Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FB posts by immediate family members over the last few hours indicate the remains are those of Ashley.

Rest In Peace, Ashley. I am so sorry.

My prayers are with her friends and family, especially her beautiful son and daughter.
Thank you for posting. RIP Ashley. I saw it earlier and didn't know whether to post the information or not. As it was FB and not MSM or LE or official. Pleased you did it and not me. Thank you for taking the bull by the horns and not pussyfooting around. Much appreciated.

Thank you for posting. RIP Ashley. I saw it earlier and didn't know whether to post the information or not. As it was FB and not MSM or LE or official. Pleased you did it and not me. Thank you for taking the bull by the horns and not pussyfooting around. Much appreciated.

I hesitated, too, and it may still get deleted for reasons you mentioned.

I just wanted to share with those on here who’ve come to know and truly care about her, thanks to her amazing father, Mr. Lewis.

Oh no. No no no. I'm so very sad.

Yes, we've had massive amounts of rain. The river that I live by is usually around 5-6' and it crested at about 27' a couple days ago. In fact, it's pouring rain now and it's supposed to turn to snow later on.

RIP Ashley. I thought about you a lot. (((hugs))) to all family and friends.

Yes!!! We’re there no thorough searches of Ogden? The town is TINY - literally the entire town covers 1.6 square miles.
I would be really disappointed in the incompetence of that police force - if this is her.

I live nearby and agree that it seems impossible that she wouldn't have been found sooner if it is her and she was that close but as I'm sure you know Kansas can have thick foliage and undergrowth in the summer so if she was somewhere wooded she may not have been found until now. She should have been found no matter where she was if they had brought in dogs to search for her though.

Sadly, remains are missed all the time by searchers for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the person is in a tree and the searchers don't look up/can't see the person through the leaves. Sometimes it's because they have been hidden (buried, covered by bushes/debris). I've seen it happen in so many cases now that I've come to expect people to be found in places already searched. Some cadaver dogs are amazing but they are not always able to find a person. JMO.

Posted by an admin on the “Bring Ash Home” FB page two hours ago:

“Human remains have been found behind Ashley's apartment. The remains could possibly be Ashley. We should have a positive identification on Monday. Please contiue to pray. Thank you and God bless.”

Bring Ash Home

Body found in Ogden

A citizen found human remains in Ogden Saturday, according to the Riley County Police Department.

RCPD received a call at 3 p.m. Saturday and responded to 300 block of North Park Road in Ogden

data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s*211m3*211y9780750968781874519*212y3938829369962882450*213m0*212m2*211x391173840*212x3327828893*213m2*211y9780750967230622195*212y7629164986935467696*215m2*211x391173840*212x3327828893!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x87bc352f7acd2557:0x36a9887173836592!8m2!3d39.117384!4d-96.7138403

jzF2xG4QpmL2

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

ETA: The posted road speed limit is 20. There are images of children riding bicycles in the 300 block area (perhaps to nearby General Store). Area behind aerial utility tank would be hidden from street passerby's. Tank is located across the road from Prairie View Apts and other affordable housing built in a cluster. I'm also surprised AM went undiscovered for so many months. MOO

Last edited:
Yes!!! We’re there no thorough searches of Ogden? The town is TINY - literally the entire town covers 1.6 square miles.
I would be really disappointed in the incompetence of that police force - if this is her.
I didn't follow this case but have since read many articles that her family still looking, and that crime stoppers was receiving tips. I didn't find any news that there were search teams, or requests for volunteers to search. Why? Community is only about 2,000.. $5,000 reward a lot of money for small community. Hope I just missed them as it's heart breaking that family suffered so long wondering.

Kansas private investigator Kathern Overley is helping with the case, Overley doesn't have any evidence that Ashley left Kansas.

However, the investigator is finding the case is tangled in the tiny town of Ogden where people are tight-lipped to talk on the record. [June 21, 2018 kake.com]

Was PI still working on the case? Sometimes people don't come forward if complicit in foul play...

Last edited:
I started on page 1 this afternoon and just finished reading the whole thread. My heart breaks, I can't believe she was so close this whole time. My prayers go out to Mr. Lewis and Ashley's whole family.

I know official identification has not yet been made, but sadly I believe it is most likely her. My heart goes out to her children, family and friends. Rest easy sister. I pray for answers for your family.

Oh no Ashley. My heart is broken reading these updates. I do take comfort knowing she had such an amazing loving sweet family, as shown through her magnificent father here on WS. Praying for the family and those sweet babies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back