Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“*** Two Case updates***

On Saturday October 13th the Riley County Police Department investigated human remains found in the 300 block of North Park Road in Ogden.

An autopsy is scheduled for today (Monday, October 15th) to identify the deceased and possible cause of death.” (BBM)
https://twitter.com/rileycountypd/status/1051860331188940800?s=2

[The second update is about a body that was found in West Manhattan on Oct. 9. The man has been identified Mr. Donald Howe of Manhattan, and the death is not suspicious. RIP, Mr. Howe.]
RCPD on Twitter

Maybe I am impatient but I would have thought by now that law enforcement would have released the identity of the body by now if it was Ashley and the media would have published it. With the big nationwide story being Jayme Closs, Ashley's story may get shuffled aside.

I would say if they haven't announced it, They being the Coroner & LE are in the process of establishing identity and cause of death of the remains found. Thereafter Law Enforcement taking the appropriate path to investigate if there was a potential crime committed relating to the remains of the deceased. I must admit it is concerning an official announcement of identity has not been forthcoming.

Do you think they may have ruled it a suicide so they are not making further statements? Maybe they have to wait for toxicology tests. I'm not sure. But when things go quiet like this I'm always curious if it's out of respect for the family.

Do you think they may have ruled it a suicide so they are not making further statements? Maybe they have to wait for toxicology tests. I'm not sure. But when things go quiet like this I'm always curious if it's out of respect for the family.

I think they haven't finished the autopsy yet, but I feel like if the cause of death is suicide her family will not keep it a secret. Her Dad has been very open about her mental health issues.

No foul play...sad

Yes, if it turns out that her death was due to self-harm (I say “if” since neither the MOD or the COD has been released; and that’s OK, even if we never find out, IMO), in a way, that makes me even sadder.

I hate to think that Ashley was in so much pain. I would also like her family and friends to know they are not responsible for her death in any way whatsoever.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind they did everything they could to help Ashley and that they loved her very much. Mental illnesses are called illnesses because they are medical conditions, just like cancer or heart disease. No one would fault his/her loved ones if one were to die from one of those illnesses.

I can’t stop crying writing this, so I have to stop. Please know, Mr. Lewis, that you and your family (Ashley included, and her son and daughter especially) are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry.

Yes, if it turns out that her death was due to self-harm (I say “if” since neither the MOD or the COD has been released; and that’s OK, even if we never find out, IMO), in a way, that makes me even sadder.

I hate to think that Ashley was in so much pain. I would also like her family and friends to know they are not responsible for her death in any way whatsoever.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind they did everything they could to help Ashley and that they loved her very much. Mental illnesses are called illnesses because they are medical conditions, just like cancer or heart disease. No one would fault his/her loved ones if one were to die from one of those illnesses.

I can’t stop crying writing this, so I have to stop. Please know, Mr. Lewis, that you and your family (Ashley included, and her son and daughter especially) are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry.

Your posts in this case have been truly inspirational. I want you to know that I think you have helped a lot of people who are reading here by so bravely sharing your story. You give hope to people who need it. Thank you.

Inmyhumbleopinion your words are eloquent. Just what I feel but I’m inadequate at putting my feelings into words.

My heart is heavy for the family, as well as all who knew and loved AM. Mr. Lewis - what an inspiration you are. Your deep and unconditional love has shown through in all of your comments.

May AM be at peace. Read my signature line...I believe.

Your posts in this case have been truly inspirational. I want you to know that I think you have helped a lot of people who are reading here by so bravely sharing your story. You give hope to people who need it. Thank you.

Inmyhumbleopinion your words are eloquent. Just what I feel but I’m inadequate at putting my feelings into words.

My heart is heavy for the family, as well as all who knew and loved AM. Mr. Lewis - what an inspiration you are. Your deep and unconditional love has shown through in all of your comments.

May AM be at peace. Read my signature line...I believe.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Alethea and cpeacock1.

And thank you everyone for letting me share. Honestly, doing so helps me, too.

My condolences to Ashley's family, friends, and community. I only learned about Ashley over the weekend but from what I read, she was a beautiful soul, and a committed, loving, mother, daughter, sister, and friend to many. Sorry for your loss. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back