and some sort of stone with her moms favorite plants on top at a fixer upper house her father purchased for her to live in and he had been working on it...
Wondering how long until the police get there to investigate that?!
The storymap for Angela is worth browsing, PE guys did a great job of organizing the information.
Where's Angela Green?

No hospital name, mental health facility name, name of crematorium? And, no death certificate?
I also read that a marriage license could not be found.
I watched the PE full interview with Ellie and they did not answer any of these questions.
Wish I lived closer so that I could provide some help & support to Ellie. Tragic story.

No hospital name, mental health facility name, name of crematorium? And, no death certificate?
I also read that a marriage license could not be found.
I watched the PE full interview with Ellie and they did not answer any of these questions.
Wish I lived closer so that I could provide some help & support to Ellie. Tragic story.

BBM

Not looking for the link, But when Ellie Green went to the state capital, Topeka, to find a death certificate, she was able to pick up a copy of her parent's marriage record.

On all the rest, you're sadly accurate.

News to me about the fixer-upper house! :eek:

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member